Stefano Sturaro (59 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
How? When you have seasoned players like Vidal, Marchisio, Buffon, Tevez, etc to blend with a couple youth players why the hell is that a bad thing? Stuaro would be playing with one of the top midfields in the world but yet lets keep him at Genoa. :tup:
I see formations with him, berrardi, rugani and zaza all around the forum. How promising is he?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I see formations with him, berrardi, rugani and zaza all around the forum. How promising is he?
Well he isn't close to a Pogba if that is what you are hoping. :D

I think he will be a good squad player for us. He seems to be quite reliable & competent for his age.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I dont know man, I dont share that enthusiasm about the young players. I remember Bonnuci and Ranochia forming one hell of a solid partnership in Bari when they were young and both (especially rannochia) turned out to be meh.
I remember Giovinco, De Ceglie and Marchiso being out future and very highly rated in that order and everyone was hoping they play but then two of them miserably flopped and turned out mediocre and the latter somewhat better. I recall the great Sorensen, the great David Santon of Inter, Poli the new pirlo, Yago, Insigne, Shaarawy, Elia, the great Ouassim Bouy, the next nesta alberto Masi, Muriel aka the new R9, paladino, Ekdal, lanzafame, cigarini, D'agostino, Niang, Belfodil aka the new benzema and immobile. None of the players mentioned here should ever set foot in a top team. Only Marchiso and Bonnucci barely make the cut at Juve but they wouldnt at better teams.

These were all young players that Tuzzers and their equivalents in Inter and Milan's fan bases always posted formations of and always urged management to turn towards youth. I am sure every member here can identify the players he kept posting about buying or starting. Personally I fell for the Giovinco, De Ceglie and marchisio trio. We had one success story with a youngster and that is Pogba while even the expensive youngster Morata is yet to deliver. The one kid that had a breakthrough season has been sold while everyone here is fapping over a younger player that hasnt had a breakthrough season yet (berrardi).

Wake up and smell the coffee, we are not Ajax. We neither have their scouts nor are attractive to young talents as they are nor do we have a history of growing players. The fans of every team think very highly of their youngsters and then cheer for the next wave of youngsters while forgetting about the flopped old ones. Porto has a mix of seasoned and young insanely promising players and I am sure we dont want to be them

I want the @Lion treatment if one of Sturaro, Zaza, Berrardi, Rugani turns out world class or two turn out above average

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Berardi and Rugani has exceptional enough starts in their Serie A careers to indicate they will turn out above average, one historic level of efficiency in the league in such a young age, while Rugani is in his first 6 months showing maturity and competency thats rare for CBs at his age.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Berardi and Rugani has exceptional enough starts in their Serie A careers to indicate they will turn out above average, one historic level of efficiency in the league in such a young age, while Rugani is in his first 6 months showing maturity and competency thats rare for CBs at his age.
:agree:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I dont know man, I dont share that enthusiasm about the young players. I remember Bonnuci and Ranochia forming one hell of a solid partnership in Bari when they were young and both (especially rannochia) turned out to be meh.
I remember Giovinco, De Ceglie and Marchiso being out future and very highly rated in that order and everyone was hoping they play but then two of them miserably flopped and turned out mediocre and the latter somewhat better. I recall the great Sorensen, the great David Santon of Inter, Poli the new pirlo, Yago, Insigne, Shaarawy, Elia, the great Ouassim Bouy, the next nesta alberto Masi, Muriel aka the new R9, paladino, Ekdal, lanzafame, cigarini, D'agostino, Niang, Belfodil aka the new benzema and immobile. None of the players mentioned here should ever set foot in a top team. Only Marchiso and Bonnucci barely make the cut at Juve but they wouldnt at better teams.

These were all young players that Tuzzers and their equivalents in Inter and Milan's fan bases always posted formations of and always urged management to turn towards youth. I am sure every member here can identify the players he kept posting about buying or starting. Personally I fell for the Giovinco, De Ceglie and marchisio trio. We had one success story with a youngster and that is Pogba while even the expensive youngster Morata is yet to deliver. The one kid that had a breakthrough season has been sold while everyone here is fapping over a younger player that hasnt had a breakthrough season yet (berrardi).

Wake up and smell the coffee, we are not Ajax. We neither have their scouts nor are attractive to young talents as they are nor do we have a history of growing players. The fans of every team think very highly of their youngsters and then cheer for the next wave of youngsters while forgetting about the flopped old ones. Porto has a mix of seasoned and young insanely promising players and I am sure we dont want to be them

I want the @Lion treatment if one of Sturaro, Zaza, Berrardi, Rugani turns out world class or two turn out above average

Jul 20, 2012

dont start with marchisio. he would start at all clubs in italy and he sure would start in a hand full of other clubs in the top leagues.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lion, the key to good trolling is subtlety... Not this garbage. Improve your shit, or gtfo.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
dont start with marchisio. he would start at all clubs in italy and he sure would start in a hand full of other clubs in the top leagues.
If he can start some games in Juve then he can obviously start in any Italian team. No one in their right mind would start Guarin or Montolivo over him though I am not sure he can bench strootman, Pjanic or de rossi.

Eitherway, that really wasn't my point.

- - - Updated - - -

Ogbonna was a hotter prospect and he hasnt turned out to be anything but average. Bonnuci and Rannochia led the best defense in Serie A for a full season and look how that turned out. Santon handled Ronaldo when he was 18 and he turned out shit.
Shaarawy, Muriel, Giovinco, looked ten times as talented as Berrardi but turned out to be shit. Iturbe is flopping. Morata is flopping. Lamella had a full great season where he looked like the real deal and has been flopping ever since. Immobile topped the scoring charts of both Serie B and Serie A and is still struggling.

Again, I am not saying that they are all bound to fail. I am saying that the odds are against them the same way they are against any given youngster. A top team cannot depend on their youth products in building their next generation of players especially that those departing are huge names. A big team purchases established but younger replacements and if 1 or 2 of the tens of youths comes good then that is a great bonus.

Investing in youth is usually risk free because you pay little for them and sell them for the same amount if they don't turn out good. and if one turns out great then you got yourself a top player for free. We should keep doing what we are doing but we should never depend on these youngsters. Our plan should be to build a new squad without betting on any of them. If any of them turns out great then it is a great bonus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)