Steven Gerrard? (2 Viewers)

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gerrard is real Juve target Monday 27 June, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite being linked with Arsenal star Patrick Vieira, reports today suggest that Steven Gerrard of Liverpool is actually Juventus’ real transfer objective.

The Italian champions are looking for a new central midfielder, as the club confirmed yesterday when they expressed their admiration for Vieira.

"I think that Juventus are more willing to make a play for a midfielder rather than (Roma’s Antonio) Cassano, as this is the area we most need to strengthen," said director general Luciano Moggi.

"If Vieira was on the market then we’d already have made a bid. He’s undoubtedly a champion, but Arsenal don’t want to release him."

Reports are now gathering pace in England that the Frenchman could be on the move, but whispers in Turin claim that Juve are actually more interested in Gerrard.

Boss Fabio Capello is believed to have asked his club to make a bid for the Liverpool captain, as the Coach desperately wants a new partner for Emerson in the heart of the team.

The England international is undoubtedly one of Europe’s best which has also seen him linked with a move to Real Madrid and Chelsea in the past.

However, tempting Gerrard to quit his hometown club for Turin, especially after winning the Champions’ League last term, will be some task.

Other possible midfield targets for the Bianconeri include Inter’s Cristiano Zanetti and Santos Mozart of Reggina.

www.channel4.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
"whispers in Turin claim that Juve are actually more interested in Gerrard"

Those wisperers are aware of the fact that Real Madrid and Chelsea failed to sign Gerrard?

Dream-imagine-wisper-talk-act

juventus2

Jul 6, 2004
Gerrard is the best player in Europee, I would be so happy if we get him. But it won't happen, he loves Liverpool too much and his price is probably sky rocketed. We will get Mozart instead and that isn't that bad

juventus2

Jul 6, 2004
Gerrard is for me the best european player. And amongst top 5 in the world. And who is better then him in Liverpool?

What Gerrard did in Istanbul is truly great, even Zidane wouldn't be able to do that

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Player in europe better than gerrard

Emerson
Cannavaro
Zambrotta
Buffon
Zlatan
Nedved (on form)
Adriano
Sheva
Pirlo
Kaka
Nesta
Totti
Cassano
Ronaldinho
Etoo
Xavi
Henry
Lampard

etc..

I know they are not in the same position but I'd rather have any of those players in my team than Gerrard. What he did in Istanbul was overplayed. He scored a header with non existent marking, won a penalty after a ridiculous tackle and just happened to be in place as Milan collapsed, then dominated the rest of the game. The result was a fluke, entirely of Milan's own doing.

juventus2

Jul 6, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Emerson
Cannavaro
Zambrotta
Buffon
Zlatan
Nedved (on form)
Adriano
Sheva
Pirlo
Kaka
Nesta
]Totti
Cassano
Ronaldinho
Etoo
Xavi
Henry
Lampard

etc..

I know they are not in the same position but I'd rather have any of those players in my team than Gerrard. What he did in Istanbul was overplayed. He scored a header with non existent marking, won a penalty after a ridiculous tackle and just happened to be in place as Milan collapsed, then dominated the rest of the game. The result was a fluke, entirely of Milan's own doing.

Those players in bold can't be even compared to Gerrard. And tbe players I didn' put in bold aren't as effective in big games and aren't as great leaders, but some of them have better techincal knowledge then Gerrard this is true.
About Gerrard in Istanbul it may have been luck aswell. But I can assure you that without a player like Gerrard, the score would never ended at 3-3. What he did that night was simply spectacular

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
There's no way Pirlo or Xavi are better than Gerrard, the only midfielder in his class at the moment is Lampard and possibly Emerson.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by juventus2 ] ++

Those players in bold can't be even compared to Gerrard. And tbe players I didn' put in bold aren't as effective in big games and aren't as great leaders, but some of them have better techincal knowledge then Gerrard this is true.
About Gerrard in Istanbul it may have been luck aswell. But I can assure you that without a player like Gerrard, the score would never ended at 3-3. What he did that night was simply spectacular
So you CAN'T compare Xavi and Emerson, but you CAN compare Sheva and Henry? Where's the logic there??

Besides I wasn't directly comparing their attributes, I'd pick any of those plaers over Gerrard, which to my mind means I think they are better. Besides it was you who said "he is the best player in europe" which by nature means you are comparing him to all players, not just his position.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
wait a minute, best player in Europe? - How so? He's not even Liverpool's best player!
He isn't? I mean Jamie Carragher is class but I don't think he's better than Gerrard.

Emerson
Cannavaro
Zambrotta
Buffon
Zlatan
Nedved (on form)
Adriano
Sheva
Pirlo
Kaka
Nesta
Totti
Cassano
Ronaldinho
Etoo
Xavi
Henry
Lampard

etc..

Zlatan? Nedved? Cassano? Kaka better than Gerrard? That's questionable for sure and Gerrard is at least on par with Pirlo, Emerson and Xavi IMO. Lampard and Totti aren't too far away from him either.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Bollocks :D

excuse the expression but I think both those two are world class -in fact you'd struggle to name a better holding midfielder.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
wait a minute, best player in Europe? - How so? He's not even Liverpool's best player!
I agree with him not being the best player in Europe by far, English media always overrate their star players. But I do think he's Liverpools best player. Xabi Alonso and Morientes are great players, but they aren't as versatile as Gerrard.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
If Gerrard had Zidane's age and David's form would he still be considered a world class player?
Is he that good?
Did he ever reached the maximum of performance of those world class players?
Did he prooved his value among world class players?
He is just the hope of England to become the best player,
and he is clearly better than the players he has around him, like Biscan,Hamann etc etc, its not a very dif task,
the only advantage he has versus a player like Neddy, is, his form-youth, that makes him more valuable(for a transfer) but not better player,
Gerrard has still a lot of things to proove before he wins a place near Ronaldinio and the likes.
Best player of the world?
Thats a joke,he is hardly the best English player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)