Stefano Sturaro (22 Viewers)

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Players like Sturaro remind me of players like Marchisio and Bonucci when the fans faith was somewhat skeptical. I remember before 4-5 years ago, a lot of people on this forum (me included) wanted to sell Bonucci as he made too many mistakes and we used to complain how Marchisio would go missing in many games. Not saying Sturaro will be like that but he is pretty solid and can be quite handy in front of goal. I wouldn't consider selling him unless we get more than 20m for him.

Then again, he could turn into another De Ceglie, Legrottaglie or Marrone. Time will tell.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
This guy would be much better as RB. He's well built, tough, good defending and can cross or do some simple passes. He's too limited to play in midfield IMO. Afaik he was tried as RB at Genoa but it's something that needs to be checked.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Besides his aggressiveness, he is an average player. He should be easily replaced if he is sold.
Well of course he's an average player, hes our bench option. We are Lucky to have one of those who:

1) Accepts his role in the squad
2) Gives his actual all when called upon
3) Is not a liability and actually does a solid job when we need him to
4) Doesn't have an ego or the unrealistic expectations which come with it.
5) Actually seems to be a big game player

Why would we sell him?

Nejc

May 13, 2006
I am not saying to sell him, but holding on to him is stupid.

Also, he had exactly one good "big" game, vs. Real. He fucked up badly vs. Bayern in Munich, unless you excuse that by his horrific toenail injury.

Selling him for 10 million € is a "meh" move, but for 15 he should go. However I doubt anyone would offer that much anyway.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010

Also, he had exactly one good "big" game, vs. Real. He fucked up badly vs. Bayern in Munich, unless you excuse that by his horrific toenail injury.

Selling him for 10 million € is a "meh" move, but for 15 he should go. However I doubt anyone would offer that much anyway.
In the first game vs Bayern he was pretty good. Sturaro should stay and maybe try him as licht replacement. I wouldn't mind if we stellen pereyra

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
This guy would be much better as RB. He's well built, tough, good defending and can cross or do some simple passes. He's too limited to play in midfield IMO. Afaik he was tried as RB at Genoa but it's something that needs to be checked.
He played as RWB few times

- - - Updated - - -

Well of course he's an average player, hes our bench option. We are Lucky to have one of those who:

Why would we sell him?
Exactly

Selling Sturaro is pointless

- - - Updated - - -

Also, he had exactly one good "big" game, vs. Real. He $#@!ed up badly vs. Bayern in Munich, unless you excuse that by his horrific toenail injury.

He scored vs Bayern in the 1st leg and played great vs City when we were in a crisis at the beginning of the season

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

Why would we sell him?
Same for Zaza :agree:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Never thought about that. And its a brilliant idea. Much better than using padoin.
Using licht and sturaro, with lirola as 3rd choice to get some experience until lichteiner is sold...sounds like a plan.
Someone text this post to allegri plz.

edit:
He is a good crosser too
forgot to add, this would also help us to keep the italian based players and would sove the problem of having sturaro in the midfield since he never plays but he is not as bad to be benched forever. And in any extreme injury crisis on mid..he can go back there and serve and we use Licht like we always had.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
It remains to be seen about Zaza. I have the feeling that he could win the capocannoniere if he was the starter on a good team. If he thinks that too then he might not accept being backup and could look for a move to a team on the level of Fiorentina or Inter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)