Suicide (5 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

You may not mean to, but the way you write comes across in a very negative, 'i speak the truth, you all know sh*t ' kind of way

Im not saying you are, but you often come across as a religious dictator
Hmmm u say this as if i do it on a regular basis. I know that this post would come across as aggressive, which is why I apologised in the first place. AFAIK though, other times I believe i can maintain a friendly, non-patronising religious discussion.

Please, feel free to mention some other times when i've come out, guns blazing, as a "eligious dictator"

++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

But can you explain me one thing please?
Why did you say that quoting my post?
I said my thoughts as comment to thread, I didnt quote you, I didnt refer to anything of what you said...
So why were you talking to me? :confused:
Sorry if I sounded like I was targeting you, i just looked for any post that didn't expressly state: "REMEMBER, THIS IS JUST MY OPINION", because that's what some people seem to expect.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Hmmm u say this as if i do it on a regular basis. I know that this post would come across as aggressive, which is why I apologised in the first place. AFAIK though, other times I believe i can maintain a friendly, non-patronising religious discussion.

Please, feel free to mention some other times when i've come out, guns blazing, as a "religious dictator"
Don't take this the wrong way, but no, you can't maintain a friendly, non-patronising religious discussion. I've seen you try too many times and fail.

Look, what Paul is asking, isn't that big a thing to ask, in fact, I think it's more than reasonable. You speak in absolutes, whereas everyone speaks from personal opinion, and their writing style and choice of words reflects that. When you say things like, "Our lives, which were purchased at the price of God's only Son, are not for us to throw away whenever we feel like it." That pisses me off, and it clearly didn't sit very well with Paul either. You have to realise that a lot of peoplee believe very differently to you and will not take kindly to your impositions. Maybe I need to be more clear: You have to say things like, "I think", or "IMO", or "In my experience." That way, it softens the point you are trying to make.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
Exactly Ian.

I too was pissed of by the way he wrote that.

uhmmm, damn I really wanted to reply... but you said it all... bastard! ;)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
gray, I think what Ian said is reasonable :)

There have been a lot of interesting points of view here, in particular Paul's have caught my eye.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
gray, I think what Ian said is reasonable :)

There have been a lot of interesting points of view here, in particular Paul's have caught my eye.
:LOL:I think that's the first time you've characterized any of my posts here as reasonable....I feel honoured.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Either your style has evolved or my opinion has changed cause I find a lot of them reasonable these days. ;)
:LOL: I think it's mostly me, or so I'm told...

Aug 1, 2003
For me suicide is like quitting. Really, things could get well- you never know- and you just quit. Yes, its your choice, but for me, its a wrong choice.

Sorry if I sound too harsh, that's just my unimportant opinion :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I don't think many people noticed that I was well aware that the offending post would be more aggressive than most.

++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Don't take this the wrong way, but no, you can't maintain a friendly, non-patronising religious discussion. I've seen you try too many times and fail.
Please point me in the relevant direction, a link would be nice :)

That's a serious request, I'm not saying that there are no such incidences, but it'd be helpful to go through what i've said in the past.

++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
Maybe I need to be more clear: You have to say things like, "I think", or "IMO", or "In my experience." That way, it softens the point you are trying to make.
I guess I wasn't really trying to soften my point at all, because i feel so strongly about the topic...hence the initial disclaimer (which evidently went largely ignored).

I kinda knew that I was being very imposing and narrow-minded in this particular instance, but I was just dismayed at the lax way in which people view life.

Anyway, I learn from my mistakes, and i'll think a little more before I post.

Cheers, and apologies to those who were offended :)

p.s. If i were to try and make up an excuse, it would be that i'm getting more fired up and intense, since i'm headed off on a mission trip in 2 sleeps.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
And one thing about families and friends: I've never heard about anyone, who would commit suicide, if they had loving family and friends, really good friends.
That's an insult to everyone who's ever lost a close friend or relative to suicide Vit. :wth:

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
Any thoughts on suicide?

Philosophical? Theological? Practical?
i've commited suicide few times.

have thought of it,endless times.

but now,after fullfiling my bigest dream,
i feel that i have to live longer to live even more things.

but many times i have thoughts of how would it like to be dead.
i am curious to see how am i going to feel as dead.
but i am also afraid of losing my loving ppl and i will never see juve again.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
i was just jokin' around dude :scared: Okay, so i shouldn't joke around about this kind of stuff.

I'm sorry to hear that Lili, but i'm glad to know that you're over that phase now.

As for being dead... i don't think it's worth speeding up the process... because that's the one thing that you have a guarantee of experiencing...

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
i was just jokin' around dude :scared: Okay, so i shouldn't joke around about this kind of stuff.

I'm sorry to hear that Lili, but i'm glad to know that you're over that phase now.

As for being dead... i don't think it's worth speeding up the process... because that's the one thing that you have a guarantee of experiencing...
well,
you know,
it's not that you shouldn't be joking about these stuff,
that was the worse period of my life.
i had reached the bottom then.

and it;s just me that i can not find it funny cause i've been through it.

but i am still curious.
and i am also curious to see how the ppl who know me would react on my death.
and generally,anyone who know me.
how they would react.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
and i am also curious to see how the ppl who know me would react on my death.
and generally,anyone who know me.
how they would react.
They, we, would be very sad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)