South American Football (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
What do you mean how in the hell is gallardo a manager? He hasn't lost a game with River in the championship or copa sudamericana. He was also manager of Nacional in Uruguay before and he won the championship there.

River was poor tonight, but we came through as we have under Gallardo every game. Sanchez was the best player for me, and I don't think he should have been sent off. To me it wasn't a dive by any means. Probably not a penalty, but that doesn't mean its a dive. Sometimes when you are running fast you fall when you get touched. Its not complicated.

Also major props to Mora who score on his birthday and for Ponzio and Balanta, two guys who lost their starting spots but are coming through in the big moments.

- - - Updated - - -

It was not a vintage performance, but we still created a good bit. Mora missed several really good chances in the first half before finally putting that one away.

Teo missed a really good chance when Ponzio of all people put him through on goal.
He never struck me as a guy who would coach.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Boca is absolutely crushing Cerro right now. Just not finishing.

What do you think of the Calleri yellow?

- - - Updated - - -

If Martinez doesn't place that pass so far out in front of Chavez, that was a goal.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Man, Gigliotti kicks it into his own foot when he's in a better position, chases down the bounce and scores from an impossible angle on a double deflection. :lol:

That was just about the most-deserved goal ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Colazo is awful. They should send him out on loan. :p

Oct 24, 2014
We'll see what happens in Paraguay, but I think Boca is as good as through. Cerro Porteño not only lacks quality, but they lack the heart and "garra" most paraguayan teams have (Libertad didn't have it either to be fair when River humiliated them) and I don't think they can turn it around.

Estudiantes is a team that is, as we say in argentina, "copero" but they are doomed in el monumental where river hasn't lost in 9 months and has only let in 1 goal this season.

Bring on the River-Boca semifinal already! Los bosteros son asi los mas amargos del mundo entero cuando no salen campeón, banderas negras ellos pusieron :D

Oct 24, 2014
If both River and Boca advance, which looks like all but assured at this point, the first leg of the semifinal will fall during a FIFA Date and both clubs will be greatly effected.

River will lose Teo and Balanta to Colombia, Sanchez to Uruguay, and most likely Vangioni to Argentina while Boca will lose Fuenzalida to Chile and most likely gago to argentina (tata martino hasn't issued his list yet for domestic players). This is a complete outrage to see the best club rivalry in world football be robbed so that these national teams can play useless friendlies so the directors can make money

My hope is that A. Both clubs refuse to release their players or B. The two clubs will be able to reprogram the date so that both clubs can be at full strength.

Honestly, the incompetence of the CONMEBOL and FIFA reaches new levels each week... Why is a continental semifinal being played during a FIFA date? And more importantly, why do we have a fifa date in november after we already had them in october and september?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)