Stefano Sturaro (31 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
A player who was the best midfielder in the clash between juve and the closest team in the league, because of his workrate, sacrifice and aggression, is always juve material.
:agree:

He was arguably the best-performing player on the pitch from either side tonight (alongside Rugani). He certainly outplayed Naingollan, which is no mean achievement. And though I lament his poor finishing, he still positioned himself and made the perfect runs to get those two fantastic chances he had, and forced 2 good saves out of Szczesny, which is more of an attacking contribution than can be said for any of the other far more highly-rated midfielders on the pitch.

Sheer idiocy to suggest he isn't "Juve material" based upon tonight's game. If anything this is great proof that he has it in him to be 4th or 5th option in the mid at a club like Juve, especially if he can gain any degree of consistency with such performances.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Solid performance. I'm never going to like him as a player, but credit where credit is due. He ran, hustled, and harried. Got into dangerous positions, and was a constant thorn in the Roma mid's side.

He could definitely improve his finishing, and stop giving away the ball cheaply at times, but he showed a lot of heart and grinta last night.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Solid performance. I'm never going to like him as a player, but credit where credit is due. He ran, hustled, and harried. Got into dangerous positions, and was a constant thorn in the Roma mid's side.

He could definitely improve his finishing, and stop giving away the ball cheaply at times, but he showed a lot of heart and grinta last night.
I was hoping to see this again:
Szczesny made a great save, but it was only possible because Sturaro chose the wrong side of the net to shoot at.

Sturaro is actually a surprisingly decent dribbler in tight spaces. Showed it multiple times against Roma. Problem is that he can dribble himself out of trouble, and then misplace a simple pass afterwards. It's like he overcomplicates things and gets flustered when it comes down to the final ball, whether it be finishing or passing.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
:agree:

He was arguably the best-performing player on the pitch from either side tonight (alongside Rugani). He certainly outplayed Naingollan, which is no mean achievement. And though I lament his poor finishing, he still positioned himself and made the perfect runs to get those two fantastic chances he had, and forced 2 good saves out of Szczesny, which is more of an attacking contribution than can be said for any of the other far more highly-rated midfielders on the pitch.

Sheer idiocy to suggest he isn't "Juve material" based upon tonight's game. If anything this is great proof that he has it in him to be 4th or 5th option in the mid at a club like Juve, especially if he can gain any degree of consistency with such performances.
'he had a solid game'
'he is no juve material'

I want to punch these bitches. Stu was so goddamn good. Take him away and we arent remotely playing those first 70 minutes as good

I always want juventus to have a player like that in the team.

- - - Updated - - -

Definition of a big game player.

Definitely worth keeping around.
When you are facing an opponent with a good or feisty midfield and a good or better team allround, this guy is who you want

he doesnt shine in smaller games, as he has little to fight and its all about having the ball and doing something with it. But in the big games, he's there, taking names

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
After yesterday's performance against Roma rats I revoke everything bad that I posted about great Stururururu.And yes ,Allegri was absolutely right to put him against them.He accomplished everything which was ordered by Max.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
So he learnt how to hold, pass, kick and headed in one game.

He works if we are playing so good that didn't need one MF when attack or if Higua or Dybala can do some magic by their own... So you could say whatever u want but he's miles miles miles from any top CM in a competition like UCL.

Answer this: if u were a sporting director how much money would u pay for him?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Despite his age I highly doubt that will ever change.

I don't think he'll ever become more of an 'decent back-up player' who's being linked with Fiorentina and such.
Yup. But in allegris current set up he may be a neccesity as he gives as a numerical advantage in midfield. Sorely Needed because we seem to lack bodies with Pjanic and Khedira playing.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So he learnt how to hold, pass, kick and headed in one game.

He works if we are playing so good that didn't need one MF when attack or if Higua or Dybala can do some magic by their own... So you could say whatever u want but he's miles miles miles from any top CM in a competition like UCL.

Answer this: if u were a sporting director how much money would u pay for him?
give the opposition the ball and let them come at Sturaro and he will destroy them
give Sturaro the ball and ask him to produce goals/assists and he will destroy you

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Despite his age I highly doubt that will ever change.

I don't think he'll ever become more of an 'decent back-up player' who's being linked with Fiorentina and such.
It won't. You can't learn the basics once you're grown up professional, you do when you're a kid, a teenager.

He's got heart, gotta give him that. Someone with that spirit who is actually talented is what we should aim for, that was Vidal.

For now, as long as he keeps up this level of performance he should fight for a spot in this midfield.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yup. But in allegris current set up he may be a neccesity as he gives as a numerical advantage in midfield. Sorely Needed because we seem to lack bodies with Pjanic and Khedira playing.
I get the point and it makes sense. Too bad it's only Sturaro, though.

It won't. You can't learn the basics once you're grown up professional, you do when you're a kid, a teenager.

He's got heart, gotta give him that. Someone with that spirit who is actually talented is what we should aim for, that was Vidal.

For now, as long as he keeps up this level of performance he should fight for a spot in this midfield.
Yeah.

I just wish we buy Radja. He'd be by far the best possible option for us imo and he'd make our middle strong again. Him next to Marchisio and Pjanic would be wonderful.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I get the point and it makes sense. Too bad it's only Sturaro, though.

Yeah.

I just wish we buy Radja. He'd be by far the best possible option for us imo and he'd make our middle strong again. Him next to Marchisio and Pjanic would be wonderful.
Mongoloiddan is a cunt. A cunt that hates us. Too bad, he's the next best thing after Vidal.

In fact, I wouldn't think twice of taking him over today's Vidal. He's a nonstop machine and is quite technically good.

Marchisio to distribute, Pjanic to create, Mongoilan to annoy the fuck out of his adversaries with his physical game. Yeah, I'd love that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)