Stefano Sturaro (3 Viewers)

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Of course I take Stu. Radja is a complete bitch. It'd be like wanting Totti in our side. This isn't a case of "one of those players you'd love in your side"... That's Mandzu or Licht. This is a guy who gets in fights with Juve fans on twitter and allows no opportunity to slip by without bitching about Juve and how Roma deserves to win, how 1 scudetto at Roma is worth 10 at Juve, etc.

He doesn't have anywhere close to the mentality I want at Juve, and while he is a very good player, he's nowhere near the world-beater some are making him out to be, that would make me stomach the appalling distaste I have for him.

Aside from this you said you'd take Radja over 2 Vidal's right now, as though Vidal is some washed up bum, and Radja is some young superstar. Vidal is 29, Radja 28. Vidal had a far better season last year, in every aspect. Radja, has had a good start to this season, I'll give him that, but a couple good months is nowhere near enough to suggest the guy is somehow better than Vidal now.
Agree on the Radja thing. Such a complete shit. I must admit I thougt the same about Higuain last year, but he is just to good to pass up on, even though he displayed the same looser mentallity at Napoli. Radja is a very good player but not in the same league ad Higuain quality wise.
Stu has improved a lot the last couple of games. Almost look like a descent rotation option.

- - - Updated - - -

Lemina might be a better player than Stu but Stu has one quality that trumps himity to press. While Lemina might be as good defensively and more physical Stu can cover more ground and do it quickly. Allegris game plan was to press in this game and do so effectively. Im not sure how our team speed is without him in the mid. Not saying he is a must start or anything close but he is the best mid we have at that.
Stu has one thing over Lemina and thats being Italian. Lemina can do everything that Stu can, just a lot better.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
And I agree entirely. Just not Radja. The guy is toxic.

We need a big ol' spoonful of Arturo, that's what we need. Marotta's biggest mistake by far was selling our Chilean warrior.
So let me get this straight, nainggolan is toxic, but the alcoholic who almost killed himself and his family, is not? Ok!

Nainggolan is an animal. Is he as good as Vidal? No. Is he better than any mid we have outside Marchisio? Easily. If you can't see that, then you're just a hater.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So let me get this straight, nainggolan is toxic, but the alcoholic who almost killed himself and his family, is not? Ok!

Nainggolan is an animal. Is he as good as Vidal? No. Is he better than any mid we have outside Marchisio? Easily. If you can't see that, then you're just a hater.
:lol:

Pjanic > Radja. easily. and im no hater

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Agree on the Radja thing. Such a complete shit. I must admit I thougt the same about Higuain last year, but he is just to good to pass up on, even though he displayed the same looser mentallity at Napoli. Radja is a very good player but not in the same league ad Higuain quality wise.
Stu has improved a lot the last couple of games. Almost look like a descent rotation option.

- - - Updated - - -

Stu has one thing over Lemina and thats being Italian. Lemina can do everything that Stu can, just a lot better.
:tup:

I really don't like seeing Stu as a starter for us, he's far too one-dimensional for that. Lemina doesn't quite have the same tenacity and ground-covering ability as Stu, but he's so much more intelligent and well-rounded as a player, it's strange that Allegri seems to favour Stu more, regardless of him being Italian, unless we're not seeing something that he sees in practice. I have noticed Stu is a decent dribbler of the ball the last few matches, and when he finally chooses the right pass, his accuracy isn't bad... but his decision making is horrible, so he misplaces passes all the time and ruins whatever technical skill he has.

- - - Updated - - -

Pjanic was Roma's best mid last season, by a wide margin. While he's had a rough start to his Juve career, especially consistency-wise, relative to last season, he still has 6 goals-6 assists already. And his team is leading Serie A, 7 points ahead of Radja's team, and considering Radja is constantly saying Roma has easily as good players, if not better than Juve. Well, he doesn't have much excuse.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006

I really don't like seeing Stu as a starter for us, he's far too one-dimensional for that. Lemina doesn't quite have the same tenacity and ground-covering ability as Stu, but he's so much more intelligent and well-rounded as a player, it's strange that Allegri seems to favour Stu more, regardless of him being Italian, unless we're not seeing something that he sees in practice. I have noticed Stu is a decent dribbler of the ball the last few matches, and when he finally chooses the right pass, his accuracy isn't bad... but his decision making is horrible, so he misplaces passes all the time and ruins whatever technical skill he has.

- - - Updated - - -

Pjanic was Roma's best mid last season, by a wide margin. While he's had a rough start to his Juve career, especially consistency-wise, relative to last season, he still has 6 goals-6 assists already. And his team is leading Serie A, 7 points ahead of Radja's team, and considering Radja is constantly saying Roma has easily as good players, if not better than Juve. Well, he doesn't have much excuse.
Stu is probably more tactically disciplined than Lemina. Something thats hard for a spectator to see, and something that most Italian coaches would always choose over raw ability. I think that Lemina would add a lot more if he was given the chance. However I do enjoy the aggression Stu brings. Something we were missing a lot, and something that has been a lot better since the Genoa game.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
The player Nainggolian would fit us better than any other player in the world right now (bar Vidal).

The person Nainggolian not so much.

But those are two different things, most of you are probably actually agreeing, but just talking over each other.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Weird as shit, I must have missed Vidal taking a nose dive off a cliff quality wise and not be Bayerns best midfielder anymore, because as tenacious and world class Nainggolan is at what he does, he is still not in Vidal level and probably will NEVER be. So imagine my friggin suprise when I read posts saying they would take him over two Vidals, in what fucking universe????

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

Weird as shit, I must have missed Vidal taking a nose dive off a cliff quality wise and not be Bayerns best midfielder anymore, because as tenacious and world class Nainggolan is at what he does, he is still not in Vidal level and probably will NEVER be. So imagine my friggin suprise when I read posts saying they would take him over two Vidals, in what fucking universe????
I'll just say this. Dusan. Roma.
:snoop:

May 26, 2016
Radja was one of Roma's worst players down the stretch run last year. He was in appallingly bad form. Perhaps that was due to fatigue from Spalletti overusing him, but he had a terrible latter half to the season.

His best season, and only really year where he managed to maintain consistency over the course of an entire season was 14-15. He was Roma's best player that year. But last season, it wasn't even close. He turned in consistently poor performances for the last 4+ months.

Vidal on the other hand was Bayern's best performer down the stretch last season, and elevated his game like few can, to a level Radja can't even sniff at.

Stu has had quite a few good performances against top teams. He seems to rise to the occasion. He should be hailed. And no, I've never once said he's good enough for anything other than the tail end of our midfield rotation. Stop acting like we are saying he is Juventus starter quality and world class.

Doesn't mean I would ever take that loser Radja. Don't want his pathetic bitch mentality anywhere near this club.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, we shall just have to agree to disagree on Radja. :D

Good post.

I think Sturaro overall is a very average player ability wise and despise his Rugbyesque take on Football. However, what i will give him is that he has got the will to win, and the ability to sacrifice himself for the team. These type of qualities was important to us against Roma.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)