[SPA] La Liga 2015/2016 (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We dont have a general footie thread so gonna post it here:

The World’s Best Playmaker 2015

Four times Ballon d’Or winner Lionel Messi has finally broken through to claim his first award as the IFFHS World Playmaker of the Year.

Voters in more than 50 countries from all continents were so impressed with the performances in 2015 by the 28-years-old Argentinian that he finished with a runaway victory of 77 points.

In 2014, Toni Kroos won the title by two points from Messi but when voting was completed this year, Messi had gained a massive 168 points with Barcelona team colleague Andres Iniesta second on 91 points and Andrea Pirlo third on 54, followed by young Belgian players Eden Hazard (FC Chelsea) and Kevin DeBruyne (VFL Wolfsburg/Manchester City).

The victory continued the domination by FC Barcelona of the Playmaker category. Xavi had taken the title from 2008 to 2011 followed by Iniesta 2012 and 2013 until Kroos broke the run with Real Madrid in 2014.

It was a great season for the Barcelona duo of Messi and Iniesta with the club claiming the Spanish Liga, Copa del Ray and the European Champions League.

The performances by Italian Pirlo earned him third place as. his efforts were consistent and always at the top level with Juventus and his new club in New York.

Yaya Toure, which finished sixth, once again showed why he has been the best African player for many years.

RANKING 2015
1 – Lionel MESSI (Argentina / FC Barcelona) 168 points
2 – Andres INIESTA (Spain / FC Barcelona) 91 points
3 – Andrea PIRLO (Italy / Juventus FC / New York City FC) 54 points
4 – Eden HAZARD (Belgium / Chelsea FC) 22 points
Kevin DEBRUYNE (Belgium / VFL Wolfsburg/Manchester City FC) 22 points
6 – Yaya TOURE (Cote Ivoire / Manchester City FC) 13 points
7 – Toni KROOS (Germany / Real Madrid CF) 11 points
Luka MODRIC (Croatia / Real Madrid CF) 11 points
9 – James PODRIGUEZ (Colombia / Real Madrid CF) 10 points
Javier PASTORE (Argentina Paris SG) 10 points

-----------

Usually heavy focus on goalscorers to notice the playmaking, the unusual bit being past years best goalscorers and one of most consistent playsmakers is same genial player. Pirlo at 4th suprises me tho I guess we/I took him for granted a bit. I wonder how long til we will have that consistent of a playmaker again in our team in high level. Dybala? Decent chance but unlikely in comparison to AMs who litterally orchestrate majority of what their teams does. Its just natural to assist less when you have less of focal role. For example even if he assist a fair bit for City, I would guess De Bruyne's numbers wouldnt be as straight forward alot now that he has some players to share the burden with unlike in Wolfburgs. One player missing from above list is someone they dont consider "top" enough, but he could be just outside top 10 and or even on it if was me, Dimitri Payet. Dude assisted 20+ for Marseille and still going strong for West Ham.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently Madrid sacked Benitez and Zidane is the one who will replace him. Perez will hold a PC today.

What a sad club :lol:
Its NOT sad Benitez is sacked, its sad that he was hired. Its even more sad that he was hired AND UNDERMINED FROM THE GET GO. Perez is a joke, he gives the players way too much power and pampers them. Isco, James, even Kroos acted on occasional totally petulant children on the sidelines. And Ramos even has fucking meeting with Perez to get his current coach fired, and Perez indulges it, CR who is usually professional even if a me-me-em primadonna (he hardly works for the team...), acted childish and affronted just because his coach tells him how shoot fk differenly The complete athmosphere in the club is a joke, FFS James shows up to training being chased by cops for speeding, and he doesnt stop, just goes to training with the attitude "hey its nothing, club will take care of it.". Benitez in turn has no clue tactically (complete disingritated the basic set-up they had, Modric and Kroos expected to win balls, no passing patterns and genuine trained gameplan) and biggiest sin of all, even if they are spoilt brats who should just obey orders, Benitez has NO REPOIR with his players, he treats them like nuisances and is bit cold (hence why pretty much all non spanish Napoli players hated him). Is quite the contrast compared to Perez who apparently fired Ancelotti in part because he pampered the players too much, was their friend too much, lol now he got the reverse...and guess what thats even worse.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Their knowledgeable fans know the club is a joke under Perez now. But they paper over a lot of farcical decisions by having so much quality.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It's not news that Real Madrid is a complete joke.
There is levels to being a joke for their standard, they magnify everything in highly dramatized BS way and Perez is a charlatan, mostly successful high level one, but generally they dont let the fucks up get overboard and ruin them really badly (as he did last time he went wtf overboard with galacticos, the fame/headlines became more important the practical football team). But this takes the cake, its been crazy how unfit Benitez has been to coach THIS squad, its Moratti type of decision making to have hired him, and let things get this far. Be short sighted and fire a top coach like Ancelotti for 1 winless season, dumb, but ok, how about you get a top top coach that can handle these overpampered quality stars you spoilt? No I will get a very mediocre coach who has zero man management skills, because I need to prove I make the calls and hey, this guy was a Madridrista starting out. As I said, even his stupidity has levels usually, there's impatient strive for instant gratification, but this hiring of Benitez had nothing to do with that. Just plain dumb. Which makes the voices who want Perez out alot louder now. He simply has to go, the farce has become too obvious, undone and failed to build on the la decima success in very short time period.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Barcelona wouldnt have won half of their trophee's in the 21th century, if Madrid was managed properly from 2001 on.

Alot can be said about barcelona, but since 2005, they know damn well how to spend their money

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Barcelona wouldnt have won half of their trophee's in the 21th century, if Madrid was managed properly from 2001 on.

Alot can be said about barcelona, but since 2005, they know damn well how to spend their money
Do they?

The core of their team has still been largely based on youth products. No shortage of examples of stupid signings or significantly overpaying for players when they've had to go out and buy players. And even when they have made a great signing like Suarez, they were only correcting a mistake they made when they got rid of Eto'o.

Real Madrid is, to a large extent, just classic Real Madrid stuff. It's the same Makelele/Cambiasso lesson that they keep refusing to learn. Put a good defensive midfielder in that team next to Modric and you'll have a team that can function pretty well (even if it's just as a collection of individuals). But they won't sacrifice one star fancy player to make that happen so they deserve to suffer.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
This is a fairly good article about Zizou as coach: http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...oned-himself-lead-real-madrid#:iU8gR15L9LTCQQ

Btw, IMO horrible mistake for him to take the job now, there is baptism by fire, and there is the living incarnation of Dante's inferno for coaches that is Perez run Real Madrid. Zero respect for continuity and logic.

And to make matters worse, he'll try and get Pogba :(. And Hazard, but I'm okay with that. That dude needs to leave Chelsea.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Do they?

The core of their team has still been largely based on youth products. No shortage of examples of stupid signings or significantly overpaying for players when they've had to go out and buy players. And even when they have made a great signing like Suarez, they were only correcting a mistake they made when they got rid of Eto'o.

Real Madrid is, to a large extent, just classic Real Madrid stuff. It's the same Makelele/Cambiasso lesson that they keep refusing to learn. Put a good defensive midfielder in that team next to Modric and you'll have a team that can function pretty well (even if it's just as a collection of individuals). But they won't sacrifice one star fancy player to make that happen so they deserve to suffer.
Well, they pour alot of money into their human traffic of children. Getting talents very early, to develop them into exactly the type of player they want.

To fill in the blanks, they pour even more cash into a select few signings untill they got the right one.

Alba, Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Rakitic. Examples where they spend for more supporting players, that suited the teamstyle. Neymar was a star signing, but Suarez served a direct purpose they needed.

Madrid ? They just buy AM's and forwards, and whatever is fancy

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Hazard is earmarked for Real indeed. Pogba is bit more Barca smitten then Real circus tho. Plus Real have abundance of quality midfielders.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Do they?

:tup: oh yes

This is a fairly good article about Zizou as coach: http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...oned-himself-lead-real-madrid#:iU8gR15L9LTCQQ

Btw, IMO horrible mistake for him to take the job now, there is baptism by fire, and there is the living incarnation of Dante's inferno for coaches that is Perez run Real Madrid. Zero respect for continuity and logic.
Zidane will crash and burn. Pretty much like inzaghi zseedorf but 2 or 3 levels worst because of the pressure and stage.

And to make matters worse, he'll try and get Pogba :(. And Hazard, but I'm okay with that. That dude needs to leave Chelsea.
Pogba should be more intelligent and look beyond the green dollars and the shiny bernabeu. that club is a mess.

icemaη;5169211 said:
We won't sell in the winter. By summer Zizou will be gone anyways :D
:tup:

If Zidane takes the place, i pity him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)