[SPA] La Liga 2009/2010 (2 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I'd see how Villa does at a big team before i pass judgment. Villa for me, is better technically and is a better finisher, Torres on the other hand is stronger, faster and proven at the top level more. It's hard to choose.
"Proven at the top level?" What level is that? :faq1: Consistently in the top3 strikers in the league and by miles the best striker in the national team. What else are we waiting for?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
According to El Mundo there is an agreement between Barca and Inter for you know who.

Contract hasn't been signed yet though.

Eto'o could go the other way.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Playing for a club who go furthur for competing for the league and Champions League.
Go further? Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Villa is frickin carrying this team. It's hardly his fault that scoring 28 goals isn't enough to finish above 6th place and get a CL spot.

In the last 3 years there has been no other striker at Valencia who even came close to not sucking. That's the level of responsibility he has day in day out.

Oh, he's also carrying the national team much of the time.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Playing for a club who go furthur for competing for the league and Champions League.
there is no question as to whether david villa is "proven at the top level", the guy is playing in one of the best leagues in europe and is a consistent goal scorer, he has played at the highest level (WC and Euro's) and scored goals in each of these competitions. He is without question one of the best strikers in the world so its crazy to claim he isn't proven at the top level!!

Jul 15, 2006
Go further? Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Villa is frickin carrying this team. It's hardly his fault that scoring 28 goals isn't enough to finish above 6th place and get a CL spot.

In the last 3 years there has been no other striker at Valencia who even came close to not sucking. That's the level of responsibility he has day in day out.

Oh, he's also carrying the national team much of the time.
there is no question as to whether david villa is "proven at the top level", the guy is playing in one of the best leagues in europe and is a consistent goal scorer, he has played at the highest level (WC and Euro's) and scored goals in each of these competitions. He is without question one of the best strikers in the world so its crazy to claim he isn't proven at the top level!!
Yes. I'm not doubting wether Villa is a top striker or not, there's no doubt about that. However, what I'm trying to say is that when he does join Real or Chel$ki or whatever club he eventually does it'll be a test to see if he can show the consistency and goal scoring for a bigger team. I mean look at Diego Forlán for example he's one the Golden Boot twice now, once with Villarreal and once with Atlético Madrid, both teams which are on a similar stature to Valencia; look at his prior performances for Manure, he was a flop. Yes, I would agree that one would rather have Villa in their team opposed to Forlán but when he finally does to a bigger club than Valencia we will see if he can still carry out the performances...

Jul 15, 2006
So your definition of top level means "Real Madrid or Barcelona"? No, let me revise that, Real Madrid suck in the CL.
Well, since the 2004-2005 season the only teams which have won the league are either Real Madrid or Barcelona. So yes, 'top level' realisitcally means teams that are challenging for the league title consistently. And, yes, I'm aware that Real Madrid blow in the CL :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
This bs. Villa is better than any striker in Madrid. And with Eto'o he's the best in Liga. He's the third most scoring in the national team, despite a career only spanning 4 years, top scorer in the last Euro and proved himself to score in the World Cup before that. He's also been Valencia's top scorer in all the 4 seasons he's been there.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Madrid's starting to look pretty decent, but just like Milan, they still have many issues.

Casillas
Ramos Pepe Garay (?) Marcello
Gago Diarra
Higuain Kaka Robben
Villa

or

Sneijder Gago Diarra
Kaka
Villa Higuain

Attack is top notch. Gago, Garay and Marcello stand out as possible weak links, however.

Jul 15, 2006
This bs. Villa is better than any striker in Madrid. And with Eto'o he's the best in Liga. He's the third most scoring in the national team, despite a career only spanning 4 years, top scorer in the last Euro and proved himself to score in the World Cup before that. He's also been Valencia's top scorer in all the 4 seasons he's been there.
No doubt, he's more prolific that Eto'o who gets a lot more chances, I'm surprised Forlán got the Golden Boot twice to be honest.

Madrid's starting to look pretty decent, but just like Milan, they still have many issues.

Casillas
Ramos Pepe Garay (?) Marcello
Gago Diarra
Higuain Kaka Robben
Villa

or

Sneijder Gago Diarra
Kaka
Villa Higuain

Attack is top notch. Gago, Garay and Marcello stand out as possible weak links, however.
:D
--
I think Pellegrini is most likely to adapt the second formation with Gago having Senna's role.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Would be good to see Ibra leave, to bad they will get Eto'o in the deal.
Not too bad though. Eto'o is a great striker who needs a lot of support from midfield. Zlatan does things by himself. If Inter don't change anything in midfield then Eto'o can not do even 30% of what Zlatan was doing.

But i think Inter will surely add more quality in midfield.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Not too bad though. Eto'o is a great striker who needs a lot of support from midfield. Zlatan does things by himself. If Inter don't change anything in midfield then Eto'o can not do even 30% of what Zlatan was doing.

But i think Inter will surely add more quality in midfield.
Question is if they stick with their compact four man midfield, or change into a 4-3-3 or straight 4-4-2. Can't see them stick Milito on the bench though, which limits their options somewhat.

Zanetti - Cambiasso - Motta
Balotelli - Eto'o - Milito

Milito on the wing isn't ideal, so a 4-4-2 might be preferred:

New - Cambiasso - Motta - Balotelli
Milito - Eto'o

Or they'll just bench Balotelli.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)