[SPA] La Liga 2014/2015 (116 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
CK, you're on some other shit my brotha. Calling Messi boring. I just see that as a diss since there's nothing else you can really talk shit on him about.

- - - Updated - - -

Idk what boring constitues for you because I certainly don't think he is. Maybe he makes everything he does look easy but I dint see that as boring.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He'd still be boring. I'm extremely picky when it comes to number 10s and he lacks one of the most important things for the legends who wore that special number, soul.

Him, Mata, Oscar... Meh, uninteresting.
Please elaborate.

This is probably some other bullshit intangible concept football fans come up with to support their arguments. Reminds me of the concept of a teams DNA. But I'd love to hear what this "soul" thing is that you say Messi lacks, because one thing is for sure, he's a lot better than most who wore the #10 number.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd value him if he were to play in a different environment than Ligaand Barcellona.

Let's see what happen with new BPL tv deal.
He'd be perfect in Chelsea as cam behind Diego Costa
How about the Champions League? Do you believe its a worthwhile competition? Or do performances in the cl not suffice since he doesn't play against the likes of Sassuolo and Genoa there??

Oh and @Osman plus fuckin rep man

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
You gotta admit, there has to be some reason he is not as universally admired as Zidane or Ronaldinho for example.
Who says he isnt??

I'd say he's definitely more admired than Ronaldinho for example, even in his prime you rarely heard pundits, journalists and analysts claim Ronaldinho was the best player to ever play the game, like you do about Messi nowadays.

The only demographics of people denying Messis brilliance are Real Madrid fans, Brazilians, and people hanging on past glories of Italien cantenaccio.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
You gotta admit, there has to be some reason he is not as universally admired as Zidane or Ronaldinho for example.
The reason is Ronaldo and their rivalry. Zidane, and especially Ronaldinho, didn't have any rivals. Rivaldo and Figo were no match to Zidane, while after 1998 old Ronaldo was not the same player. In Ronaldinho's best 2-3 years nobody was even close, so people could freely admire the world's only great.
Imagine if Messi didn't have Cristiano or vice versa. The same guy would have been winning the FIFA best player award for... like 6-7 straight years. These two are having an insane number of consistently great seasons. But their rivalry also makes the football world bipolar in regards to admiring/criticizing Messi and Ronaldo. Thus neither of them is universally admired.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I wouldn't want him here. If we are talking magical if scenarios then give me Ronaldo, Neymar or Ibra rather then that midget.
i don't even know how to respond to something like this. most ridiculous statement i've read on this forum. by far.

- - - Updated - - -

The reason is Ronaldo and their rivalry. Zidane, and especially Ronaldinho, didn't have any rivals. Rivaldo and Figo were no match to Zidane, while after 1998 old Ronaldo was not the same player. In Ronaldinho's best 2-3 years nobody was even close, so people could freely admire the world's only great.
Imagine if Messi didn't have Cristiano or vice versa. The same guy would have been winning the FIFA best player award for... like 6-7 straight years. These two are having an insane number of consistently great seasons. But their rivalry also makes the football world bipolar in regards to admiring/criticizing Messi and Ronaldo. Thus neither of them is universally admired.
that's a pretty good point.

also it's easier to keep track of much more players nowadays with internet and better coverage so people's attention is more spread out. so while everyone recognizes how great those two are, they also like variety so they look into multiple teams, leagues, and players. especially in a forum about sports. they're still hugely admired and in the US almost everyone will know who Messi and Ronaldo are but Ibrahimovic, etc are unkown for the most part.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
What not to get? i don't like him. And what is hard to understand if I would prefer Ronaldo, currently worlds best player, to the midget?

Ok, you like him, great for you :tup:

And in the US is very bad example of great players who are known. If you guys aren't blasted with ads 24/7 you wouldn't know about the player even if it were jesus muhammad himself.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
You rate ibra and neymar over messi. it just shows me you either have no idea what sport you're watching or let irrational hate blind you. and when i say irrational, i mean the most irrational i can possibly think of. it's not like messi raped your sister and now you have to live under the same roof as him.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
You rate ibra and neymar over messi. it just shows me you either have no idea what sport you're watching or let irrational hate blind you. and when i say irrational, i mean the most irrational i can possibly think of. it's not like messi raped your sister and now you have to live under the same roof as him.
Yes, I have no idea. And I just said to you I don't like messi. Few posts above I said he is insane good and the best player for some years with Ronaldo, but whatever.

Do I have to like him because he's good?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yes, I have no idea. And I just said to you I don't like messi. Few posts above I said he is insane good and the best player for some years with Ronaldo, but whatever.

Do I have to like him because he's good?
Oh, my bad. You're just being childish. Nevermind.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Oh, my bad. You're just being childish. Nevermind.
Childish? What's childish about acknowledging he is one of the two best players in years and not liking him? Can you not understand that to some people he might not be as exiting as he is to you?

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I think both are universally admired and both are extremely boring. Doesn't negate their excellence obviously but they are not spectacular. Think of any other footballing legend and you will be able to remember a few moments of sheer brilliance which have been and will be remained with you forever. All I will ever remember of Messi and Ronaldo is running through people and scoring against Getafe. Ironically, I may also recall them for their big failures when, well, it kind of, actually, mattered.

In the meantime, Osman can post 120 more minutes of his goals nobody would be interested in watching.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I think both are universally admired and both are extremely boring. Doesn't negate their excellence obviously but they are not spectacular. Think of any other footballing legend and you will be able to remember a few moments of sheer brilliance which have been and will be remained with you forever. All I will ever remember of Messi and Ronaldo is running through people and scoring against Getafe. Ironically, I may also recall them for their big failures when, well, it kind of, actually, mattered.

In the meantime, Osman can post 120 more minutes of his goals nobody would be interested in watching.
You're usually a reasonable person, can't you be reasonable here and say that you are biased because of your dislike for him?

Look both Ronaldo and Messi's consistency for the past 6-7 years is just insane, they are both one of the best players that have ever played the game because of that insane level of consistency, you can harp on about the Getafe's and Levante's of this world all day long, but then you're also ignoring the fact that both players are displaying the same sort of dominance and consistency in the fucking champions league, club footbal's premier competition. For two players to display this sort of consistency is just extraordinary, you could almost say its unprecedented. The only thing you can really hold against both players is that they haven't displayed that sort of dominance on the international stage, that really is the only valid criticism one can level at them.

As for Raz saying that he'd take Neymar and Zlatan over Messi, well you know even those two players would think you're out of your mind for that comment, Tuz should be thankful you don't make decisions on behalf of Juventus, because you'd obviously make them based on who you like or dislike. I can completely understand C. Ronaldo, even though I don't agree, but its understandable, but any other current player is just laughable.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Zlatan is too old I get it, but I just like his style nowdays :D

Well and Neymar, he would be a joy to watch.

As for C.Ronaldo, he at least did it on a cold night in stoke, unlike midget.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Zlatan is too old I get it, but I just like his style nowdays :D

Well and Neymar, he would be a joy to watch.

As for C.Ronaldo, he at least did it on a cold night in stoke, unlike midget.
I love Zlatan, big fan of his, but thats a silly statement to make.

Neymar is a very talented and entertaining player, but he doesn;t play the sort of passes and make the sort of close control dribbles as Messi does, hard to see how he's more entertaining. Also a silly statement to say you'd prefer him over Messi.

Lets just agree that Juventus fans should be thankful you don' make decisions for their team :D

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
You're usually a reasonable person, can't you be reasonable here and say that you are biased because of your dislike for him?

Look both Ronaldo and Messi's consistency for the past 6-7 years is just insane, they are both one of the best players that have ever played the game because of that insane level of consistency, you can harp on about the Getafe's and Levante's of this world all day long, but then you're also ignoring the fact that both players are displaying the same sort of dominance and consistency in the fucking champions league, club footbal's premier competition. For two players to display this sort of consistency is just extraordinary, you could almost say its unprecedented. The only thing you can really hold against both players is that they haven't displayed that sort of dominance on the international stage, that really is the only valid criticism one can level at them.

As for Raz saying that he'd take Neymar and Zlatan over Messi, well you know even those two players would think you're out of your mind for that comment, Tuz should be thankful you don't make decisions on behalf of Juventus, because you'd obviously make them based on who you like or dislike. I can completely understand C. Ronaldo, even though I don't agree, but its understandable, but any other current player is just laughable.
Calm down :D I'm not really watching football anymore, dislike for him? I can't care less. It was really my honest opinion and it's okay if it sounds biased to you :p I have watched Messi and Ronaldo more than any other great footballer of the past and I was a much more serious football fan during their era but I will not be able to remember them for anything specifically stunning, important and spectacular, lets say like Zidane's goal against Leverkusen. Something which will remain with you forever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 116)