[SPA] La Liga 2014/2015 (27 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I have never claimed that I would only pick players who are the best.

You have been here long enough to see that I don't make half a books worth replies to arguments like what would be the best striker for next season, or should we play this or that formation or about how the team would benefit if we would cut our fifth striker wage by 5000 a month so we could invest in something 5 years from now? I bet no, because I don't care about that aspect, let the managers and directors figure these things out.

I have enough other things in life to think about other then what would be best guy for position x or y.

I support my team and want players here that are awesome and can play, Neymar and Ibra can do both while messi, to me can only play. Other is fantasy and not my business.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
I'm just saying that to judge Messi i need to see him elsewhere like Ronaldo.
Champions league games ...... dude i clearly wrote no la Liga no Barcellona. Elsewhere to see how he'd fit in any other team. In Barca everyone play for Messi. I'd like to see him in a normal team where you're a star but not the focus of the universe.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I think both are universally admired and both are extremely boring. Doesn't negate their excellence obviously but they are not spectacular. Think of any other footballing legend and you will be able to remember a few moments of sheer brilliance which have been and will be remained with you forever. All I will ever remember of Messi and Ronaldo is running through people and scoring against Getafe. Ironically, I may also recall them for their big failures when, well, it kind of, actually, mattered.

In the meantime, Osman can post 120 more minutes of his goals nobody would be interested in watching.
exactly. They're just so generic.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I think both are universally admired and both are extremely boring. Doesn't negate their excellence obviously but they are not spectacular. Think of any other footballing legend and you will be able to remember a few moments of sheer brilliance which have been and will be remained with you forever. All I will ever remember of Messi and Ronaldo is running through people and scoring against Getafe. Ironically, I may also recall them for their big failures when, well, it kind of, actually, mattered.

In the meantime, Osman can post 120 more minutes of his goals nobody would be interested in watching.
So true :lol:

Alex, Zizou, or Figo were far more exciting players to watch. Poetry in motion.

- - - Updated - - -

Zlatan is too old I get it, but I just like his style nowdays :D

Well and Neymar, he would be a joy to watch.

As for C.Ronaldo, he at least did it on a cold night in stoke, unlike midget.
:agree:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Calm down :D I'm not really watching football anymore, dislike for him? I can't care less. It was really my honest opinion and it's okay if it sounds biased to you :p I have watched Messi and Ronaldo more than any other great footballer of the past and I was a much more serious football fan during their era but I will not be able to remember them for anything specifically stunning, important and spectacular, lets say like Zidane's goal against Leverkusen. Something which will remain with you forever.
Maybe because they do spectacular things every week :p

No but seriously, you don't think their consistency over the past 6-7 years is spectacular?

and don't make me drag Del Piero into this, you always force me to do that :D

- - - Updated - - -

Because he has all the personality of a screwdriver?
Personality, charm, soul :sergio:

Trust football fans to come up with the most vague intangible concepts to support their arguments. I bet you, I ask two of you what a player having soul means, and I'll get two different answers.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Del Piero made an assist with a bicycle kick, a fuckin assist with a bicycle kick against great Milan side in a Scudetto deciding away match.
That's called improvisation, and he, along with other ingenious greats mentioned above, has pulled that kinda shit dozens of times.
Messi would just stop that ball and start buzzing around like a retard.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Del Piero made an assist with a bicycle kick, a fuckin assist with a bicycle kick against great Milan side in a Scudetto deciding away match.
That's called improvisation, and he, along with other ingenious greats mentioned above, has pulled that kinda shit dozens of times.

You're not serious with this comparison right, tell me you're not serious.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Messi and Ronaldo lack improvisation. That's all I'm saying. That's why they're boring.
The kind of passes and assists Messi makes, those defense cutting passes, Del Piero couldn't do them in the Australian league.

I at least applaud you for trying to make a football argument though, instead of throwing me some other vague concept like soul, dna, charm and what not.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Personality, charm, soul :sergio:

Trust football fans to come up with the most vague intangible concepts to support their arguments. I bet you, I ask two of you what a player having soul means, and I'll get two different answers.
Did you not understand Elvin's question? Of course you'll get two different answers because we are talking about something subjective. "Why is he not popular?" is not the same as "Why is he not one of the best of all time/best in the world?". He is one of the best players ever. He's also a boring, robotic, miserable and spiteful player, as far as I can tell.

He'll never be as popular as Maradona no matter what he does on the pitch, simply because of that.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I prefer Henry over Messi any day of the weak. That was a genius. Messi is just a machine. Don't like him, don't have to like or respect him.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you not understand Elvin's question? Of course you'll get two different answers because we are talking about something subjective. "Why is he not popular?" is not the same as "Why is he not one of the best of all time/best in the world?". He is one of the best players ever. He's also a boring, robotic, miserable and spiteful player, as far as I can tell.

He'll never be as popular as Maradona no matter what he does on the pitch, simply because of that.
yeah exactly.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I prefer Henry over Messi any day of the weak. That was a genius. Messi is just a machine. Don't like him, don't have to like or respect him.
Henry is my favorite player of all time everybody knows that. I'd rather kiss you than shoot you down for that comment, but my conscience forces me to tell you that Henry isn't even in the same league as Messi, even he thinks so :D

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Henry is my favorite player of all time everybody knows that. I'd rather kiss you than shoot you down for that comment, but my conscience forces me to tell you that Henry isn't even in the same league as Messi, even he thinks so :D
Are you really more entertained by Messi than you were with Henry or Ronaldinho at their prime? I don't believe that.

Again you didn't understand my point. Yes Messi is better than them all, but they are more precious.

Maybe I'm not able to express myself properly.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

nor as good

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
The kind of passes and assists Messi makes, those defense cutting passes, Del Piero couldn't do them in the Australian league.

I at least applaud you for trying to make a football argument though, instead of throwing me some other vague concept like soul, dna, charm and what not.
The goals Del Piero has scored in toughest Serie A 90's Messi can only dream of.

If we are talking in terms of entertainment/entertaining the spectaculars then Messi is not even half entertaining to watch but that's matter of taste. Messi's 90% goals are replica, he's so good in his moves and is fast but they are almost the same type of goals.

I don't need to show you Ale goals I'm sure you've seen many yourself.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Are you really more entertained by Messi than you were with Henry or Ronaldinho at their prime? I don't believe that.

Again you didn't understand my point. Yes Messi is better than them all, but they are more precious.

Maybe I'm not able to express myself properly.
Ok, that's all I want to hear(or read).

When it comes to personal preference, I used to be more entertained by Ronaldinho, and Henry was my favorite player, so of course I prefer watching him over any other player.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Del Piero made an assist with a bicycle kick, a $#@!in assist with a bicycle kick against great Milan side in a Scudetto deciding away match.
That's called improvisation, and he, along with other ingenious greats mentioned above, has pulled that kinda $#@! dozens of times.

:lol2::lol2: I just imagined that

- - - Updated - - -

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Whos talking about leagues abilities potential consistency or performing. We are talking about subjective stuff like liking a player or not. Why is it so hard for some og you to get that not all like messi and his style?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)