Steven N'Zonzi - DM - Sevilla (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Funny you mention Nanes, please name a better backup for Marchisio that was available at that time?
maybe if we hadn't sold Vidal without a viable and adequate replacement would have been the wise idea, otherwise don't sell him, fuck his request to move (if there ever really was one) but the club seem to think they are some sort of make a wish charity to the players

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
maybe if we hadn't sold Vidal without a viable and adequate replacement would have been the wise idea, otherwise don't sell him, fuck his request to move (if there ever really was one) but the club seem to think they are some sort of make a wish charity to the players
Maybe if we kept Vidal we would have signed Siqueira instead of Alex Sandro, so to me it was a good move. We went for a 3 man midfield again, and it was still top (Sami, Pogba, Marchisio), with good enough backups. We didnt have another playmaker other than Marchisio, hence Nanes. I dont recall a better player that was available back then, for the role we bought him in for

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Maybe if we kept Vidal we would have signed Siqueira instead of Alex Sandro, so to me it was a good move. We went for a 3 man midfield again, and it was still top (Sami, Pogba, Marchisio), with good enough backups. We didnt have another playmaker other than Marchisio, hence Nanes. I dont recall a better player that was available back then, for the role we bought him in for
wtf are you on about? don't even try and justify the sale of Vidal, seriously don't. Vidal's sale had nothing to do with purchasing Alex Sandro. Signing hernanes was dumb at the time and it still looks dumb looking back on it.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
wtf are you on about? don't even try and justify the sale of Vidal, seriously don't. Vidal's sale had nothing to do with purchasing Alex Sandro. Signing hernanes was dumb at the time and it still looks dumb looking back on it.
:tup: :agree: End of mercato panic buy after we had exhausted all our options I suppose. Inter were only too willing and eager to dispose of him. In hindsight, it wasn't the greatest of moves considering we were still playing with 3 in the midfield back then, and had Marchisio, Pogba/Pjanic, and Khedira as starters. The drop in quality when it came to our bench options was immense.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So we go from "closed mercato" after Dybala, Mandzukic, Khedira, to signing 3-4 new player after Vidal left? Where do we take the 26M from for Alex Sandro, after spending 32M on Dybala and 19M on Mandzukic? It clearly had to do with one another.

About Nanes, you still havent gave a better name that was available at that time for a backup playmaker for Marchisio, so im still waiting

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
lol.

You darling vidal wanted out. Marotta thanked him for his contributions to our return to greatness and went easy on him.

He made a fantastic mercato with the money he had + vidal.

I know the idea of holding a person against its wil, like locking a blond dutch female in your basement so she doesnt escape asap, is wish of your heart, but we chose to be a better person.

Vidal without his heart, isnt the same player.

Beki

Jul 9, 2012
Agresti: N'Zonzi told to Seville that he wants to go to Juventus. Lemina has been proposed to Seville and they seem to be interested in the player.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Agresti: N'Zonzi told to Seville that he wants to go to Juventus. Lemina has been proposed to Seville and they seem to be interested in the player.
This would make the move more palatable, as there is no way Lemina is getting any space here

Disclaimer. It took 5 minutes to post this because my stupid autocorrect kept typing Lemons instead of Lemina

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The only thing is that we are giving him a young dude for someone older and expensier.

The good is that we dont need lemina...while it would be good to have a defensive player like Nzonzo in our lines.

Lemina adds nothing for us, because he isnt even that good offensively..or has not shown that...but Nzonzi could potentially offer us something we lack.

if teh deal goes around 20 mils.. it would be much better

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The only thing is that we are giving him a young dude for someone older and expensier.

The good is that we dont need lemina...while it would be good to have a defensive player like Nzonzo in our lines.

Lemina adds nothing for us, because he isnt even that good offensively..or has not shown that...but Nzonzi could potentially offer us something we lack.

if teh deal goes around 20 mils.. it would be much better
:lol:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
He's 28 and had a massive season and is an absolute top quality CDM. Sometimes, one player that completes a team can offer so much more than just his own quality. Like Casimero at real for example.

And you make a point of age against Lemina, who's at best a failed backup.

But i struck a laugh reading the age argument. 28 is the new 32 it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)