Steven Gerrard? (3 Viewers)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Edge ] ++
lol, What a git ?

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has made an amazing U-turn by deciding to stay at the club.

Gerrard had looked to be on his way out of Anfield after telling the club he wanted to leave on Tuesday.

Gerrard rejected Liverpool's offer of a new deal late on Monday night paving the way for a move out of Anfield.

Chelsea had saw a bid for the England international turned down on Tuesday and they looked to be favourites to land his signature.

However, Gerrard after mulling over his future has decided to stay at Liverpool and the news is a massive boost for Rafa Benitez and everyone at the club with The Reds beginning the defence of their European Cup next week.

Reds chief executive Rick Parry revealed the amazing twist on Wednesday morning claiming Gerrard was now set to sign a new deal.
I'm not surprised, it's a common "trick" by players to get a better contract from their club. :)

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by MartinN ] ++

I'm not surprised, it's a common "trick" by players to get a better contract from their club. :)
im sure there was suome aspect of trickery but his agent to try and drive up potential wages...but imho he realised there was no point going to chelski becos he had everything he could possibly image already at his boyhood club...the fact fans were burning his shirt probably hit it home to him.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
yup, like you said, he wanted to leave the club but look like the Hero, instead the fans stuck with the club and reacted in a way that perhaps even he didn't expect.

I think if he only wanted the raise he wouldn't have needed to go that far. then again I could be wrong.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
These two threads needed to be closed,
but if we close this now ,maybe a few days later some dreamer may open a similar thread based on gerrard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)