[SPA] La I beat you 8-0 Liga 2013/2014 (5 Viewers)

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I think that has to do with the lack of fast players in the league. :)
Not necessarily. It's the general level of the players in general, not just the pace. The general level of the clubs are too bad, and the good teams are not going to do more than necessary to get the 3 points.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Not necessarily. It's the general level of the players in general, not just the pace. The general level of the clubs are too bad, and the good teams are not going to do more than necessary to get the 3 points.
Yeah, but Italian football was never famous for the pace the clubs play with. The level has dropped down a lot, so it gets more obvious now. It'll get there again though.

Nov 1, 2002
Giuseppe Capua has suggested the nation’s dominance has dipped ever since the trial of Eufemiano Fuentes, who was handed a suspended sentence for leading an organised doping ring
The president of the Italian Football Association’s anti-doping commission has questioned Spanish football after pointing out they have struggled to win since the case against Doctor Eufemiano Fuentes.

Fuentes was recently handed a one-year suspended prison sentence for endangering public health after his involvement in a major doping ring principally involving cycling, although he claimed during the trial he had worked with athletes from other sports – including football.

Although no players or clubs have been implicated in the case, Giuseppe Capua has now suggested that the success of Spanish football has been affected ever since Fuentes and his associates were arrested, alluding to the recent failings of Liga clubs in European competition, as well as Spain’s dismal run in the 2012 Olympic Games.

“It may be a coincidence, but lately Spain do not win as much,” he told the national congress of the free association of Italian football physicians in Florence.

Spain are currently top of their qualifying group for World Cup 2014, and will take part in this summer’s Confederations Cup finals in Brazil, beginning next month.

Fuentes was convicted at the end of April as part of the Operacion Puerto case, along with Ignacio Labarta, a former official in the Kelme cycling team.

Fifa has reacted to the case by committing to the introduction of blood tests for the World Cup finals next year, after John Fahey, president of the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada), met with Fifa president Sepp Blatter over the issue of doping tests in international football.

Wada had requested access to the blood bags involved in the conviction of Fuentes, but the Spanish court ordered them to be destroyed following the trial.

source: goal.com

clear cheaters :inter:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Where else is it allowed to remove evidence like this ?
its such an outrage

I can think of quite a few spanish or spain based sporters, that could fall here.

Looking at it more closely, please not the last decade, how spain suddenly got very good at just about every single sport.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Hopefully Celta go down. They're a favorite but they've got a crafty little winger.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventino★★★;4181086 said:
Giuseppe Capua has suggested the nation’s dominance has dipped ever since the trial of Eufemiano Fuentes, who was handed a suspended sentence for leading an organised doping ring
The president of the Italian Football Association’s anti-doping commission has questioned Spanish football after pointing out they have struggled to win since the case against Doctor Eufemiano Fuentes.

Fuentes was recently handed a one-year suspended prison sentence for endangering public health after his involvement in a major doping ring principally involving cycling, although he claimed during the trial he had worked with athletes from other sports – including football.

Although no players or clubs have been implicated in the case, Giuseppe Capua has now suggested that the success of Spanish football has been affected ever since Fuentes and his associates were arrested, alluding to the recent failings of Liga clubs in European competition, as well as Spain’s dismal run in the 2012 Olympic Games.

“It may be a coincidence, but lately Spain do not win as much,” he told the national congress of the free association of Italian football physicians in Florence.

Spain are currently top of their qualifying group for World Cup 2014, and will take part in this summer’s Confederations Cup finals in Brazil, beginning next month.

Fuentes was convicted at the end of April as part of the Operacion Puerto case, along with Ignacio Labarta, a former official in the Kelme cycling team.

Fifa has reacted to the case by committing to the introduction of blood tests for the World Cup finals next year, after John Fahey, president of the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada), met with Fifa president Sepp Blatter over the issue of doping tests in international football.

Wada had requested access to the blood bags involved in the conviction of Fuentes, but the Spanish court ordered them to be destroyed following the trial.

source: goal.com

clear cheaters :inter:
goal.com is a source of journalistic brilliance?

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Juventino★★★;4181086 said:
Italian courts seem like gold compared to this.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
This thread title reminds me its making mockery of the leagues defences, when IMO it should be obvious that this past season the league with the biggiest joke of a defence has been EPL. Been in decline for couple seasons, but this season gone completely to shit, more wtf higher scores then La Liga, and more teams who concead more then La Liga's, think its like 7 teams who conceaded more then 60 goals (a couple over 70), while in La Liga only 3 teams did that, not to mention a team like Newcastle conceaded nearly 70 for example...

P.S In Italy no team other then Pescara conceaded over 60, who conceaded a wtf level of 84.....

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
This thread title reminds me its making mockery of the leagues defences, when IMO it should be obvious that this past season the league with the biggiest joke of a defence has been EPL. Been in decline for couple seasons, but this season gone completely to shit, more wtf higher scores then La Liga, and more teams who concead more then La Liga's, think its like 7 teams who conceaded more then 60 goals (a couple over 70), while in La Liga only 3 teams did that, not to mention a team like Newcastle conceaded nearly 70 for example...

P.S In Italy no team other then Pescara conceaded over 60, who conceaded a wtf level of 84.....
I don't take the thread title as a mockery of team defenses as much as a complete lack of parity.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I think they're a bit like Napoli - one player dependent which, in modern football, is bad.
Atletico Madrid without Falcao would beat Napoli without Cavani imo.

That's cold. Fiorentina had a good season and played some good football. With the right investments and if Rossi is still the same player they should be a team to keep an eye on imo. Lazio is a interesting team too with Ledesma, Hernanes and Onazi
They were decent this year, but look at all the easy games they lost. Deserving of EL, those teams in CL would be a disgrace.

I agree with Dule, Spanish teams are better than Italian ones as a whole. It's just that Barca and Madrid are that much better than us that makes them look worse. Serie A football is definitely one of the least entertaining to watch. Only reason I do is because of Juve. Such a slow game full of diving, faking and complaining all the time. Other leagues do it too, but not as much as Serie A imo.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I agree with Dule, Spanish teams are better than Italian ones as a whole. It's just that Barca and Madrid are that much better than us that makes them look worse. Serie A football is definitely one of the least entertaining to watch. Only reason I do is because of Juve. Such a slow game full of diving, faking and complaining all the time. Other leagues do it too, but not as much as Serie A imo.
Better than us? I disagree, but ok, it may be so. That much better than us? That's bullshit, being on FIFA team of the year these two past seasons doesn't make those two great teams so much above our level.

Bayernstar

Heritage of Kahn
Mar 16, 2013
Better than us? I disagree, but ok, it may be so. That much better than us? That's bullshit, being on FIFA team of the year these two past seasons doesn't make those two great teams so much above our level.
especially real madrid, I think they are not that strong as many people think... their name is bigger than the perfomance and a myth, thats why people always will consider them as unbeatable. But in reality dortmund gave them 3times a match and lost just once, with other words, Juventus vs Real madrid would be a pretty even match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)