Suicide (1 Viewer)

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #41
    Heres a question though- a couple months ago, a senior member of the Hyundai board committed suicide, because it was discovered that he had something to do with some financial scandal.

Many people know/hear of people who kill themselves because their girlfriend/boyfriend broke up with them.

Is suicide really the solution?

I mean life is really precious to me, simply because of the amount of potential it has. You can accomplish so much in life, you can enjoy it so much, if you stop to think about it.

I mean cant someone just go away and start their life over somewhere else?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
    Heres a question though- a couple months ago, a senior member of the Hyundai board committed suicide, because it was discovered that he had something to do with some financial scandal.
    Quite a common reason

Many people know/hear of people who kill themselves because their girlfriend/boyfriend broke up with them.
    People have different fresh holds... reasons that some find pathetic... are beyond what some can cope with

Is suicide really the solution?
    IMO... For some yes!

I mean life is really precious to me, simply because of the amount of potential it has. You can accomplish so much in life, you can enjoy it so much, if you stop to think about it.
    Yes, but then it depends where you are in life... Some know they have accomplished all their dreams and aspirations... they have nothing left to strive for

I mean cant someone just go away and start their life over somewhere else?
    Not allways... If its in your head rather than your surroundings... where ever you go it will remain

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    I think suicide is kinda of a selfish thing too. And it is not the answer. It might be the easiest option, but not always the best. Ive never been through wanting to suicide so I dont really know what it feels like, but you can always work it go. Be positive, go to a psychologist (sp?), etc.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    Speaking about suicide: it's my life, it's my body, both belong to me, and I can do with them whatever I want and when I want.
    Even if this is suicide.

And one thing about families and friends: I've never heard about anyone, who would commit suicide, if they had loving family and friends, really good friends.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
    So your saying that the majority of suicides are justified?
    No not all.... Some are some arnt

For some its an easy option or for the wrong reasons, some are even pushed/forced into it... but you cant put them all in the same pile.

For your friend i dont know, maybe it was maybe it wasnt.

The case i was close to.. it was definately justified and understandable... eventually

Either way its a very sad thing that a person can have lost all will to carry on

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Your life isnt yours - It was given to you by God and he's the only one that can take it away. Well thats what I believe.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
    Speaking about suicide: it's my life, it's my body, both belong to me, and I can do with them whatever I want and when I want.
    Even if this is suicide.
    Agree completely

And one thing about families and friends: I've never heard about anyone, who would commit suicide, if they had loving family and friends, really good friends.
    From my experience thats wrong.
    Sometimes a person that is very appy outwardly and has many friends is tormented within.
    Especially if its linked to their family.... then their only release is when they are among friends... but however happy they are and free they are amongst friends , the moment they are alone they are in peices again... that can stay with them for ever... especially when the cause is their own flesh and blood

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #50
    fabi and vit, both make valid points.

paul, i think i see what you mean. the real problem isnt that they did what they did. the real problem is that they lost the will to live.

i believe suicide is wrong, because of my Christian background, but when I think about it- I see that people seem trapped in situations and seem to have no escape.

What was really strange about Vince was that he was the kind of person who never took anything seriously. At all. And it wasnt a bad trait- on the contrary it is what made him such a great person.

He was the most original person I know. He would walk into class with bamboo hats, nunchucks, laptops, boom-boxes.

He was something of a daredevil too- drag racing, gangs, etc. Honestly he was a bit of an attention-whore, obnoxious. But people still liked him. everybody knew him, . And I believe that his suicide was related to that trait of his in a way.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Agree completely

From my experience thats wrong.
    Sometimes a person that is very appy outwardly and has many friends is tormented within.
    Especially if its linked to their family.... then their only release is when they are among friends... but however happy they are and free they are amongst friends , the moment they are alone they are in peices again... that can stay with them for ever... especially when the cause is their own flesh and blood

I understand what you mean, but that's not what I think about real loving family and friends.
    Cause with real loving family, caring friends: you cant be happy outwardly and be tormented inside. Even if you're bothered by sth, they are with you, they help etc.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002

I understand what you mean, but that's not what I think about real loving family and friends.
    Cause with real loving family, caring friends: you cant be happy outwardly and be tormented inside. Even if you're bothered by sth, they are with you, they help etc.
    Vit,

Theres some things that friends / family cannot help, however much they care.. in my experience anyway

However much you love someone , you cant always help them

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002

Vit,

Theres some things that friends / family cannot help, however much they care.. in my experience anyway

However much you love someone , you cant always help them

So we will have to agree to disagree here :)

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #56
    Vit- what he says makes sense because there are some things you can never tell even your brother. And this mistrust plays a role in the matter

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    Lac... one thing...
    Why are you trying to convince me to Paul's opinion?
    You're forcing me to agree with him, I have no idea why.

If you think that Paul is right - that's your opinion and only yours, not mine. I think I expressed my thoughts about that quite clear in this matter.

So please, let me keep my own thoughts, and really, dont try to explain me things, which are clear enough, but I just dont agree with them.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++

dude... not everyone believes in god. You're speaking of this like it's a fact, but it's not - only to christians.

People like this don't give a rats arse what god thinks. It's their life and they should do whatever makes them happy or puts them out of their misery.

That's only my opinion, and I'm not trying to start some religious fight or anything.

In your beleif... Please accept others beleive very different things to you...

we all feel very differently... accept it and stop preaching

So please think of others beleifs... Yours is not fact .. its your opinion... as my views are mine and so on...

As i said i respect your beleif.. I jus disagree.. Please do the same.
    In reply to both these posts: aren't you stating your opinion too? I thought that was the general idea of a forum, that everyone posts their ideas. If we all had to post only what was fact, this would be a very lonely, statistical place. I thought we were operating under the assumption that everyone's just stating their opinion.

Im sorry if im harsh in this post... but you, i find unbeleivably offensive with your holier than thou... my beleif is the only correct one bullshit.
    I already apologised in advance, because I knew that my views are strong and potentially offensive.

You dont know peoples situations, you dont know the hell they are living....
    Your looking down from your cosy glass house passing judgement on people you know nothing about.
    I understand that sometimes situations seem so impossible that suicide might look like the easiest solution, but in general, I need not know about people's situations to think that suicide is despicable.

Even if this is suicide.
    Why is is that my views are shot down, with people saying "stop acting like it's fact when it's just your opinion"... just because people don't agree with me? Please, let's have some consistent standards here.

I shan't comment on your post, for fear of offending you or sounding narrow-minded.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I understand that sometimes situations seem so impossible that suicide might look like the easiest solution, but in general, I need not know about people's situations to think that suicide is despicable.
    Why do you assume suicide is the easiest option... sometimes it is... sometimes its also the hardest path

Why is is that my views are shot down, with people saying "stop acting like it's fact when it's just your opinion"... just because people don't agree with me? Please, let's have some consistent standards here.
    Your views are shot down because of the way you write... You dont write as an opinion or a view you write in such a way to tell us its fact, and give the impresion everyone elses views are wrong.

You may not mean to, but the way you write comes across in a very negative, 'i speak the truth, you all know sh*t ' kind of way

Im not saying you are, but you often come across as a religious dictator

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I shan't comment on your post, for fear of offending you or sounding narrow-minded.
    But can you explain me one thing please?
    Why did you say that quoting my post?
    I said my thoughts as comment to thread, I didnt quote you, I didnt refer to anything of what you said...
    So why were you talking to me? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)