strikers (2 Viewers)

bubba

Apr 6, 2003
all talk bout strikers here

if im not mistaken, we have 5 first team strikers currently....

1. alessandro DEL PIERO
im hoping that he'll regain his form from early season. But after watching the derby match, i noticed he isnt making as much movement as a forward/striker should, and he's not running into open scoring positions i think..maybe he's still not 100%, but still...i think the coaching staff have to work on that. Plus he does look like he can run anymore..he's got hardly any pace..be4 he got his terrible injury long time ago, he was much more pacey i think...i dont think eventhough such an injury, thats not an excuse to lose your pace..plus he isnt THAT old anyway..

2. david TREZEGUET
he's definetely not showing the form from last year that got him 24 goals...but understandably, he's been injury plagued this season...i'll seen him play a few times be4 he's most recent injury and i dont think he looks as exciting as last season. Hopefully he wil return from injury and start scoring more regularly....

3. marco DI VIAO
he waznt 100% fit vs Barca, but still a miss like that is NOT acceptable IMO.. i think he needs to play abit more(maybe in the reserves, just to get his fitness back, and his confidence). I dont think there's any point in selling him now, cause nobody's gonna buy him at a price where we'll get a profit from. So give him a few starts in less important matches in see if he improves...i think selling him now will be a big waste when he can make it big in his career with Juve(he has the talent to do so as well)

4. marcelo ZALAYETA
nothing much to say here..He's a bit inexperience/naive to me but exciting. i dont think he has it in him to be a big star at juve(unlike Miccoli IMO)..i thik he's gonna get the same treatment as Amoruso, spend a few seasons here and move on to a semi-big club like Bologna or something...

5. marcelo SALAS
is having a hellish time at Juve.. i think he needs some time away from Italy, go back to Argentina and 're-spark' his career with maybe River or some othe club..... A real shame as he could have been a real star at Juve IMO. he could still be one but most likely not...

my dream formation

------------------/\---------Treze(SC)----------/\-----
------------------|---------------------------------|------
------------Del Piero--------/\-------------Di vaio/miccoli
----nedved>>>>>>>>>>>>>|---------------<<<camo

lots of movement, especially from nedved.

Transfers i want
Miccoli back from loan - will give us a big of excitement in to the forward line
cavenaghi/d'ale in - replacement for Salas
Zalayeta out for loan - preferably to an italian club.

feel free to post your comments and news :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
Great post!:thumb:

Although I would like Zala at Juve next season, as he is a good backup and a good player. Agree about Miccoli, we'll need him next season.

OP
bubba

bubba

Apr 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3

i dunno bout zalayeta..he's no doubt good, but doesnt look like he has enuff quality i think. he's stay for a while, but he'll get frustrated sooner or later due to lack of first team starts...but agreed he's a good backup..

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    I Would Prefer Selling David Trezeguet who is no more trezegol for high some of cash and buy a good playmaker then bring sculli back from loan or buy another striker ( Adriano is a great striker and he is young and i'm dreaming of having another ronaldo here + we have good relation with parma so we can grab him easly).

Del Piero + Miccoli + Di Vaio + Adriano = :strong::thumb: Champions

OP
    bubba

bubba

Apr 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    adriano :undecided: he's got class alright but he didnt do very well at Inter(big club)...

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    If we wanna be a top class team in Cl then Zalayeta has got to goand someone better should be ued to replace him

He does not inspire confidence and when he scores its a big bonus and he is meant to be a striker

Dp is just not match fit thats all come on he has been out for 2 months

Di Vaio should have played 30 mins at least against Torino once it was known that Trez was injured but I am not the manager

OP
    bubba

bubba

Apr 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    If we wanna be a top class team in Cl then Zalayeta has got to goand someone better should be ued to replace him

He does not inspire confidence and when he scores its a big bonus and he is meant to be a striker
    i think we have enuff players, strikers like Treze n DP to inspire confidence. I dont think he was brought to Juve to do that..he does scored a few goals but if we wanna compete against Real, MU etc, then zala shouldnt really be in the first team much...

he's already played 3-4 games..he should be a bit better than he was vs barca IMO..

Di Vaio should have played 30 mins at least against Torino once it was known that Trez was injured but I am not the manager
    dunno about that....he wasnt 100% at that match i heard...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003

Yes, simply like that.

Divaio needs more mites,,like del`piero,but both are good.

Zalayeta must be sold or loaned, i like his attitude and will, but we need the goals that he is not giving to juve, simply.

I like trezeguet, but he is under a tough moment.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by bubba ] ++

my dream formation

lots of movement, especially from nedved.

Transfers i want
    Miccoli back from loan - will give us a big of excitement in to the forward line
    cavenaghi/d'ale in - replacement for Salas
    Zalayeta out for loan - preferably to an italian club.

feel free to post your comments and news :)
    good post.

However, i think that Zala shouldn't be sold. He isn't bad at all for a 5th striker. he can come in and score are at least help (Unlike Amoruso and Esnaider)

Miccoli would be Salas's replacement. (even though he's a second striker.....i dont think we need someone like Salas)

D'Ale would be great to reinforce the midfield. juve has some problems finding subs for neddy or the left midfield.

Also, i dont agree with your formation because it's waaay too offensive. those are 5 offensive players. that would only leave room for either:
    **1 holding mid and 4 defenders (this will be a tough job for the midfilder like Tacchi or for davids (who can't destribute the ball well)

**2 midfielders and 3 defenders (this would secure the midfield, but the flanks would be highly exposed.)

i doubt this would word for a team like juve.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by bubba ] ++

i think we have enuff players, strikers like Treze n DP to inspire confidence. I dont think he was brought to Juve to do that..he does scored a few goals but if we wanna compete against Real, MU etc, then zala shouldnt really be in the first team much...

he's already played 3-4 games..he should be a bit better than he was vs barca IMO..

dunno about that....he wasnt 100% at that match i heard...
    I meant that when you see Zala coming on, you are not confident he will come on and change the game .

As for Dp yes he was very disappointing against Barcelona but he as not played a full match yet , has he, 15 mins against Basle, 45 mins against Milan and 75 mins against Torino is not enuff to be fully match fit and to make matters worse he was played as a lone striker

OP
    bubba

bubba

Apr 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    I meant that when you see Zala coming on, you are not confident he will come on and change the game .
    i dont think a 5th or 4th choice striker really ever gives you the confidence or asurance that he's gonna score...plus he'shardly been given enuff time per match this season to prove he's a worthy striker.....so i think we should loan him out and see how he plays...if he's good, than all the better, but if he plays averagely, then let him stay there IMO.....

As for Dp yes he was very disappointing against Barcelona but he as not played a full match yet , has he, 15 mins against Basle, 45 mins against Milan and 75 mins against Torino is not enuff to be fully match fit and to make matters worse he was played as a lone striker
    y, even be4 his most recent injury, he still didnt look spark-ish or speedy like be4 his infamous injury...but he's no doubt a good player, but i think he's not living up to his great potential...my 2 cens anyway...

OP
    bubba

bubba

Apr 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

good post.

1. However, i think that Zala shouldn't be sold. He isn't bad at all for a 5th striker. he can come in and score are at least help (Unlike Amoruso and Esnaider)

2. Miccoli would be Salas's replacement. (even though he's a second striker.....i dont think we need someone like Salas)

3. D'Ale would be great to reinforce the midfield. juve has some problems finding subs for neddy or the left midfield.
    1. i never thinked that Zalayeta should be sold..not onli is that unfair to him but stupid....but i think if Di Viao, Treze and ADP should find there form n start performing, i dont think he's be given much atention..... the most he'll probs get is Coppa matches..

2. i dont tink miccoli should be salas replacement when he'll have a much better time IMHO back at S.America than still in italy....I rather bring cavenaghi or d'ale in exchange for salas or sth else..plus i hear we have preety good relations with River Plate so....

3. Agreed about D'alessandro...but i think he will be used not only in the left wing but also as a free role or playmaking...

++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    Also, i dont agree with your formation because it's waaay too offensive. those are 5 offensive players. that would only leave room for either:
    **1 holding mid and 4 defenders (this will be a tough job for the midfilder like Tacchi or for davids (who can't destribute the ball well)

**2 midfielders and 3 defenders (this would secure the midfield, but the flanks would be highly exposed.)

i doubt this would word for a team like juve.
    im using the second option..

-------------------Davids------------Tachhinardi----------
    -------------Iuliano-----Montero------thuram/ferrara--

the only probs is with Thuram..since he N Camoronesi have such a good partership and understanding...oh well...

but i agree with u on thi formation, its a tad to offensive..but im sure something can be solved here....

i just dont like the current formation, does have any spark or sth..

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    i think trezeguet should stay. in form, with an injury season, he is simply one of the best.

Salas must leave....i'd only loan or sell zalayeta if we can get a better back up for Trezeguet.

Miccoli should replace Salas, and i guess we should keep di vaio, providing we dont get an offer which matches what we bought him for.

Personally, i'd rather sell Di Vaio, if the cash is good and buy Adriano. So that way, we would have trez/adriano and dp/miccoli. that would be a great set of strikers.

But lets be realistic here, Inter wont sell us Adriano, and i doubt Parma will wont to let him go anyway.

Sculli needs another season at Modena or another lower team.

Maybe trezeguet, di vaio, del piero and miccoli are enough......and we could always bring back a player like Guzman as a surprise packet.

What about cipriani as back up for Trez??

we still own half of him and although he hasnt played due to injury, he is still a good young striker...tall as well.....something we lack when trez isnt available.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Great post Bubba :thumb: Here's what I have to say about our forward line for now, and next season :)

Alessandro Del Piero
    Current Status: Alex just isn't match fit. I'm sure that after a couple of matches he will be back to his old self.

Future: Pinturicchio will be with us next season and for a long time to come.

David Trezeguet
    Current Status: Unfortunately David has had an injury plagued season and therefore his form obviously hasn't been as good as last season's. Hopefully he can get back into his goalscoring groove and help us to win Scudetto number 27.

Future: I really think that if anyone offers us 30mil or more we should accept, especially if we can get Adriano, Cavenaghi or maybe even Morientes to replace him.

Marco Di Vaio
    Current Status: Really and truly Marco has been far from satisfactory this season and he just hasn't been able to reproduce his Parma form. Hopefully he can get his act together with Trez going through a rough time with injuries and what more.

Future: Selling him wont make much sense.

Marcelo Zalayeta
    Current Status: Marcelo hasn't had enough playing time to really make a difference.

Future: If we can get Adriano, Cavenaghi or someone of that sort for a good price then I would loan him out. If not, keep him. He could be useful.

Marcelo Salas
    Current Status: El Matador has had a really hard time since joining Juve, with two horrible injuries. Poor fellow :down:

Future: Let him go back to River in the hope of getting D'Alessandro or Cavenaghi.

Hopes For Next Season

The recall of Miccoli is a must, and if Trez stays then that should be the only move needed. If he leaves however, I would try to replace him with Adriano, Cavenaghi or Morientes.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    people people....we cannot afford to have world class subs for every position,much less a 5th striker when we play only with two or even one.zalayeta is good enough for a 5th striker,imo we've got one of the best 5th strikers in europe cos i don't know any other club which has a 5th striker better than zala.

hence i challenge all of you who are saying we should sell zala to name me a handful of teams with 5th strikers better than zala:)

OP
    bubba

bubba

Apr 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by JuVe!! ] ++
    IS cipriani half owned by juventus ?? certainly this is a good new piece of information if it is true.
    yeah, im just hearing this too..

im not too sure about bringing him to Juve, since he's hardly played this season and should stay another year at Bologna...

OP
    bubba

bubba

Apr 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    Great post Bubba :thumb: Here's what I have to say about our forward line for now, and next season :)

Alessandro Del Piero
    Current Status: Alex just isn't match fit. I'm sure that after a couple of matches he will be back to his old self.

Future: Pinturicchio will be with us next season and for a long time to come.
    ADP: i hope he does come back quick and start playing well...but what i wanted to say is that how come he has lost all his pace from be4 his cruciate ligament injury? when almost all the players that i know had the same injury still have much of their speed?

David Trezeguet
    Current Status: Unfortunately David has had an injury plagued season and therefore his form obviously hasn't been as good as last season's. Hopefully he can get back into his goalscoring groove and help us to win Scudetto number 27.

Future: I really think that if anyone offers us 30mil or more we should accept, especially if we can get Adriano, Cavenaghi or maybe even Morientes to replace him.
    Treze: yes, i will sell him if the right offer comes...but i dont think we will get a 30mil offer for treze but if we get enuff money to buy a worthy replacement(cavenaghi or torres etc)..finally, i dont think if we sell him, we should get Adriano as his replacement....i dont think they're the same kinda players..

Marco Di Vaio
    Current Status: Really and truly Marco has been far from satisfactory this season and he just hasn't been able to reproduce his Parma form. Hopefully he can get his act together with Trez going through a rough time with injuries and what more.

Future: Selling him wont make much sense.
    Di Viao: yes selling him will make no sense...but he must get his confidence from last season back soon...and his form

Marcelo Zalayeta
    Current Status: Marcelo hasn't had enough playing time to really make a difference.

Future: If we can get Adriano, Cavenaghi or someone of that sort for a good price then I would loan him out. If not, keep him. He could be useful.
    Zala: definetely worthy of a 5th striker in juve and probably 1 of the best 5th choice striker in Europe...but the problem is that wheter he's content at being the 5th choice when he could be a 3rd choice or maybe even a starter at another topflight club (i.e Perugia or Brescia etc)....

Marcelo Salas
    Current Status: El Matador has had a really hard time since joining Juve, with two horrible injuries. Poor fellow :down:
    Salas: yes, end his torture, send him back to to S america...he'll still get picked for Chile even if he's back there...but, this would be yet another South American who couldnt make it at Juve 4 some reason...

Hopes For Next Season

The recall of Miccoli is a must, and if Trez stays then that should be the only move needed. If he leaves however, I would try to replace him with Adriano, Cavenaghi or Morientes.
    For the future
    i dont think miccoli is really a must, but definitely a big bonus especially if we get either Cavenaghi or Adriano....and zalayeta loaned out for the next season, cipriani stays at bologna and sculli still at modena.

so if we bring miccoli back and by a replacement for Salas & treze:-

---ADP----Cavenaghi(for salas)---miccoli---di viao---torres/adriano(in for trezeguet)

thats mouthwatering, but imagine the competition...some competition in the team is good, but too much can have a bad effect on the team...

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by JuVe!! ] ++
    I Would Prefer Selling David Trezeguet who is no more trezegol for high some of cash and buy a good playmaker then bring sculli back from loan or buy another striker ( Adriano is a great striker and he is young and i'm dreaming of having another ronaldo here + we have good relation with parma so we can grab him easly).

Del Piero + Miccoli + Di Vaio + Adriano = :strong::thumb: Champions
    not agree....we can't sell trezegol....we really need him actually

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    How many teams do actually have 5 strikers and if we are gonna go into that and technically this season Zala has been the 4th prefered striker as Salas found himself being the 5th one

Inter have Crespo, Vieri, Kallon, Batistuta, Recoba, Ventola , if u pick any of those and say he is the 5th striker , are u sure Zala is better than that player

Real have Raul, Ronaldo, morientes, Guti and Portillio and he is not as good as any of these in my book

We don't actually need 5 strikers at all , what we need is a system which will enable the midfielders to score as well as the returns from them apart from Nedved is pathetic most especially Camo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)