Steven Gerrard? (6 Viewers)

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++
Steven would be a dream to partner Zlatan.

DO IT MOGGI.
TO partner Zlatan ???

bro, steven is a midfielder not a forward!! (or are u joking :) )

anyway.. it would really be a dream to se him alongside Emerson !

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
England must have the best midfielder partnership in Lampard and Gerrard in Europe, that's without a question.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
I don't know Kosova, England got a good chance at next year's world cup for sure, only Brazil and Argentina have better squads.
But anyway back to Gerrard, his wage demand is something like £95k a week, so its surely out of our reach.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
England have a good squad but it is also vastly overrated by the media as it always is!!

Gerrard the best player in Europe!? hes not even the best CM. I would say that Kaka (as he proved in the champions league final) is much better as is Pirlo, not to mention Zidane, Xavi and Lampard amongst others.

I would say Gerrard is a great player, one of Europes best and would welcome him to Juve (although i dont know how well he would play away from Liverpool).

IMO he is at the same level as Emerson, who is vastly underrated just because he doesnt score many.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
It depends on which Gerrard turns up for us, if its the all action swashbuckling Steve of Liverpool in premiership games and I am happy with that but if its the timid Gerrard of Cl games and England matches, then no thanks

But he certainly a better alternative to Vieria to partner Emerson, I mean what are we thinking, Vieiria is a wonderful player but he is hardly likely to add to our deficiency in the creativity department in partnership with the equally world class but inept creatively Emerson

At least Gerrard can pass the ball forward but I would prefer a Xavi, Pirlo type player to partner Emerson

Jul 28, 2002
id take gerrard over xavi anyday...juve are a physical team, with strenght and stamina high on the wishlists...gerrard as denco said is a swashbuckling all action midfielder...he would imo be the ideal partner for Emo as we would win any midfield battle, thus having more control of the game.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Edge ] ++
England must have the best midfielder partnership in Lampard and Gerrard in Europe, that's without a question.
I do have some questions:

Pirlo+Totti/Gattuso
Vieira/Makelele+Giuly/Zidane
Davids+Van Bommel/Cocu
Nedved+Poborsky/Rosicky
Figo+Deco

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Edge ] ++
I don't know Kosova, England got a good chance at next year's world cup for sure, only Brazil and Argentina have better squads.
But anyway back to Gerrard, his wage demand is something like £95k a week, so its surely out of our reach.
well on paper England have a great squad, no doubt.. but i really cant see them reaching the final.. maybe the semi's !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)