Stephan Lichtsteiner (78 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Do you rate Bacary Sagna more than Licht, Fred?
I do. But thats because i rate Sagna very highly. Taking nothing away from Licht, but i think Sagna is a better defender, he's more versatile too. I don't rate many Arsenal players highly and i do believe that Wenger makes a lot of players look better than they actually are. But Sagna is one of the few Arsenal players that i think is a genuinely quality player.

Mind you Sagna was very good in the Ligue too. He too was voted defender of the year in his final season at Auxerre. For many people who don't follow the Ligue, they were surprised by how well Sagna did for Arsenal, him being relatively unknown at the time. But anyone who follows Ligue knows he was quality long before he came to Arsenal.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I do. But thats because i rate Sagna very highly. Taking nothing away from Licht, but i think Sagna is a better defender, he's more versatile too. I don't rate many Arsenal players highly and i do believe that Wenger makes a lot of players look better than they actually are. But Sagna is one of the few Arsenal players that i think is a genuinely quality player.

Mind you Sagna was very good in the Ligue too. He too was voted defender of the year in his final season at Auxerre. For many people who don't follow the Ligue, they were surprised by how well Sagna did for Arsenal, him being relatively unknown at the time. But anyone who follows Ligue knows he was quality long before he came to Arsenal.
Do/did you rate Clichy too? I've always liked him.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Clichy's first two seasons with us as a starter, he was absolutely amazing, he was one of the best fullbacks in Europe for a while. But lately, in the past few years he's been making way too many mistakes and has too many lapses of concentration to be considered a top fullback. He still has good games here and there, but overall he's very inconsistent and prone to lapses of concentration that cost his team dearly. Overall i'd say he's a decent fullback though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 78)