Spit ban for Totti? (24 Viewers)

Kiko

Jun 2, 2003
:eek::down: what a dumbfvck...honnestly I wouldnt think anyone playing at that level (especialy in the Italian team) sinking that low. Should this be as stated, Id be glad if he were sent home for the rest of the tournament.

If Pirlo would get to play it would make me even happier and hopefully DP can refind some better form.

P.S. Ya, who else is wishing we had brought Baggio right about now?

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Totti's crude foul late in the Denmark game, coupled with this disgusting spitting business have made Totti a national disgrace. I was always ashamed that this idiot was Italian anyway. This ban could work to the Azzurri's benefit.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
have made Totti a national disgrace.
all resumes in this sentence :LOL:

well.. very bad move by totti... now trap will have to fiure out what tod o against sweden.
Like someone said... maybe the gattuso-pirlo ocmbo can do something for italy. Maybe it will be for good... well lets hopw.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++

I would rather go out with dignity, then play disgustingly like he does to take us through to the next round.

exactly. what happened to frickin fair play.

this canadian guy said well when he said that totti is a role model to a lot of young footballers. what happens if everyone starts spitting.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
The rumor is that Totti will get banned for 3 TURNS (TURNI) not games..meaning the first round...quarterfinals AND semi-finals..this according to most media outlets.

I want to hear what UEFA has to say BUT the video seems clear...

That said some attitudes here are downright disgusting in cheering because finally "Del Piero" will play. Did you not notice that Del Piero was playing the last game...well then again many didn't. This team is not about Juve players or Milan players or Roma Players its about ITALY so keep your black and white goggles at home or don't post your bullshite here because its getting quite annoying to hear celebrating at a time like this.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
The rumor is that Totti will get banned for 3 TURNS (TURNI) not games..meaning the first round...quarterfinals AND semi-finals..this according to most media outlets.

I want to hear what UEFA has to say BUT the video seems clear...

That said some attitudes here are downright disgusting in cheering because finally "Del Piero" will play. Did you not notice that Del Piero was playing the last game...well then again many didn't. This team is not about Juve players or Milan players or Roma Players its about ITALY so keep your black and white goggles at home or don't post your bullshite here because its getting quite annoying to hear celebrating at a time like this.

can people who hate italy celebrate?

venom

Oct 22, 2003
that is not the issue here. People are claiming to cheer for Italy AND are happy Totti is GONE so that Del Piero will get playing time.
I hope it would help Italy if Totti was to get a lengthy ban. I completely agree as you earlier said this is only about Italy, attitude Totti showed against Denmark simply doesn't fit that bill.

Then again if that last bit "Totti is GONE so Del Piero .." was your main point then you can count me out of that bunch you're referring to.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I'm not happy that Totti wont play, but I'm DISGUSTED !!!!

NO CLASS, NO CLASS , NO CLASS

I'm not sure if we're screwed without him, or if its a blessing in disguise (Pirlo )

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Totti deserves what's coming his way. We'll miss his skill alot, but I'd gladly do without that I'm bigger than the team, spoilt attitude. The good thing is that this opens up space for Cassano to prove his worth.

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004

that is not the issue here. People are claiming to cheer for Italy AND are happy Totti is GONE so that Del Piero will get playing time.
It doesn't go like this...Many of us here thinks that what Totti did was Shameful....He's supposed to be controlling his nerves...not to do such a silly and shameful attitude

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Freddy ] ++

It doesn't go like this...Many of us here thinks that what Totti did was Shameful....He's supposed to be controlling his nerves...not to do such a silly and shameful attitude
you missed the point ...COMPLETELY.

Firstly, there is NOTHING good of this: not for Italians anyway...this low class burino represents us on the World Stage and embarrassed himself and all of Italy. Secondly, already being in a slump this made it worse.
Saying YEAH Del Piero can finally play and be the STAR makes it clear that you can care less whether Italy wins but its all about whether YOUR team players do well.
Ask yourself this: Do you prefer Italy win the Euro and DP does little or DP is the top scorer but Italy losses the Euro?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

Ask yourself this: Do you prefer Italy win the Euro and DP does little or DP is the top scorer but Italy losses the Euro?
That's the whole point. If Italy win Euro 2004 and DP has a good tournament then fantastic, but I'd definitely prefer for us to win and for Ale to suck than for Ale to shine but Italy to lose.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003

Thats quite stupid.

I dont care if the topscorer is KAKA if Italy wins the Euro

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
Poulsen tried to switch shirt with Totti after the game.
What a champion. If Totti did spit in his face, Poulsen just became one of my favourite players. Silky smooth footballing skills come for a dime a dozen, but sportsmanship is a rare quality these days :touched:

As for Poulsen not reacting, I'm gonna side with one of my new champions and say that maybe he didn't react because he didn't wanna look like a little whiner like Totti would if this happened to him. Just get on with the game and let the disciplinary panel decide later. I mean if the referee's assistants didn't see the incident, Totti had no chance of getting sent off, since there's no video referee or anything in football.

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004

you missed the point ...COMPLETELY.

Firstly, there is NOTHING good of this: not for Italians anyway...this low class burino represents us on the World Stage and embarrassed himself and all of Italy. Secondly, already being in a slump this made it worse.
Saying YEAH Del Piero can finally play and be the STAR makes it clear that you can care less whether Italy wins but its all about whether YOUR team players do well.
Without asking myself....I would prefer Italy to win for SURE

FORZA ITALIA

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
He might not actually have spat on the guy, and if he didnt its not a big deal.

And yes you should never spit on someone, but we dont know what that guy might have said to him etc so condemn him just yet.
I don't think anything Poulsen could have said justifies spitting in a man's face. Sledging and trash-talking is a part of football, spitting clearly isn't. I'm pretty sure Poulsen didn't say anything to him (first of all, what language would he say it in?), but even if he said "I'll fvck your mother and kill your family", a 'professional' footballer should be able to control himself, especially when he's representing his country in a tournament where Italy have a lot to prove to the whole world.
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
yeah,but he is a great football player
I don't give a shit.
That sounds more fair. Does that mean if Italy get knocked out in the first round, Totti will be banned for the first 2 stages of the World Cup too?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)