[SP] La Liga 2005/06 (2 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
This is a placeholder for the 2005/06 thread.

I noticed that a whole bunch of different people making the essential threads in Misc Soccer makes the forum look rather cluttered, so I've just decided to make them all and see how it looks.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Lost alot of respect for Spanish football I have, however I hope Barca retain the title, other then that I dont care

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    I'd rather Valencia win it than anyone else.

Barca are a good team and exciting to watch, but not all that likeable IMHO

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    Racing Santander have been stunned by the news that Gerardo Torrado has surprisingly joined Mexican side Cruz Azul.

The Mexican midfielder has been with Racing since November and had been in talks about extending his stay at Estadio El Sardinero.

Torrado had expressed his happiness at Racing and said he was keen to sign an extended deal with the club.

However, the 25-year-old has performed an amazing U-turn and has now signed a three-year deal with Cruz Azul.

Racing president Manuel Huertas is flabbergasted by Torrado's decision, as he knew nothing of any talks with the Mexican side.

"This is incredible," said Huertas.

"Torrado is not a good person because he has done a thing like this and negotiated with another club.

"I do not like the way Torrado has left us, but today football is like that."

Torrado had said that he would sign for Racing after the Confederations Cup in Germany, but the Spaniards now feel badly let down by his antics.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    Barcelona midfielder Xavi has agreed terms on a new contract with the Catalan giants.

The Spain international has just arrived in the Far East with his team-mates for a two-game tour of Japan.

Chelsea were linked with Xavi earlier in the season and Barca have moved to kill off speculation regarding his future.

Xavi's agent Ivan Corretja met with club director Txiki Beguiristain on Friday to finalise a deal following an initial meeting on Tuesday.

It took just a few hours to trash out a deal that will see Xavi commit himself to the club until the summer of 2010.

The deal will see the 25-year-old nearly double his current salary while also raising his release clause to a staggering €35 million.

The news of Xavi's new deal is good news for coach Frank Rijkaard who is keen to tie down his key players on long-term deals.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    Real Zaragoza have signed Real Madrid goalkeeper Cesar on a free transfer.

The 33-year-old spent much of his five years in the capital on the bench after failing to dislodge regular number one Iker Casillas.

Cesar saw opportunities at Real limited largely to the King's Cup - such has been the form of the talented Casillas.

Zaragoza were keen to recruit an experienced goalkeeper following Cesar Lainez's retirement, while Luis Garcia is currently being linked with a loan move to Getafe.

The future of the club's only other recognised goalkeeper, Raul Valbuena, remains unclear after spending last season on loan at relegated Albacete.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)