[SPA] La I beat you 8-0 Liga 2013/2014 (3 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I hope Xavi suffers a season ending injury, ends up missing the world cup, and never recovers as a result of that traumatizing experience, which then leads him to go on a drinking binge, culminating in him waking up in a cheap and dirty motel sandwiched between two overweight truckers who had taken turns pounding him the night before while he was completely intoxicated.
:lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Xavi is definitely an arsehole, theres no doubting that his comments to the press lack class most of the time.

However, there is some truth to what he said.

Granted, winning is winning, no matter how you do it, no win is better than another. However in terms of leaving a legacy, teams who play an entertaining brand of football are always going to be memorable.

Mind you, the football Bayern played last season was very exciting, counter attacking football, their football was positive attacking football and they always wanted to score as much goals as possible. Thats why Xavi didn't mention Bayern.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
The media decides what's entertaining.
True, entertainment is relative and there is no right and wrong. However you can't deny that most football fans are more entertained by positive attacking football, than by teams who park the bus and cancel the opposition out. It won't matter to Chelsea or their fans because they won the CL, but I'm willing to bet that most Chelsea fans would prefer winning it like Bayern did last season than the way RDM won it.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
True, entertainment is relative and there is no right and wrong. However you can't deny that most football fans are more entertained by positive attacking football, than by teams who park the bus and cancel the opposition out. It won't matter to Chelsea or their fans because they won the CL, but I'm willing to bet that most Chelsea fans would prefer winning it like Bayern did last season than the way RDM won it.
I honestly feel like one of the few people who appreciates both defensive-minded sides & Barca-style possession-based/attacking. Most seem to love one but despise the other, but I can be entertained by both to an extent.

For example, Barca entertains me, but Del Bosque's Spain side has been boring me since Euro 2012. There's a marked difference between the two.

And the traditional Italian defensive style = :tuttosport:, but Di Matteo's Chelsea (and frankly, Mourinho's treble-winning Inter) - not so much, strictly in terms of being "fun" to watch.

But in the end, it's still winning that matters, not entertainment. Which is why I don't get when people say a certain team didn't "deserve" to win the CL. If you scored more goals than all the teams you faced on the way (which is the objective of this sport, after all), you deserve it no matter what tactics or style you used.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I honestly feel like one of the few people who appreciates both defensive-minded sides & Barca-style possession-based/attacking. Most seem to love one but despise the other, but I can be entertained by both to an extent.

For example, Barca entertains me, but Del Bosque's Spain side has been boring me since Euro 2012. There's a marked difference between the two.

And the traditional Italian defensive style = :tuttosport:, but Di Matteo's Chelsea (and frankly, Mourinho's treble-winning Inter) - not so much, strictly in terms of being "fun" to watch.

But in the end, it's still winning that matters, not entertainment. Which is why I don't get when people say a certain team didn't "deserve" to win the CL. If you scored more goals than all the teams you faced on the way (which is the objective of this sport, after all), you deserve it no matter what tactics or style you used.
Completely agreed on the last paragraph. Football is about outscoring your opponent, if you do that then you deserve to win. I especially hate when people say that a team didn't deserve to win because they only had one shot on goal, while the opposing team had 10 for example; well that only means that the latter was not clinical enough, while the former was, which means the former did deserve to win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)