Stephan Lichtsteiner (84 Viewers)

Nejc

May 13, 2006
RWB is also the position where players run the most, I am sure Lichtsteiner and Isla will be rotated a lot. You could see against Parma that Lichtsteiner was exhausted prior to his substitution....wouldn't it be better that Isla subbed him at an hour mark than playing him till death and then substituting him with a crap player like Padoin?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Licht is better for 4-3-3, Isla for 3-5-2.

I can't wait to see Mauricio holding our midfield with Asamoah, Vidal, Pirlo and Marchisio.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
RWB is also the position where players run the most, I am sure Lichtsteiner and Isla will be rotated a lot. You could see against Parma that Lichtsteiner was exhausted prior to his substitution....wouldn't it be better that Isla subbed him at an hour mark than playing him till death and then substituting him with a crap player like Padoin?
This.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Again... Padoin is not crap.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
For Juve standards, he is...
Ever since Juventus existed they had a player like Padoin on the bench but you have hard time to understand that. Actually you have a hard time understand the simplest of things so it's not a surprise that you don't understand this.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We could easily have youngsters, like Pogba and Maronne, of this level instead of him, for depth...
Times have changed, we used to have a transfer manager who could handle the market so that we could train those youngsters in other teams and get the maximum of the Padoin, while they rot on the bench.
But now, Uefa has imposed the clubs to have a number of youngsters on the bench and every time we loan a youngster, we either lose him, or lose millions to get them back...

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
We could easily have youngsters, like Pogba and Maronne, of this level instead of him, for depth...
Times have changed, we used to have a transfer manager who could handle the market so that we could train those youngsters in other teams and get the maximum of the Padoin, while they rot on the bench.
But now, Uefa has imposed the clubs to have a number of youngsters on the bench and every time we loan a youngster, we either lose him, or lose millions to get them back...
Not really
First padoin is somekind of jolly , he can play anywhere in middfield , not with exellent results obviously , but he has played in his career almost everywhere and has experience in those positions , something you can't find in a 20 years old kid .
Second and most important padoin is the backup plan , he plays when there is an injury crises , you can't do that to a young one like pogba and marrone , they need to get constant playing time , not be benched and be used as 3-4 option anywhere . That is simply a stupid decision

As for the rule , i was not in knowledge that you had to have a number of youngsters in the bench , the only rule i know of is the one about the players trained at the club , wich is 5 if i remember correctly who should be in the list of CL , not neccesarily on the bench i think

As for the young ones , well it is not happening only to us , times have changed , nobody trains your young ones for free , so unless you co-own them you can as well keep them to rot in the bench .

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Ever since Juventus existed they had a player like Padoin on the bench but you have hard time to understand that. Actually you have a hard time understand the simplest of things so it's not a surprise that you don't understand this.
Regardless Jack, Padoin was not worth all that money we paid for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 83)