[SPA] La Liga 2014/2015 (153 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Those are some piss poor challenges. If even one of them slid he probably wouldn't have made it across half, let alone megged a whole team.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Haters gonna hate. If that was someone else, they would've flopped at the first sign of contact.

It's disgusting how blind some are to the greatness of Messi simply because they let their totally irrational hate and jealousy get to their head.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Those are some piss poor challenges. If even one of them slid he probably wouldn't have made it across half, let alone megged a whole team.
This is a piss poor post.

He runs rings with the ball against any defence at any level. Plenty of players who try similar kind of dribbling and just gets shut down after few attempts. Messi is historically efficient dribbler.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
i think the issue with the not trying is that if they even touch messi it would be foul
That's even more of BS considering he is one of the few players in the game who rides tackles as long as he can keep his balance and is standing up.

The exact opposite of most players, especially the better ones, who stop dead in their tracks and complain to ref, or theatrically dive after most minor of shirt tugs.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
This is a piss poor post.

He runs rings with the ball against any defence at any level. Plenty of players who try similar kind of dribbling and just gets shut down after few attempts. Messi is historically efficient dribbler.
I didn't say anything bad about Messi so relax. You have to be an idiot to deny his dribbling ability. But am I allowed to comment on how soft the defenders looked, just as a general observation?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You can, but I disagree in terms of how it aids him. Yes LA liga defenders are more stand offish, but seen them shut down his teammates who attempts similar stuff, but Messi is too instinctively insane close quarters dribbler for most to handle. Seen him be aggressively pressured enough times to know the reason they aren't slide tackling is because he is so quick and calculating that it's too risky. You can't keep pursuing someone when you are on your ass after failed slide tackle. So it's better be on your feet and try to anticipate what's his next move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 153)