Stefano Sturaro (10 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
V, i know you want to present your case as good as you can... but seriously... you are practically alone on this one. And is almost disrespectful and borderline trolling.

You seem to ignore he was until yesterday, a Mr. no one of 22 years old who was thrown against one of the best teams in the world in a CL semi. Thats a recipe for disaster in 80% of the cases, but he manned up and delivered a solid performance considering his curriculum.

You are being wayy to harsh and selective, because his presence was indeed felt and he was brimming with confidence from minute 1..even having one of the first shots.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, what was your previous nickname? I recognize your avatar but not your V name.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
As usual, the reality lies somewhere in the middle.

Sturaro is a player of fairly limited ability. Good energy and discipline, but not someone with the technique to influence a game that way.

He did all that could have been reasonably expected of him last night.

He could be a useful player for Juve to have in the squad for a long time to come, but I don't consider it likely from what I've seen of him that he'll ever be considered a starter, never mind a key player.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

Sturaro is a player of fairly limited ability. Good energy and discipline, but not someone with the technique to influence a game that way.

He could be a useful player for Juve to have in the squad for a long time to come, but I don't consider it likely from what I've seen of him that he'll ever be considered a starter, never mind a key player.
I don't think he's meant for a box to box role. We have to see him as a DM. Of course with Marchisio here he still may not be a starter but he could be "starter quality" at that position.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't think he's meant for a box to box role. We have to see him as a DM. Of course with Marchisio here he still may not be a starter but he could be "starter quality" at that position.
Not convinced he's technically good enough to play in a deep role where there would be the onus on him to get on the ball and start moves.

Think the side of the diamond probably is his best position.

He'd look better if played with a more attacking full-back, so he had to do less going forward and could hold deep and just provide cover when the full-back pushes up.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
As of today, i see him as a destroyer. Nothing out of the ordinary technically... but at least he has the nerve to play in big matches. Still, we need more samples of him to see what he really can do, and still has much to learn.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
His best asset seems to be his energetic runs and agility in covering ground with intensity, does not sound like someone who should be in more static DM role. Especially due to lack of technique and controlling ability as Red said.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I see him as a box to box player like his role against Torino for instance. As a support player, midfield runner at the receiving end of passes from the more 'gifted players', maybe he will score some headers or finish some when left unmarked (most likely at the far post), also doubling up with team mates while defending. I don't see him as a player one would plan around but a necessary complimentary player.

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
was confident Pereyra will start instead of him but he definitely rose to the occasion, gave his heart out there. also he isn't horrible on the ball which is a bonus for any destroyer a la Gattuso. I think Allegri started him with getting a clean sheet in mind and I'm sad he didn't get it cause the boy did his best out there and even saved our asses on James' chance.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Can you start every post you make from this point on with the line

"I'm terribly sorry to be a filthy peasant, but i feel the need to say some more fucking crap"

thanks
Hahaha :D

----------------------

And i'm not sure if V and Del Piero no.10 are serious,they must be trolling !

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

V, i know you want to present your case as good as you can... but seriously... you are practically alone on this one. And is almost disrespectful and borderline trolling.

You seem to ignore he was until yesterday, a Mr. no one of 22 years old who was thrown against one of the best teams in the world in a CL semi. Thats a recipe for disaster in 80% of the cases, but he manned up and delivered a solid performance considering his curriculum.

You are being wayy to harsh and selective, because his presence was indeed felt and he was brimming with confidence from minute 1..even having one of the first shots.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, what was your previous nickname? I recognize your avatar but not your V name.
He's still a no one. Even if he was fantastic yesterday, which he was not, he's still a fringe player who didn't contribute to this season at all practically. I don't mind being alone in this one; I think I know a Brighi/Blasi/Nocerino/Paro/etc. when I see one. We'll see, I don't mind eating my words if he becomes a top player for this club.

That's more in the line of thinking I expected to see after last night's match, but seeing people describe him as "beast performance", "Gattusso/De Rossi combo", "perhaps he should start ahead of Pogba, who knows in what form he'll be" made me sick. After a sub-par performance, I-freaking-MO, people started acting like he's the new big thing when in all reality he's far from it, even if he did play well last night(which he didn't, he just didn't mess anything up).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)