[SPA] La Liga 2015/2016 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Well that joke went over your head. Next time I will aim more carefully :p

Actually, it's interesting to me what people mean when they say "talent". I always used to think it means something inborn. But in the English speaking world a lot of people seem to mean just "ability". When recruiting companies talk about talent they mean skilled workers. Skill which they gained through training.
:lol: É realmente difícil perceber quando não estás brincando.

Well, we could define talented as someone who's just way above the average, extraordinary. Conte was an ordinary average midfielder, Sturaro is in the same league.

The problem with an undefined word like that, like Haengeboffer said, is that you could say Platini was talented and so is Pereyra, for example. But then there's a gap of quality the size of the universe between them.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Okay I'm kinda hesitant to post this because it makes me seem like I've got an anti-Ronaldo agenda, which I really don't, but this stat is pretty incredible :D:

"46.6% of Ronaldo's goals this season have been scored against Espanyol or Malmö"

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Ronaldo is a good player to have on the team when your team is able to dominate the opposition but when his team have their backs up against the wall he is a spectator in matches unless he's getting service.

He sure does know how to put the ball in the back of the net and there haven't been many better goalscorers than him.

Messi is just a freak who can do everything in attack. He has taken Barcelona to a level that nobody saw coming

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Ronaldo is a good player to have on the team when your team is able to dominate the opposition but when his team have their backs up against the wall he is a spectator in matches unless he's getting service.

He sure does know how to put the ball in the back of the net and there haven't been many better goalscorers than him.

Messi is just a freak who can do everything in attack. He has taken Barcelona to a level that nobody saw coming
:lol:

Sounds like you're describing Boriello or some second rate player :lol:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
How can you not love his attitude, he was an anarchist in a way and not one to make empty promises. There's a difference between being a troublemaker like Balotelli and be $#@! at his job and Romário, being literally the best. You don't find personalities like him in Football anymore. It's quite boring actually. :D

And yes, any Brazilian who is old enough to have seen both will place Romário way above Ronaldo, in fact just second to Pelé. And so do I. Romário could have been bigger than Maradona (Skill wise he might be just that) had he stayed in Europe. He could have dominated the continent for the rest of the decade, won maybe another WC, a $#@!load of awards but he left and popularity can go a long way.
Yeah, he was like Terrell Owens in the sense that he backed his arrogance up with his performance, but I'm not a big fan of players who aren't team players. And it wasn't just lack of professionalism, Romario also had a mean streak in him.

Surely Garrincha is ranked 2nd after Pele? Maybe Romario is placed 3rd. I just can't see Garrincha not being in the top-two.

I don't think so, really. Anyone can become an athlete with the proper training meaning anyone can have the work rate. Talent on the other hand, you either have it or not, it's not something you just learn.
I think in any field, not just in sports, the very best have a combination of both great talent and great worth ethic. Cassano is an example of someone who had great talent (ADP/Totti/Baggio level) but no work ethic.

Okay I'm kinda hesitant to post this because it makes me seem like I've got an anti-Ronaldo agenda, which I really don't, but this stat is pretty incredible :D:

"46.6% of Ronaldo's goals this season have been scored against Espanyol or Malmö"
Holy shit, it's worse than I thought. :D

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Yeah, he was like Terrell Owens in the sense that he backed his arrogance up with his performance, but I'm not a big fan of players who aren't team players. And it wasn't just lack of professionalism, Romario also had a mean streak in him.

Surely Garrincha is ranked 2nd after Pele? Maybe Romario is placed 3rd. I just can't see Garrincha not being in the top-two.

I think in any field, not just in sports, the very best have a combination of both great talent and great worth ethic. Cassano is an example of someone who had great talent (ADP/Totti/Baggio level) but no work ethic.
I don't really care whether someone is a team player or not as long as they bring positive results to my team. In the end that's all that matters. A striker by definition has to be, even if a little, selfish. His job is to score goals after all. But I think his colossal ego in Football didn't stop him from being a good hearted man outside of it helping a lot of people in the long run. He still does as a politician.

Hmm it depends who you ask. There are older people who thought Garrincha was better than Pelé. So maybe could be on the top spot. We will never really know.

Hmm not always. Tyson was a bad boy, going to jail and whatnot and was loved like no one else. To this day even though Holifield beat him twice people still don't give him full recognition, they give it to Tyson instead. The world of sports, or anything to that matter, would be extremely boring if all we had were 'yes men' and conventional people. I love Buffon and his work ethics but we need that contrast, you know.

Sorry but i disagree there. Comparing Cassano to Baggio would be like comparing Benzema to Platini or Crespo to Messi. Simply not on the same level, nowhere close to it.

- - - Updated - - -

I was gonna mention Osman but he can't take a Messi joke anymore. Too bad.

Either way, lovely picture. :agree:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Purely in terms of natural talent, the difference between Baggio and Cassano is roughly the same as the difference between Baggio and Del Piero/Totti. Young Cassano showed incredible talent. The problem was he always remained a teenager.

rndmlgnd

Oct 29, 2015

Pretty accurate post tbh.

Saw plenty of games where Ronaldo was just standing at the half way line waiting for the counter. He does defend sometimes, but it's not most cases.

Messi really is a freak. I wonder if it's the growth hormone they gave him :D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Not just any club, that's Guangzhou Evergrande, who were already fucking minted.

What a laugh. He has been a turd at Atlético.

- - - Updated - - -

Robinho, Paulinho and Jackson in the same team, should re-brand themselves Guangzhou Everyflop.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Not just any club, that's Guangzhou Evergrande, who were already fucking minted.

What a laugh. He has been a turd at Atlético.

- - - Updated - - -

Robinho, Paulinho and Jackson in the same team, should re-brand themselves Guangzhou Everyflop.
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)