[SPA] La I beat you 8-0 League2011/2012 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmileBam

May 23, 2008
I think you people are too radical here...Del Piero is unique and will always remain in our hearts and football history,but so will Messi.I am bafled with the hatred that is shown to Barcelona here,what did they did to Juventus?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I think you people are too radical here...Del Piero is unique and will always remain in our hearts and football history,but so will Messi.I am bafled with the hatred that is shown to Barcelona here,what did they did to Juventus?
They are football and without them Juventus have no reason to exist.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
All other clubs, Juve included, exist only to show Barcelona's superiority in relevance.

PS DP's goal vs Real circa 2003, that's how you bring it down.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Messi will never have half Dp's or Zidane's class. Let alone style.
I don't know about what class are you talking, but if it's off the pitch I don't think Zidane had a lot of class and if it is on pitch I think one can say that Messi is very far off or doesn't have the chance to be better then Del Piero.

Btw, Messi compared to players that are playing in this day of age has a lot of of the pitch class.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
If Messi will be better player then Zidane? Who knows, maybe he will in the future. But at the moment I don't think he is, he has a long way to go, but if you think he is only 24 then you got to think that it is possible. I would like to see him in some other team though, I think that would even benifit his overall progress.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
The unfortunate thing for Messi is he's around in an era where all the top teams are nowhere near what they were in the 90's early 00's. Most of the top teams in Europe have gone backwards. Then you've got the standard of defending in La Liga which is some of the worst I've ever witnessed.

Put to the point that he fails to show up for Argentina. As good as Messi may be, he'll never be in my top three of all time. Not because of his talent but because of the standard of football these days that sometimes make him out to be on another planet.

I would've love to see him play against the Arsenal team that had a very good defence, Keown, Adams, Winterburn, he'd have never scored four goals then.

Also I'd loved to see how he'd cope in Serie A in the 90's he would've been destroyed in my opinion.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
The unfortunate thing for Messi is he's around in an era where all the top teams are nowhere near what they were in the 90's early 00's. Most of the top teams in Europe have gone backwards. Then you've got the standard of defending in La Liga which is some of the worst I've ever witnessed.

Put to the point that he fails to show up for Argentina. As good as Messi may be, he'll never be in my top three of all time. Not because of his talent but because of the standard of football these days that sometimes make him out to be on another planet.

I would've love to see him play against the Arsenal team that had a very good defence, Keown, Adams, Winterburn, he'd have never scored four goals then.

Also I'd loved to see how he'd cope in Serie A in the 90's he would've been destroyed in my opinion.
But you can't judge a player by different time then he played in. You can say that all the teams are of lesser quality and thats why he is so good now, but to say that I would like to see him play in different era and then I could judge if he is best or not is not right.

You could put Iaquinta 40 years in the past and he would be probably one of the best strikers around. One has to judge a player in the time they play in my opinion. And after the their whole career you could judge if that player really made a bigger impact then some other player. But it should be judge on what impact he did in his own time, not in some hypothetical sitaution where you put a player in i different time then he is playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)