[SP] La Liga 2005/06 (2 Viewers)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Patrick Kluivert has completed his move to Valencia after passing a medical at the second time of asking.

The Dutchman agreed a deal with the Che last month, but the move was plunged into doubt when he failed a medical due to concerns over his knee.

Valencia sent the forward away in order to have his knee examined, setting a Monday deadline for the striker to prove his well-being.

Kluivert underwent a medical on Monday and came through the tests with flying colours, enabling him to complete his move to Valencia.

Valencia medical chief Dr Rafael Llombart oversaw the tests and was happy to rubber stamp the move.

Kluivert, who left Newcastle this summer after one frustrating campaign in The Premiership, has signed a three-year deal and could make his debut in the InterToto Cup.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Argentine international Juan Roman Riquelme has made a permanent move from Barca to Villarreal in a deal worth at least 7 million euros.

Club president Joan Laporta and Villarreal representative Jose Manuel Llaneza agreed the transfer at lunchtime on Tuesday. Also present were Riquelme's agent Daniel Bolotnicoff and FC Barcelona vice-president for economic affairs Ferran Soriano. Juan Roman Riquelme signed the final agreement via fax from Germany, where he is playing in the Confederations Cup with Argentina. The two clubs have agreed an initial fee of 7 million euros, which could rise to as much as 10 million. Barca will receive 25% of any future transfer fee that Villarreal obtain for the player.

Juan Roman Riquelme joined Barca in 2002 and was on loan to Villarreal for the whole of last season.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Chelsea striker Mateja Kezman has agreed to join Atletico Madrid, the Primera Liga club's president Enrique Cerezo said on Tuesday.

'There is total agreement between Atletico, the player and Chelsea,' Cerezo told Atletico's website.

'Some matters do still need to be resolved between the player and Chelsea for the deal to be done. The contract with Kezman will be for three years.'

The 26-year-old Serbia and Montenegro international will undergo a medical on Wednesday.

Kezman struggled to earn a regular first-team spot at Chelsea after moving from PSV Eindhoven for £5million last July.

He scored only four goals for the English champions last season after netting 105 in 123 games in four years at PSV.

Kezman is set to become Atletico's second close season recruit after Argentine coach Carlos Bianchi, who was brought in to replace Cesar Ferrando this month.

Atletico, who finished 11th in La Liga, hope to pair Kezman with 21-year-old Spain striker Fernando Torres.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Barcelona have agreed an improved contract for young Argentine striker Lionel Messi, the Primera Liga champions said on Tuesday. "Messi has opted for Barcelona and we have a lot of confidence in this player," sports director Txiki Begiristain told the club's website.

"We are convinced his participation in the first team will be very important from now on," he added.

"He is a very quick player, with a lot of confidence on the pitch, and with an extraordinary technical ability."

The 18-year-old, who has drawn praise from Diego Maradona after his recent performances with Argentina's under-20 team, has signed a contract with Barca till 2010.

After debuting with Barca's first team last October, Messi became the club's youngest ever goalscorer on May 1 when he netted against Albacete at 17 years, 10 months and 7 days.

Messi on Tuesday helped Argentina reach the World Youth Cup final in the Netherlands. He scored their opening goal and laid on the extra-time winner in a 2-1 victory over Brazil.

Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o is to officially sign his improved contract on Wednesday joining Portugal midfielder Deco, Spain midfielder Xavi and young right back Damia Abella who have all recently agreed contract extensions.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Pablo Garcia is on his way to Real Madrid after a deal was agreed with his side Osasuna.

The Pamplona outfit were reluctant sellers, but a deal of around €4 million has now been agreed for the Uruguayan midfielder.

Garcia has been in Madrid to agree terms on a four-year deal he will sign after he has completed a medical, which is scheduled for July 8.

Garcia is delighted that the deal has largely been completed, with just a few minor details left to tie up before he signs.

"There are only a few details to be resolved," said Garcia.

"I am going to be very proud at having the chance of playing in the shirt of a fantastic team like Real Madrid.

"I am going to give absolutely my all for Real Madrid and I am going to be the same or even a better player than what has been seen at Osasuna."

Real youngster Alvaro Mejia was thought to be heading to Osasuna as part of the deal, but it now seems that Fernandez Borja could be the man to move.

That fellow is good. Madrid are becoming scary :scared:

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Deportivo La Coruna have snapped up tough-tackling defender Juanma from Racing Santander on a free transfer.

The 28-year-old centre half has signed a two-year deal at the Riazor, with an option for a third season, as new coach Joaquin Caparros begins to remould the squad.

Juanma, full name Juan Manuel Delgado, is familiar with Caparros's style having played under him at Recreativo for a season in 1998-99 in the Spanish Segunda Liga.

The player's agent, Bartolome Sanchez, spent two days negotiating the deal with Depor president Augusto Lendoiro and completed the deal to make Juanma the first signing of the summer for the Galician outfit.

Under Spanish football laws, all clubs, except Malaga and Barcelona, must be paid €1 million compensation when a player moves on a free transfer

Why must they be paid said amount?

njork10

Jun 30, 2005
WAT do you guys think about OWEN.I think hes one of the best finishers in the world even if he doesnt run at defenders as he use to do for reasons we all know.I feekl sorry for him caus he is one of the few players you could call real role models for children caus he is never in the headlines for the wrong reasons.A VERY MATURE YOUNG MAN

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Real Madrid have finally reached agreement with Santos over Robinho, ending any floundering hopes Arsenal had of landing the player.

For months, Real have been tracking the Brazilian starlet and they agreed terms with the player's representatives some months ago.

However, Santos had thus far refused all of Real's offers.

Arsenal made a move last week, but that has seemingly just spurred Real into sealing the move - although Robinho always underlined his intent to move to El Santiago Bernabeu.

Agreement was reached late on Friday at Santos president Marcelo Teixeira's house and Real will pay €25 million for Robinho - although Santos will only receive 60 percent of that, as the player's agent Wagner Ribeiro owns the rest of him.

The last straw for Santos was when Robinho failed to turn up for training on Friday, following his participation at The Confederations Cup in Germany.

Real's sporting director Emilio Butragueno was confirmed his delight at Robinho's impending arrival in the Spanish capital.

"Robinho has been the soccer sensation of the last year," he said.

"Although he is very young, his contribution to Real Madrid can be spectacular. Luxemburgo only took seconds in giving his opinion. Wanderley is enchanted by his arrival."

Check here

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
++ [ originally posted by njork10 ] ++
WAT do you guys think about OWEN.I think hes one of the best finishers in the world even if he doesnt run at defenders as he use to do for reasons we all know.I feekl sorry for him caus he is one of the few players you could call real role models for children caus he is never in the headlines for the wrong reasons.A VERY MATURE YOUNG MAN
I don't rate him very high to be honest, I think he's a good player but that's all. He's finishing aint even close to Shevchenko, Larsson or Eto'o IMO.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by njork10 ] ++
He's a good player, but on a lower level as Etoo and even Trez. The media puts too much attention on him, making him stressed.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Spanish outfit Sevilla have confirmed that their main priority this summer is to bring in a new midfielder.

The club's sporting director Ramon Gonzalez Monchi believes there is plenty of time to conclude a deal - with Sevilla likely to raid France for fresh talent.

Bordeaux's diminutive midfielder schemer Camel Meriem is believed to head Sevilla's summer wish list, with a figure of €6 million thought to be enough to secure his services for next season.

"I like Camel," Monchi told L'Equipe. "He matches the profile of the attacking midfielder we are looking for.

"We talked with his entourage, but it is now important we sit around a table and negotiate with Les Girondins.

"We have not had any contact with them so far."

If an approach for Meriem fails to yield success then they could turn their sights to Rennes' Swedish talent Kim Kallstrom - who would likely fetch a fee in the region of €5 million.

Meriem's Bordeaux team-mate Rio Mavuba is another alternative but it would appear for now, Monchi is willing to wait to land the right player.

''This is our objective but we have sufficient time to close an operation,'' said Monchi.

-----------------

Come on Meriem STAY IN SCHOOL. :fero: It would be so cool to be able to watch Källström on regular basics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)