[SPA] La I beat you 8-0 Liga 2013/2014 (3 Viewers)

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I don't rate all Serie A teams barring Juve.
That's cold. Fiorentina had a good season and played some good football. With the right investments and if Rossi is still the same player they should be a team to keep an eye on imo. Lazio is a interesting team too with Ledesma, Hernanes and Onazi

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
That's cold. Fiorentina had a good season and played some good football. With the right investments and if Rossi is still the same player they should be a team to keep an eye on imo. Lazio is a interesting team too with Ledesma, Hernanes and Onazi
I was going with the same logic as Soren there, if he doesn't rate Atletico and Valencia, then no Italian team barring Juve deserves to be rated, because Atletico especially is a level above Italian teams imo.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Better with a lot of good teams, instead of two very good ones, and rest utter shit.
Since we're not talking about Barcelona and Real Madrid then.

It most be embarrassing for other leagues that the Spanish sides has been dominating Europa League for years. Not to mention that Spain also always have a third good team in CHL.(Malaga or Atletico)

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #29
    New thread and we already have this stupid discussion :shifty:
    We all know Dusan wouldn't watch Italian football, if it wasn't for Roma :D
    I love Calcio and I'm following it for over 10 years now. But seriously, I have no idea what people think when they say 'oh they only have 2 strong teams'... then what about Serie A? There's nothing to imply that mid table clubs in Italy are stronger than in Spain. In Spain it's a two horse race, but in Italy it's Juve that's strongest than the rest. Napoli is good but others are quite shit depending on form. In Germany it's also two horse race (last two seasons, this one not really) while Schalke is rather strong.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
    Since we're not talking about Barcelona and Real Madrid then.

It most be embarrassing for other leagues that the Spanish sides has been dominating Europa League for years. Not to mention that Spain also always have a third good team in CHL.(Malaga or Atletico)
    Italian teams never took EL seriously. It's a mentality problem.

Spanish teams takes it very seriously because they know it's the only trophy they'll ever have a chance of winning.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    Italian teams never took EL seriously. It's a mentality problem.

Spanish teams takes it very seriously because they know it's the only trophy they'll ever have a chance of winning.
    And do you think Lazio, Roma, Fiorentina and the likes have the chance to win anything better?

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
    And do you think Lazio, Roma, Fiorentina and the likes have the chance to win anything better?
    Roma fucked up in the qualifiers of EL two years ago, but haven't played in EL yet. Lazio took it very seriously and it cost them their position in Serie-A.

I think Fiorentina will take it seriously next season.

- - - Updated - - -

Italian teams only want to play CL :D
    Pretty much. They are fighting for CL spots and EL is a liability.

De Laurentiis: "CL gives money, EL costs money"

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
    I'm not comparing the two leagues right now. To be honest, I really lost interest in football 1-2 years ago - if it wasn't for Juve, I wouldn't watch many games. I did watch a lot of La Liga games 5 years ago, but the quality really started decline 3 years ago.

About Serie A - The last 12 years I've heard the same thing over and over again: "shitty league, they will not win CL, WC in the nearest future, their football is outdated"... But Italian football allways bounce back - I just think the Italian league is strong and allways will be, it might not have top teams like Spain, England and Germany, but it's still a strong league.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    La Liga, EPL and Bundesliga are certainly in a better position than Serie A right now and have the better teams overall. I still consider Serie A to be the most entertaining league of the bunch though.

Bayernstar

Heritage of Kahn
    Mar 16, 2013
    I'm not comparing the two leagues right now. To be honest, I really lost interest in football 1-2 years ago - if it wasn't for Juve, I wouldn't watch many games. I did watch a lot of La Liga games 5 years ago, but the quality really started decline 3 years ago.

About Serie A - The last 12 years I've heard the same thing over and over again: "shitty league, they will not win CL, WC in the nearest future, their football is outdated"... But Italian football allways bounce back - I just think the Italian league is strong and allways will be, it might not have top teams like Spain, England and Germany, but it's still a strong league.
    12 years ago Seria A was on pole position with Juventus and Ac mailand dominating

Völler

Always spot on
    May 6, 2012
    La Liga, EPL and Bundesliga are certainly in a better position than Serie A right now and have the better teams overall. I still consider Serie A to be the most entertaining league of the bunch though.
    Really? Why do you consider it more entertaining?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Things could become very interesting next season

Championsleague : juventus, milan, napoli.

We are improving the frontline, allready made a nice improvement with llorente.

Milan, they need an intelligent mercato. if they get a quality defender, and a quality midfielder, they'd become VERY good. quality doesnt need to be that immense. Hernanes and ogbonna, should be doable for them.

Napoli. sells cavani, and benitez gets to reinvest it. if they can get a quality forward and something else they could become surprisingly good. benitez known to be excellent in cup.

In italy there is inter, where mazarri can confirm. while lazio, roma and fiorentina are improving.

imo, serie a is gonna be improving overall, wich is good

Völler

Always spot on
    May 6, 2012
    I prefer the tactical side of Italian football, plus there are people such as Galliani, ADL, Mazzarri, Zamparini and the likes which make it even more dramatic.
    I like what you mention as well, it's definitely the more attractive parts of Serie A. I just can't get over the pace. It's too slow paced these days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)