[SPA] La Liga 2014/2015 (66 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
The goals Del Piero has scored in toughest Serie A 90's Messi can only dream of.

If we are talking in terms of entertainment/entertaining the spectaculars then Messi is not even half entertaining to watch but that's matter of taste. Messi's 90% goals are replica, he's so good in his moves and is fast but they are almost the same type of goals.

I don't need to show you Ale goals I'm sure you've seen many yourself.
I've no problem with that, that comes to personal preference. My main qualm is with people trying to argue against Messi's quality and how good he is as a player, not whether they find him entertaining or not.

Ok so even if you think 90% of his goals are replica, thats only because he's so efficient. The kind of goals he scores though, if our favorite players scored them, we'd all be harping about it all day long.

- - - Updated - - -

Whos talking about leagues abilities potential consistency or performing. We are talking about subjective stuff like liking a player or not. Why is it so hard for some og you to get that not all like messi and his style?
When you say I'd rather take Zlatan over Messi, I understand that as you think Zlatan is better than Messi. Hence why I responded by telling you its good you don't make decisions for Juve. If you're telling me you prefer watching Zlatan thats a whole different story.

Lets settle this once and for all.

They tell you next summer you have the chance to either sign Messi or sign Zlatan. Who would you take?

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I've no problem with that, that comes to personal preference. My main qualm is with people trying to argue against Messi's quality and how good he is as a player, not whether they find him entertaining or not.

Ok so even if you think 90% of his goals are replica, thats only because he's so efficient. The kind of goals he scores though, if our favorite players scored them, we'd all be harping about it all day long.

messi is a fantastic player, definitely top 10 of all time, but it says a lot when you are the best player around and people from your own country dont like you much

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Zlatan. I'm not saying he is better or more consistent though.

I would take messi if it were a choice between him and pedro only.

I'm not arguing about results here, my preferense is that Juve would be without players like messi. I don't like a robotic mashine like players, they don't excite me. Dear god help me if I would have to look at that shallow mug every week.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

I haven't seen anyone question his quality, that would be pretty stupid.

He's great, surrounded by great players in a league that lacks football tactics and no defensive mentality. (Atletico only tactical team).

But like Hoori said if I think of him in a highlight mind-sight then I can't come up with anything spectacular that he has done other than his incredible replica goals and I admit he's so good at it that he keeps scoring the same goals.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
@<a href="http://forum.juventuz.org/member.php?u=1860" target="_blank">Fred</a>

I would take Denis Berkamp any day at any price or any cost before a messi to my team. Maybe that will be more understandable to you seeing how they differ in style of play and how much I value efficienty over style.

This is what I find fucking awesome in football. Messi haven't scored a single goal like that, or any other of Berkamp's better goals, he's just not capable, creative enough to even dream of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Just for reference, there were many players that were more elegant and creative then messi can ever dream of.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I would take Denis Berkamp any day at any price or any cost before a messi to my team. Maybe that will be more understandable to you seeing how they differ in style of play and how much I value efficienty over style.
You mean you value style over efficiency, right?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I haven't seen anyone question his quality, that would be pretty stupid.

He's great, surrounded by great players in a league that lacks football tactics and no defensive mentality. (Atletico only tactical team).

But like Hoori said if I think of him in a highlight mind-sight then I can't come up with anything spectacular that he has done other than his incredible replica goals and I admit he's so good at it that he keeps scoring the same goals.
Champions League.

As for what Hoori said, thats because she didn't watch the videos Osman posted, and she admitted herself that she's never interested in watching his games or videos. I think when you take that into consideration, you know why she can't remember anything spectacular from Messi.

Zlatan. I'm not saying he is better or more consistent though.

I would take messi if it were a choice between him and pedro only.

I'm not arguing about results here, my preferense is that Juve would be without players like messi. I don't like a robotic mashine like players, they don't excite me. Dear god help me if I would have to look at that shallow mug every week.
So you prefer not to have one of the two best players in the world right now, and prefer someone inferior to him in ability, because the inferior player is more entertaining to you. You understand why I say Juve fans are lucky you don't make their decisions right?

Yeah :D My english... but you know that, thanks :p

- - - Updated - - -

Ei no, I just meant that I value efficienty very low compared to style :) Is it not right to say it like that in english?
Thats a very odd statement coming from a Juve fan :p

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Please elaborate.

This is probably some other bullshit intangible concept football fans come up with to support their arguments. Reminds me of the concept of a teams DNA. But I'd love to hear what this "soul" thing is that you say Messi lacks, because one thing is for sure, he's a lot better than most who wore the #10 number.

- - - Updated - - -

How about the Champions League? Do you believe its a worthwhile competition? Or do performances in the cl not suffice since he doesn't play against the likes of Sassuolo and Genoa there??

Oh and @Osman plus fuckin rep man
I watched Maradona play, Baggio, Rivaldo, etc... and i loved them because they had a kind of passion you don't find in Messi. They were rebel in a way. He always seemed to me like an autistic robot when it comes to emotions, has no empathy. I don't care if he's scoring 10 goals a game while making it look as easy as ever. I simply don't like what he represents as a Footballer. Also i have a preference over other players style when it comes to number 10's.

Nothing to do with his achievements so i don't see why you and some other members are acting so "wow it can't be, you have to like him". And no it's a not bullshit concept, it's my own opinion and i have a right to have it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and just to add something else, i don't know if you know but the Argentine people in general aren't the biggest Messi fans out there.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
So you prefer not to have one of the two best players in the world right now, and prefer someone inferior to him in ability, because the inferior player is more entertaining to you. You understand why I say Juve fans are lucky you don't make their decisions right?

Thats a very odd statement coming from a Juve fan :p
I'm just a fan and in no position to make judgments so there is no point in doing anything that would suggest otherwise, I'm just stating my opinion based only on things I like. And since I would definitely prefer watching Berkamp play then messi I see no reason to say otherwise (what is the point in watching football and not liking it? Why watch it then?).

I have never liked barca possession football and to me it was always boring. Watching them pass around in their own half for 70 minutes a game is really something that doesn't make me love football. So is messi gamestyle. And since I want to like watching Juve I will always prefer players like Berkamp, Del Piero, Henri, Zidane, Ronaldihnio, Rivaldo, Costa and etc to someone without any flair but robotic mechanism like messi.

I don't prefer just flair and fancy to efficiency, I just don't like and would not want to watch messi every week. I would give anything for davids efficiency and his style and charisma to someone like messi.

Nazi Germany was efficient, but it's not the place I would like to live. What's so hard to understand?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Definitely, anyway you look at it and say that class, soul, character or anything is just a subjective argument those guys had that something special way and beyond messi and what that midget can ever dream of if robots even do dream that is.

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
Messi is all about effectiveness, he has improved in this sense through out the years, being more substance than style. At first, he had some style. Now he's a machine that will score most of the time in similar fashion, and without breaking much sweat. I can get how some can call him boring. It's not about the consistency of what he delivers, but the way he plays, his style. I do recognize that he also has a very good pass, maybe one of the few things in his game that can be exciting. When he first started out and later with Guardiola's first team, he was more entertaining. After that, he gradually and progressively got more machine like than anything else.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Messi is all about effectiveness, he has improved in this sense through out the years, being more substance than style. At first, he had some style. Now he's a machine that will score most of the time in similar fashion, and without breaking much sweat. I can get how some can call him boring. It's not about the consistency of what he delivers, but the way he plays, his style. I do recognize that he also has a very good pass, maybe one of the few things in his game that can be exciting. When he first started out and later with Guardiola's first team, he was more entertaining. After that, he gradually and progressively got more machine than anything else.
I always found Guadiola's tiki taka quite boring honestly.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Definitely, anyway you look at it and say that class, soul, character or anything is just a subjective argument those guys had that something special way and beyond messi and what that midget can ever dream of if robots even do dream that is.
Mauro had more character, manliness, awesomeness, soul and fire in one nut than all of messi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)