[SP] La Liga 2005/06 (1 Viewer)

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Yeah I think it is fair, though at this time they will probably not sell. With the UEFA-cup coming up and all.

Would be sweat though. :lick:

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Luis Figo's agent has indicated that his client has agreed a deal to move to Liverpool next term.

The Portuguese winger has attracted widespread interest ever since it emerged that Real Madrid may be prepared to move him out of the Santiago Bernabeu this summer.

Newcastle tried and failed with a move for the winger, while Valencia and Galatasaray were also said to be in the frame.

Liverpool emerged as likely bidders recently and the 32-year-old indicated to his agent that he would be prepared to join the UEFA Champions League winners.

An accord is believed to have been struck between player and club, but it has emerged that Real are digging their heels in and may demand a fee for his sale.

Liverpool are not prepared to pay a transfer fee on top of the player's wages and Figo is set to meet Real president Florentino Perez in a bid to smooth his passage to Anfield.

"An accord exists between Liverpool and Luis over the financing of the move," said Figo's agent Luis Douens. "Luis wants to play in England and Liverpool is a great club."

It would appear that Real will have to shift their stance if Figo is to become a Red.

"The decision rests on Real," added Douens. "If they want money for the transfer then I believe it will be hard."

Real sporting director Arrigoi Sacchi has suggested the final decision will lie with Perez.

"The subject of Figo is a question for Florentino," said Sacchi. "The final decision will be with the president."

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
There's now a problem with the deal going through though.Real have apparently asked for a nominal fee of around 2m for Figo and Pool are stalling.

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
Opening Day Fixtures- Official

Valencia v Real Betis
Sevilla v Racing Santander
Cadiz v Real Madrid
Celta Vigo v Malaga
Espanyol v Getafe
Athletic Bilbao v Real Sociedad
Alaves v Barcelona
Mallorca v Deportivo La Coruna
Atletico Madrid v Zaragoza
Osasuna v Villarreal

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Real Madrid coach Wanderlay Luxemburgo has cracked the whip with several unsettled Real players. Unhappy that certain players seem unwilling to accept Real's squad system, the Brazilian boss has warned Guti, Figo and Owen to accept their lot at the Bernabeu or leave straight away.

Real Madrid coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo has warned that players unhappy with not being guaranteed first-team football should leave the club.

"If you are here it is be a member of the squad," Luxemburgo said at a news conference as Real returned to pre-season training on Friday.

Portugal winger Luis Figo and midfielder Guti have both voiced their disappointment at being used as substitutes towards the end of last season.

Guti said he wanted to leave to play more regularly, while Figo has been linked in the press with a move to European champions Liverpool.

With Brazilian forward Robinho being chased by Real, England striker Michael Owen's future at the club has also been questioned in the media.

"Owen and Figo have contracts and should be here. Whether they are going to play or not is a different story but they are Real Madrid players," Luxemburgo added.

"If you are only here to play (and not accept a squad system) you should go.

"If Guti said he didn't like it here and was going to go and find another club he should have gone. But as he is here it is because he didn't find another team and he should appreciate the work."

Woodgate in fitness shock!

Real's return to pre-season training was marked by the appearance of England defender Jonathan Woodgate who joined the main squad for the first time since suffering a recurrence of a long-term thigh injury last October.

Woodgate has not made an appearance for Real since completing his move from Newcastle United last year.

No Valencia move for Kromkamp

AZ Alkmaar defender Jan Kromkamp has been left bitterly disappointed by the breakdown of a proposed move to La Liga outfit Valencia.

The Dutch side and Valencia have been in discussions over the right-back for a lengthy period of time, but finally a deal failed to materialise.

The €7m rated Dutch international had his heart set on a move away from Alkmaar this summer, but failure to reach agreement on the method of payment resulted in the breakdown of the deal.

"Of course I am disappointed, in how AZ worked but also how Valencia cancelled the deal,'' said Kromkamp.

''Everything took much too long. Now I need some rest," he added.

The Dutchman may still get his move away from Holland this summer however, with Porto likely to step up their interest in the player.

Saviola hoping to stay in Spain

Barcelona striker Javier Saviola has rejected a proposed move to Middlesbrough, preferring a switch to a club nearer Spain.

Middlesbrough made a bid for the out-of-favour Argentine and agreed to match his sizeable current wages, but the player was not keen on a move to the Premiership.

Saviola spent last season out on loan with French side Monaco and on his return to the Nou Camp he was told he doesn't feature in manager Frank Rijkaard's plans for the coming season.

The Argentine has been given two weeks to find a new club, with Atletico Madrid, Espanyol and Real Zaragoza all in the frame to land the 23-year-old's signature.

From Eurosport.com

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Txiki: "The most important thing is to start with a win"

Txiki Begiristain has emphasised the importance of kicking off the season with a victory against Alaves and is pleased that Barca's first meeting with Real Madrid is away from home.

The Barcelona technical secretary spoke exculsively to www.fcbarcelona.com about the new fixture list for the 2005-06 campaign. Txiki explained that he prefers that Barca are playing Madrid in the Bernabeu in the first derby of the season in November as he believes that if the second meeting is in Camp Nou "it seems that we always collect three poitns."

Txiki then revealed that he is proud that the team are starting and finishing the season in the Basque Country "because it is my home". Although the opening match will not be easy against Alaves, Txiki said " the most important thing is to start with a win." Barca's season ends withj a trip to San Mames to meet Athletic Bilbao

Below are Txiki's thoughts on the three main talking points of the day:

Starting away from home

"What is always important is to start the season with a win and the fact that we are away, at Alaves, is not easy. I prefer starting with a home match and being more assured of victory because it is great for confidence to begin with three points."

Finishing in Bilbao

"The fact that our final game is also in the Basque Country fills me with pride because that is my home, although I would have preferred it to be against Real Sociedad rather than Athletic. But I am happy that we will finish the campaign there and if we can go there under no pressure then all the better. I hope that the league title will be won, by us, before the penultimate day of the season because we face Espanyol in our last home match. This is usually a spectacular game and I hope that it does not have to be and that we have everything wrapped up by then."

Click here to listen to Txiki (In Catalan)

The first meeting in Madrid

"I hope that we can obtain a good result. We can then worry about the result in the second game, in case we need goal difference which could again be important. We have to take something from the game in Madrid and then we can think about the match in Camp Nou, which always seems to bring us three points. These games are always important if we want to extend our lead at the top, or if tehy are first, then to cut back the gap."

Mar 6, 2005
Robinho To Give Up Fortune For Madrid
7/12/2005 10:03:00 PM
Robinho has said that he is ready to give up a small fortune in order to secure his move Santos to Real Madrid as the wonderkid's desperation grows.
As the deadlock goes on between the Brazilian Spanish clubs, the player himself is becoming more and more frustrated and is keen to help the talks along.

Robinho has stated that he was promised to be allowed to move clubs after the Copa Libertadores by Santos' president, Marcelo Teixeira, but is now angry that he has gone back on his word and is demanding $50million for him.

Madrid believe that they have an agreement with the player and are attempting to reach a compromise that would see Robinho move to the Spanish capital in time for the start of the new season n August.

But as the stalemate remains, Robinho has attempted to help by offering to forego around €7million which he could collect as his part of the transfer.

"If I have to give up what’s due to me to play in Real Madrid that’s no problem," he explained. "I’m young and have all my career ahead of me."

His agent, Wagner Ribeiro, understands his client's position and made an appeal to Santos to let him go without any further resistance.

"Robinho wants to be freed so much that he said that. It’s a sign of desperation. I’ve spoken to him and he wants to give up his rights," ribeiro explained.

Ribeiro, meanwhile, denied reports that Real Madrid had increased their offer.

"The last conversation that we had with Real Madrid date from July 3. The offer remains the one that everyone is aware of - 21 million euros."
Goal.com

:wallbang:

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
Albertini shown Barca door

Veteran Italian midfielder Demetrio Albertini is looking for a club after Barcelona didn’t offer him a new contract.

The 34-year-old was hoping to stay on with the outfit after signing a six-month contract at the Nou Camp in January.

However, the Spanish champions have opted to not keep hold of the former Milan, Lazio, Atalanta and Atletico Madrid ace.

Albertini, who started just two games in La Liga last term, is reportedly assessing his options and may even decide to retire.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
good news , the best thing for albertini is to retire now
Seriously, I had no idea why he went to Barca in the first place.

Rijkaard probably just wanted him around for old times' sake.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

Seriously, I had no idea why he went to Barca in the first place.

Rijkaard probably just wanted him around for old times' sake.
Feeling lonely in Cathalunia, ey? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)