strikers (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
My question is ...what is happening to divaio?, he must regain his form quickly!. He´s starting to worry me.
Starting? You're a bit late, aren't you?

OP
bubba

bubba

Apr 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #43
    how come every1's banging on Salas eventhough he's had some pretty bad injuries when divaio is having a terrible season and you guys keep sayign that he will find his form bla bla bla.....

Jules

Apr 14, 2003
    Everytime I see Di Viao play, I invariably ask for my (okay, our!) 26 million dollars back. Please. Pretty please.

The thing about Juve is that we do need to get more goals from other than our strikers. Top teams will usually get goals from anywhere on the pitch. With us, it is surprising when someone who doesn't normally score, scores.

Yes, we need a more attack minded midfield player. But at the same time, we need someone who actually fits into Juve's system, which is geared more towards team play and cooperation. Roma, for example, has far more potential scorers; but they play like that. Like a bunch of individuals trying to score. How's that working out for them? :devil:

Honestly, the best candidate I can see is Fiore. (Okay, everyone knows I think he is hot). But besides that I get to look at him more, he scores and makes plays. He is adaptable, fits into a scheme, and wouldn't upset the delicate balance that is Juventus. Apparently we are linked. He says he's flattered by Juve's interest.

AleDP

Apr 19, 2003
    Mention the name DiNatale to a kid outside of Italy and you'll get a blank face staring back at you. Mention Del Piero and you'll be sure to get a reaction.

I can't see anyone comparing Di natale to del Piero........we have to see that in smaller teams...the better players stand out a lot more also.

Kewell will be offloaded this season and its looking like a MAN U or Arsenal switch at the moment. he'd be a great asset to Juve..plays on the left..and he scores GOALS!!! AS for juve's game plan....we arent overly attacking like a REAL or even a MILAN so we cant expect our midfielders to score as regularly as their midfields

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    recently i have noticed that our midfield isn't exactly ambitious enough.in the barca game practically no one made long shots but chose to pass their way into goal instead.in the team we have dp,neddy and camo who are more than capable of scoring from way out,and davids and tacch aren't bad either.i don't see why we don't try our luck enough but have to be so cautious all the time.

Jul 12, 2002
    Of couse, the more risk that there is, the more likely Juve and all italian teams are to revert to the classic defensive style.

OP
    bubba

bubba

Apr 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #49
    not really...vs Barca they again wasnt very ambitious with long range shots..only Nedved was dangerous...i dont understand this because tacchi and davids can really whack them from range...

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by bubba ] ++
    not really...vs Barca they again wasnt very ambitious with long range shots..only Nedved was dangerous...i dont understand this because tacchi and davids can really whack them from range...
    I'll agree that Tacch has a very powerful shot, but he has no accuracy, Davids has either accuracy or power. It's like a trade-off with him, you either get a nice accurate shot with no power, or a real screamer into the stands. Rarely does he find a balance.

Jules

Apr 14, 2003
    Exactly. That's why Juve needs another agressive midfield player, rather than a striker. Another striker will only help if Lippi reverts to a 3 striker system, which doesn't look bloody likely in this century. Unless, it's a young striker who accepts his place as a sub. But we usually loan those out.

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
    Hi Jules !! :D

Nice to see you back.

I COMPLETELY agree that we need more offence from midfield first. I disagree that it's Fiore we should go for though, but that's besides the point really.

Having said that midfield is the first priority- I still think we need to re-shuffle in attack to have more credible options. Salas is as good as gone and Miccoli is coming back- so that's one good change. Then there's Di Vaio and "The Camp Nou Saint" :ccol: :D and neither of them are doing what we'd like them to do on any kind of consistent basis to be honest. Zalayeta getting it done last night only compounded Barca's misery as it was so unlikely and Birindelli whipping in the MASTERFUL cross for the kill made it a real H.C Andersen fairy tale :eek: .

Whether an arrangement can be found with regards to Di Vaio is of course made difficult by the insane :greedy: we payed for him, and with the benefit of hindsight it's difficult to accept that we paid more for Di Vaio than Milan gave us for Pippo...right (?)... all things considered ;) and even if I said 'bon voyage' and almost added 'good riddance' with a great smile and saw the decision confirmed as a good one through Trez' amazing last season- he really would have been a gun to have. Too late for second guessing though.

We have BIG money coming in from NIKE :( , we have big revenues coming in from CL; we have an outrageous number of bargaining tools on the loan out... we should be able to get up their with the best squad wise next year. We really should.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Glen ] ++
    Hi Jules !! :D

Nice to see you back.

I COMPLETELY agree that we need more offence from midfield first. I disagree that it's Fiore we should go for though, but that's besides the point really.

Having said that midfield is the first priority- I still think we need to re-shuffle in attack to have more credible options. Salas is as good as gone and Miccoli is coming back- so that's one good change. Then there's Di Vaio and "The Camp Nou Saint" :ccol: :D and neither of them are doing what we'd like them to do on any kind of consistent basis to be honest. Zalayeta getting it done last night only compounded Barca's misery as it was so unlikely and Birindelli whipping in the MASTERFUL cross for the kill made it a real H.C Andersen fairy tale :eek: .

Whether an arrangement can be found with regards to Di Vaio is of course made difficult by the insane :greedy: we payed for him, and with the benefit of hindsight it's difficult to accept that we paid more for Di Vaio than Milan gave us for Pippo...right (?)... all things considered ;) and even if I said 'bon voyage' and almost added 'good riddance' with a great smile and saw the decision confirmed as a good one through Trez' amazing last season- he really would have been a gun to have. Too late for second guessing though.

We have BIG money coming in from NIKE :( , we have big revenues coming in from CL; we have an outrageous number of bargaining tools on the loan out... we should be able to get up their with the best squad wise next year. We really should.
    I like your thinking, but I wonder, why not bring in some mifield talent? Hugo Viana, Andres D'alessandro, Andy Van der Meyde, or Deco would all be a big help to the club. Surely we could land two of them, buy our central backs and a new striker (perhaps Zlatan or Morientes). That would be a good squad upgrade to me...

Jules

Apr 14, 2003
    Glen? Glen? No. Not ringing a bell. :D Seen any good movies, lately, dear? You are always a sight for sore eyes!

I won't split hairs with you on Fiore. I feel happy about it, but not strongly that I will consider no other options. I still think he is a great one, however.

Agreed with the Nike (read, :devil: money), and the revenue from CL. There is no reason Juve cannot build the best team out there. Of course, added to all of this is the way Italian teams have handled the CL itself. It should generate more interest from top talent in the league, and that can't hurt.

Unfortunately, I really can see letting Trez go before Di Vaio, and unfortunately, for money reasons. A Trez sale will pay off; a Di Vaio sale won't. The best option I have heard is a suggested loan to Lazio for Stam (or perhaps a midfielder ? :)). He can be used for leverage in any trade.

But in the more likely event that Trez stays, then he and Del Piero will take precedence, Miccoli will be used as a fairly frequent sub over Di Vaio.

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
    I like your thinking, but I wonder, why not bring in some mifield talent? Hugo Viana, Andres D'alessandro, Andy Van der Meyde, or Deco would all be a big help to the club. Surely we could land two of them, buy our central backs and a new striker (perhaps Zlatan or Morientes). That would be a good squad upgrade to me...
    Ian: Maybe I wasn't being clear but I don't think any good campaign for next season has been conducted unless we get that midfield talent. Whether he's young or 'not old' :) is less important to me. Both D'Alessandro and Deco are choices I'd like over Liza' Fiore suggestion, but that's a subjective one. Van der Meyde I don't think we'd utilize well (being a true winger which Lipi has never really used) and Hugo Viana still has too much to prove for him to be a real option I think.. afterall- when you can't get in the first 11 consistently at the fake bianconeri.. why would you make any difference at the real ones :D? I'd take Maresca over him every day anyway.

As for the strikers I think you're trying to pull a rabbit out of the hat as usual :p . Zlatan is not for us, and Morientes carries the disease as we know... not SARS or anything contagious and dangerous like that... but the football disease called 'Missing my Paella'. I'd even shy away from the monstrous Baraja or incredible Vicente on those grounds alone? Why tempt fate I ask? :D

Liza: I love you too :kiss: :flirt: .

...but football first ;).
    The rumoured one year loan of Di Vaio to Lazio in the Stam operation... is to me good/bad depending on the totality of the deal. We will have to pay a €7 million installment to Parma in August (?) regardless, and seing how we can never get the full amount on him back even if someone wanted to give a decent bid- this might be an opportunity to cut costs in a sensible manner. For me Stam is however a cut and paste option and not ideal for age reasons alone. Obviously- he would make us clearly better, but... I've nbeen raving on about Mexés for too long :).

At Lazio there's only Stankovic and Corradi (as Trez natural sub) I'd really like for us to get. If we could take Stankovic :drool: or Corradi for a reasonable price while including Di Vaio in the operation... :cool: with me... but there are endless striker options to complete that department if we have DP, Trez and Miccoli confirmed as far as I'm concerned. The first Real Madrid game only underlines the need for more than Maresca to come back as we're likely to set out against the superstar galore team with Pessotto and Tudor in the middle as far as I can see it.... I'd prefer a choice with Maresca, Stankovic and Blasi to be honest...., and I don't see why we can't have 5 good central mids with two of them being relatively unproven, young Italians. Truly grand sides have options :).

Socilaizing on again...pheew :).
    Did that book come out yet ? I never got the copy I believe I was promised ;) . Anyway- I hope it worked out fine for you in any case?

Movies: Too busy lately but did catch a few great/ good/ interesting ones over the last two months of which some are no doubt very old in America as they're getting on a bit here even:

"Hero" (spectacularly beatifull :eek: amazing!!!), "The Hours" (great acting), "Far from Heaven" (OK- I'm a Julianne Moore fan :) - but that was an interesting narrative, wellplayed, and brilliant use of colour in apparently picturesque Vermont [?]), and finally the "loathsome" 'Ken Park' which only zeal seemed to be fighting conventions; grossly overstepping at every turn which deflated the good sociological points and critique it had I thought, but still interesting as an experiment. That film instructed by Jodie Foster... hmmm.. 'The Dangerous life of Altar Boys' was very funny too, albeit a light weight. Innovative though with it's use of cartoons to 'act' as the boys subconscious desires and as an escape.

Then to finnish off the list- the nationalist that's not really in me.. :) would like to mention 'Fear X' with John Turturro by Danish instructor Nicolas Winding Refn. He tries to be Lynch, and doesn't quite cut it, but it's a valiant attempt :).

Now- your turn :). Just remember that I can't get around to US independent films like 'Ken Park' or 'TDLOAB' regularly :( .

Again- nice to have ya back :cool:

Ciao.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    "The bad luck of the goleador does not have aim"

After one season for the forgetfulness, the franc-Argentinean David Trezeguet would have his days counted in the Juventus

The forward, whose he happens is appraised in 50 million euros, is injured in clavicula

ROME -- the season of the franc-Argentinean David Trezeguet had begun under bad auguries and is finishing worse: outside the Juventus by injury and possibly outside the club by financial questions. After almost six months of inactivity, from July by the end of December of 2002, because of an inflammation of the sinew of the knee, Trezeguet thought to conclude with good notices the championship, that would help it in addition to solve the contentious length of the renovation of its contract. Nevertheless, in the classic one with the Torino of the 5 of April clavícula was injured. The mishap has left it outside the most important matches of Juventus of the championship and the UEFA Champions League, doing still more complicated its permanence in Juventus.

Sport Corriere dello of Tuesday gives almost by discounted the cession of Trezeguet and until it mentions a substitute: Patrick Kluivert, Dutch attacker of Barcelona, 26 years, one more than Trezeguet. Kluivert would be arranged to hope until the 15 of May 3.8 million dollars that Barcelona would have promised to him, in opposite case, could be freed with the payment of its new club of a clause that the newspaper describes as "irrisoria": 1,8 million dollars.

Juventus in addition would be interested, according to the same newspaper, by the Brazilian midfield player of the Catalan club, Thiago Motta, of 20 years, that could be sold, explains, forced by the debts that are accumulated to the Barsa. In Motta, considered a player of great future, in addition to Juventus would be interested the Milan and the Inter, although also English clubs, affirm. The club property of Fiat would be arranged to leave single Trezeguet if it lowers of considerable way his economic aspirations.

A true wall has risen between the soccer society and Trezeguet and its equipment that advises it, mainly its father, that has not been able to surpass since the negotiations began from end of the last match. It was the best moment of Trezeguet, goleador of the championship and fundamental figure of last scudetto of Juventus, that now it is persecuting again without practically counting on his contribution.

Trezeguet is one of the players of Juventus that has the lowest pay, 1.5 million annual dollars, and aspires to receive every year just like its companion of attack, Alessandro DElPiero, 5.5 million dollars. A too great jump for the taste of Juventus that, like all the Italian clubs, is trying to lower the principescos pays of its players.

Trezeguet has contract until the 2005 and the Juve, to the maximum, would be arranged to transfer the pay to him of the Marcelo Chilean Rooms, once sell it. The "Killing one" happens 3.8 million dollars, number that Trezeguet and family consider inadequate.

If it does not reach an agreement, Trezeguet would be interested in continuing its race in England with the Manchester United or the Arsenal, always according to Sport Corriere dello. Sport Tutto, the sport newspaper of Turin, also affirms that almost surely Trezeguet will be sold by the end of the championship.

According to the newspaper, in Juventus they are annoying with the player because one refused to play Tuesday with Barcelona in the party of return of the quarterfinals of the UEFA Champions League. The leaders and the medical equipment of Juventus consider that there would be been able to do it, to which the player refused.

uventus thinks that it did it from fear of a relapse that would have been detrimental in the renovation of its contract, that apparently constitutes its main preoccupation. It happens of Trezeguet has been appraised in 50 million dollars. - AP

------------------------------------------ç

From espndeportes.com (spanish)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    "He returns in search of the lost space"

The center foerward of Juventus David Trezeguet returned to train normally after the injury to clavícula that he suffered in the classic one with the Torino of the 5 of April; he would return the 4 from May in Rome, against the Lazio.

ROME -- the center forward of Juventus David Trezeguet returned to train normally after the injury to clavícula that it suffered in the classic one with the Torino of the 5 of April.

Trainer Marcello Lippi hopes to be able to summon it for the game of the next Sunday with the Brescia, that will play in its stage of Turin, although is for the bank of the reserves. Esteem that will be safer its return to the field in the following game of the Italian championship, that is in addition more difficult, the 4 of May in Rome, against the Lazio.

Its recovery comes well and carried out the first normal training, making all the program of work of the team, Tuesday, day in which Juventus happened to the semifinal of the UEFA Champions League when winning in Spain to Barcelona 2-1.

Juventus considers a player fundamental in its campaign to obtain scudetto and the UEFA Champions League, titles of which are in favor in the heat of fights. The club of Turin is in the first place with 64 points, to six of the second, the Inter, to five dates of the term of the match.

One stays, nevertheless, the complex negotiation for the renovation of the contract, on which the juventinos leaders want to discuss it single at the end of the championship, he affirmed Wednesday Sport Tutto, the sport newspaper of Turin. Trezeguet gains 1.5 million annual dollars and requested 5.5 million, just like the Italian star wins, Alessandro DElPiero.

Therefore, the next games will be fundamental like weapon of negotiation for the artilleryman of Juventus and the French selection.

The main preoccupation of Juventus exactly constitutes the advantage, that provokes numerous doubts to him. The only one surely until now is DelPiero, while all the other attackers are in an uncertain situation, or, safe, but in negative sense, as the case of the Marcelo Chilean Rooms, that, a day yes and other no, is indicated that he will left juve.

Also it has disappointed Frame diVaio, of that the critic commented that he returned to disappoint in the game with the Barsa.

Yet and which he made the goal that gave to the Juventus the victory him before Barcelona, considers itself that the Uruguayan attacker Marcelo Zalayeta will not return the next season.

In the sight of Juventus they are the Argentinean Fernando Cavenaghi (River Plate), Bernardine Corradi (Lazio), the Brazilian Diego (santos) and the Chilean David Pizarro (Udinese).

According to Sport Tutto, Santos requested 8.5 million dollars by Diego, including the percentage of their father, who is in addition his representative, who has 40% of his happens. The imminent obtaining of their communitarian passport, approaches Diego to Italy still more, where the doors to the extracommunitarian players have been closed him. - AP

------------------------------
    from espndeportes.com (spanish)

Jules

Apr 14, 2003
    Glen, far too much to say as ever! Where did the time go? :heart:

First, business. Does anyone remember a time when I was insisting that Juve get D'Alessandro? Does anyone remember that I was practically begging for D'Alessandro to come to Juve? Remember? And I was a lone voice crying out in the wilderness back then. And how I was the one on this forum who first started the short form of D'Alex? And everyone else wanted Riquelme instead? Except for me? Remember?

Okay, so, with that in mind, I have not given up on this single-minded quest of mine back then. He is still my first choice in the market beyond question. He is a fantastic talent, and I would be thrilled to death to have him at Juve.

Second; Corradi? It's funny how I never really considered him, as I consider him a hot and cold player. However, his youth, coupled with the fact that Miccoli claims to like playing with him, makes him a reasonable target I suppose. A natural sub for Trez. Not a bad call. ;) Though I must confess, if we are poaching from Lazio, I would prefer Chiesa. Yes, I haven't quite overcome my obsession with older players. The thing about that is, his experience, his maturity, his willingness at his age to be an important sub, and his talent. We keep looking to youth to shore things up. Why? Don't we own practically all the good striking youth already? I wouldn't buy him outright, but any swap is not a bad deal in the least.

And if for some reason we do want to buy a young striker whom we do not already own, I would prefer Maccarone over Corradi. It's not more complicated than I think the kid has a more overall game. But now I'm all over the place...

So, now I can socialize! Being creative is a very slow process, Glen. Well, it's not. But its material fruits are. Soon enough, I should think, as I am starting to move more. I've already been rejected and everything! :strong:

I was disappointed with last year's crop of movies, both mainstream (no surprise there), and independent as well. I can't think of anything immediately springing to mind, (to tired to think straight right now) though you know I will work on it! :) Most recently I saw Adaptation and loved it for its acting and originality. Also, big Julianne Moore fan. How can you not be? :thumb:

More importantly, though, a local station was airing The Idiots last year in the middle of the night. I taped it, couldn't wait to watch it, was really into it, and then...realized the movie ran longer than my VCR was set for. I am still devastated. :down::eek: And right after you made me a Von Trier's fan. :sigh: You know they'll never run it again.

Missed you, Glen. :kiss:

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    I am serioulsy hoping that between Glen and Jules, one of you is a lady not that there is anything wrong with that

Everyone wants Di vaio outta dodge city, I am certain that when Vialli was first bought from Sampdoria, this forum was not in existence as all we would have been reading is get rid of that bald useless players as his first season he scored just 6 league goals and was even played in midfiled by Trap becos he could not score, his second season was not that much better as he mised most of ti thru injury and came back with just 4 games or so left scoring a hat trick against Lazio

His third season when Lippi took over , he was ready to leave branded an expensive flop but Lippi persuaded him to stay and he had his best ever season , scoring important and many goals, took over leadership from the injured Baggio and we won our first scudetto in a long time and the rest is history

My point is that Di vaio has not been given a fair run of games to be branded good or bad and to just flog him off to get an older player like Stam is not a good deal to me

He can go on to be as influential as Vialli or he could be another Esnaider or Amoruso but he deserves to be playon a regular basis and not be subbed or brought on as a sub for us to actually guage whether he is good or bad

He sucked initailly at Parma , when they just got him from Salernitana but when he was given a fair run of games he came good , whats to say that will not happen at Juventus

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Well said denco. I'd also add that Di Vaio got injured in his best moment this season, as I remember he was being complimented by most critics and given high marks (it was around the Inter game) as he played in the 4-2-3-1 formation in which he fitted perfectly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)