[SPA] La Liga 2014/2015 (173 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Sincerly doubt he'd be able to score that amount. Still fair to say he would be by far the best player in any case, but the metality of the teams is very different in Italy, as most of these low ranked teams defend in numbers with very little ambition to create something noteworthy in the final 3rd.
When they play against Barca, Spanish teams defend in numbers too. Though to be honest, I would agree that Spanish players are probably not coached as much to defend as Italians would be at a young age, so scoring in the Serie A might still be more difficult than the Liga. One thing I would disagree with is 30+ goals, I think Messi and probably even Ronaldo would reach that number in Serie A, other lesser players have reached it a number of times. I don't think however they'd reach 40+ which both have done a number of times in La Liga.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
25-30 is fair. Since 1970 no one has gotten to 30 goals in serie a bar Luca Toni. 31
You know something? No one scores 30+ in Spain either that often since 70s generally, except rare legends like Ronaldo the brazilian in 90s, Hugo Sanchez, one random players like Baltazar in 80s etc. Generally more offensive and more open league, so you can account for at best 6-7 more goals then Serie A at best for top scorers, but generally its similar levels, and hence why those who score over 30 are generally just absolute legends in that same time frame. Here's a list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footba...s_in_a_La_Liga_season_.28at_least_30_goals.29

As you can see, just 30 in itself is like 25-26ish for Serie A, not unusual, but above that, its quite unusual in past decades, besides Toni Polster and Baltazar, its pretty much all time legends scoring these figures. And Cristiano and Messi absolute SHATTER the record books with 40+ or 50 even with Messi, so needless to say, they would fucking own the heck outta Serie A too, at worst handful of goals less, but they would still remain the insane historical goalscorers they are. Since they also own the heck outta CL big time, no way Serie A will be something that will limit them to modest numbers. More closed down spaces and hence less opportunities to go on goalscoring sprees, but they will go apeshit nontheless.

I will say that main difference isnt at all Italian teams being that tougher, quality wise its diminished quite a bit despite the more tactical defensive organisation, still flaws and vurnerable due to difference in levels when facing absolute quality, but the main difference is mentality when you are leading games. Italian teams in general have this mentality where its "rude" to keep scoring after certain number on average and just play out the rest of the game and bore us, while Spanish teams dont give a fvck and will keep going for it. Hence this accounts for more goals due to difference of attitude. But dont mistake it entirely for defensive prowess, yes attacking players are more likely to suffer when facing constant attention from more tactically organised teams, but as said quality allways shines through, and the players we are talking about are historical level of goalscorers.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I looked at that before as well. Look im not saying they couldn't get to 35 but I don't think it would be more than that. Mainly based on how we play in Italy. Of course though, we will never know.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
Italian teams in general have this mentality where its "rude" to keep scoring after certain number on average and just play out the rest of the game and bore us, while Spanish teams dont give a fvck and will keep going for it. Hence this accounts for more goals due to difference of attitude.
This is what makes me angry sometimes, especially when Roma was 2 players down and Juve showed respect ... fuck respect, destroy them while you can. Bayern certainly didnt give a fuck about respect when they trashed Roma.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Gotta love Suarez

A match ago he gifted Messi the goal as both were standing alone after Suarez beat the GK. Now against Villareal Nerman thought that Suarez was gonna hand him the ball but he didn't. Silly Nerman :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 173)