South American Football (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2014
As usual all the bosteros and the amargos del rojo screamed the goal from Rafaela only to see their dreams shattered again. Piscu with a golazo from a free kick and Rojas with a controlled finish. River hit the post 4 times and missed so many chances, yet reading this forum you all seem to think the ref/linesman was to blame... HA! How about when the ex-Bostero pol fernandez clatters into vangioni and the referee, Loustou the same man who refereed the infamous Superclasico in La Bombonera in 2011 with 11 penalties not given to River, gave a free kick to rafaela on the edge of the box. Bastia should have been sent off various times, not just for playing the whole second half with a yellow and committing 8 fouls and not getting a second booking, but for having the worst hair ever. Dude you're balding, give up the flow!

Los de abajo son bosteros no nos pueden alcanzar :biggrin: Punteros e invictos, los demás que sigan participando jejeje

- - - Updated - - -

magallan out for 6 months :frown: so so sad for him, best boca prospect in defense in the last 10 years for me
its really sad, i'm heart broken jeje

In all seriousness, you always hate to see a player, especially a young kid go down... Boca hasn't been producing many good CBs for a while now and this kid seems to have a lot of tools.

Now I think Boca is in a tough position... Chiqui Perez did well yesterday, but he's hardly the guy i'd want to play in a copa sudamericana quarterfinal... Whats up with Cata Diaz? when is he do back?

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
hate to admit but river is lights out this torneo :D but you never know with the gachinas they have shown in the past that they can choke on the big stages with the best fo them :p

twitter says cata will be out for another 4 weeks

and i was at that superclasico :heart: utlimo clasico del Titan :touched:

Oct 24, 2014
River still has tough games to come, but what is so impressive is that Lanus and Independiente are having an amazing season also... In another season, River would be running away with it, just like Lanus would probably be in first if not for River's form.

I remember that clasico well, but not fond memories. Though I always respected palermo, he's a classy guy who overcame a lot of injuries and adversity in his career.

I've been to a fair number of superclasicos, including a few in torneos de verano and i was at the one in miami in 2002 when river won 2-1, i really hope i get to see another one in the sudamericana next month

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
River still has tough games to come, but what is so impressive is that Lanus and Independiente are having an amazing season also... In another season, River would be running away with it, just like Lanus would probably be in first if not for River's form.

I remember that clasico well, but not fond memories.
Though I always respected palermo, he's a classy guy who overcame a lot of injuries and adversity in his career.

I've been to a fair number of superclasicos, including a few in torneos de verano and i was at the one in miami in 2002 when river won 2-1, i really hope i get to see another one in the sudamericana next month
i bet :p

and you are right this is the best torneo in a long time, with a lot of exciting young prospects. Do you think you guy will keep most of the core to compete in copa lib or you suspect a fire sale in the "summer"

Oct 24, 2014
I don't think River will sell many players if any in the summer period. The best and most important players aren't really youngsters right now... Piscu, Teo, Sanchez, Rojas, Barovero, Mercado, Vangioni, Maidana, are all close to or have already reached 30, plus they're all very much part of this process and will want to go for the biggest prize.

The youngsters.. Well you have Kranevitter who is injured and I don't see a European club buying him after 2 months of inactivity. Balanta is now a sub after being one of River's best players for a year and a half, and even though he's a full colombia international with world cup experience, i don't see him leaving considering he's not a starter any more. If we do sell him, it won't be a big loss tbh we have plenty of cover at CB and we've done pretty well without Balanta as Funes Mori has been a beast.

Pezzella is another good prospect, but he's not a full time starter and I don't think he'll leave.

The directors have also said form the beginning their goal is winning the copa libertadores in 2015 so I think they're going to keep the team together and probably add a few reinforcements... An experienced forward would be good and there are rumors of Lucho Gonzalez, though I think all River fans have the dream of Chori Dominguez... So hopefully when Juve knocks Olympiacos out of UCL he'll come home rather than waste his time in the greek league. :D

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
X, you believe that Magallan can make a big transfer on the future? (if this injury, not cost to him)
i really saw some special things from him, he really could have been something with the right guidance, but his injury is prolly the worst injury for a footballer, ACL tear

I don't think River will sell many players if any in the summer period. The best and most important players aren't really youngsters right now... Piscu, Teo, Sanchez, Rojas, Barovero, Mercado, Vangioni, Maidana, are all close to or have already reached 30, plus they're all very much part of this process and will want to go for the biggest prize.

The youngsters.. Well you have Kranevitter who is injured and I don't see a European club buying him after 2 months of inactivity. Balanta is now a sub after being one of River's best players for a year and a half, and even though he's a full colombia international with world cup experience, i don't see him leaving considering he's not a starter any more. If we do sell him, it won't be a big loss tbh we have plenty of cover at CB and we've done pretty well without Balanta as Funes Mori has been a beast.

Pezzella is another good prospect, but he's not a full time starter and I don't think he'll leave.

The directors have also said form the beginning their goal is winning the copa libertadores in 2015 so I think they're going to keep the team together and probably add a few reinforcements... An experienced forward would be good and there are rumors of Lucho Gonzalez, though I think all River fans have the dream of Chori Dominguez... So hopefully when Juve knocks Olympiacos out of UCL he'll come home rather than waste his time in the greek league. :D
:tup: though i think the likes of teo, sanchez and barovero would be down for a euro payout day and could help plenty of euro sides; and ya ramiro has been really good who would have thought hed be the better twin:p

Oct 24, 2014
i really saw some special things from him, he really could have been something with the right guidance, but his injury is prolly the worst injury for a footballer, ACL tear

:tup: though i think the likes of teo, sanchez and barovero would be down for a euro payout day and could help plenty of euro sides; and ya ramiro has been really good who would have thought hed be the better twin:p
There are a number of players on River who would greatly improve many european clubs, but River is not going to sell and i don't think players want to leave. I think the whole team has had the Libertadores as the ultimate goal since we won the title with Ramon in may.

Plus, lets not forget that most european clubs don't make signings in the january window unless its an emergency.

At this point, I'd think its much more likely that River adds a big player than loses one. My hope is Lucho Gonzalez and Chori Dominguez

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
There are a number of players on River who would greatly improve many european clubs, but River is not going to sell and i don't think players want to leave. I think the whole team has had the Libertadores as the ultimate goal since we won the title with Ramon in may.

Plus, lets not forget that most european clubs don't make signings in the january window unless its an emergency.

At this point, I'd think its much more likely that River adds a big player than loses one. My hope is Lucho Gonzalez and Chori Dominguez

youd really want lucho on your team? hed prolly slow things down and screw up the chemistry of the team

GrecoJuve

May 19, 2014

Aimar? I know, he is out for months but i read roumors about his come back to River.

Oct 24, 2014
Aimar? I know, he is out for months but i read roumors about his come back to River.
Aimar decided to go play in Malaysia rather than returning to River, so i don't care what happens with him. He was a great player, but at this point i doubt he'd be able to contribute much and Piscu is in great form.

Sometimes in Argentine football, and brasilian too for that matter, there is an obsession with getting big names from europe, but its a dangerous path and i think aimar at this stage is nothing but a big name. He's injury prone and he was playing in a football that is semi-amateur out in malaysia.

I remember a few years ago Roberto Ayala signed for Racing and being one of if not the single worst player in the league that season completely embarrassing himself each week before being benched. Mario yepes at san lorenzo is a similar case, though obviously much older now than ayala was in 2010. He had a great world cup, but a world cup is a very isolated event that has little to do with the rigors of league football. Yepes has been a train wreck for san lorenzo and has now been benched for countless errors.

Marcello Gallardo was sort of like that during his last spell at river when he came back after playing in mls. He could hit some amazing free kicks still (still remember his equalizer in la bombonera) but he couldn't play more than 2 games in a row before getting hurt. It was really sad to see.

I feel like aimar would be another case of a big name coming back and doing quite poorly. Chori Dominguez on the other hand is still at a high level, but for him to come back to River Juve needs to knock Olympiacos out of the CL :theflag:

GrecoJuve

May 19, 2014
Aimar decided to go play in Malaysia rather than returning to River, so i don't care what happens with him. He was a great player, but at this point i doubt he'd be able to contribute much and Piscu is in great form.

Sometimes in Argentine football, and brasilian too for that matter, there is an obsession with getting big names from europe, but its a dangerous path and i think aimar at this stage is nothing but a big name. He's injury prone and he was playing in a football that is semi-amateur out in malaysia.

I remember a few years ago Roberto Ayala signed for Racing and being one of if not the single worst player in the league that season completely embarrassing himself each week before being benched. Mario yepes at san lorenzo is a similar case, though obviously much older now than ayala was in 2010. He had a great world cup, but a world cup is a very isolated event that has little to do with the rigors of league football. Yepes has been a train wreck for san lorenzo and has now been benched for countless errors.

Marcello Gallardo was sort of like that during his last spell at river when he came back after playing in mls. He could hit some amazing free kicks still (still remember his equalizer in la bombonera) but he couldn't play more than 2 games in a row before getting hurt. It was really sad to see.

I feel like aimar would be another case of a big name coming back and doing quite poorly. Chori Dominguez on the other hand is still at a high level, but for him to come back to River Juve needs to knock Olympiacos out of the CL :theflag:
As a Greek, Chori is a show man. He is great so far with Olympiakos (even if i hate this club)
I think, that in Argentina, Chori would gain River to another level.

What's your opinion on youth? Driussi, Simeone etc. Driussi dissapointed me 'till now, but he is to young to judge him.

Oct 24, 2014
All of River's young forwards have talent, but they are woeful finishing... Boye i think is the most complete #9 but he has 1 goal in 18 games and now hasn't even been called up for the sudamericana game tonight. Driussi has been inconsistent as well, I think he was reading his own hype too much. He needs to settle down and concentrate on playing and less on off field distractions.

Simeone works very hard but I don't know if he is going to be a top class player. He is lacking the touch of quality I have seen with the likes of Falcao, Higuain, Cavenaghi, Salas, and other #9s i've seen come through river in recent years. Hope I'm wrong though

PD What greek club do you support?

GrecoJuve

May 19, 2014
All of River's young forwards have talent, but they are woeful finishing... Boye i think is the most complete #9 but he has 1 goal in 18 games and now hasn't even been called up for the sudamericana game tonight. Driussi has been inconsistent as well, I think he was reading his own hype too much. He needs to settle down and concentrate on playing and less on off field distractions.

Simeone works very hard but I don't know if he is going to be a top class player. He is lacking the touch of quality I have seen with the likes of Falcao, Higuain, Cavenaghi, Salas, and other #9s i've seen come through river in recent years. Hope I'm wrong though

PD What greek club do you support?
AEK Athens...but years now, my interested in Greek football is dead. The quality here is too low. Nothing to do with past year 'till 2010.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
funes mori with a disasterous first half :p

- - - Updated - - -

sanchez with another great assist, hes been really good this year

- - - Updated - - -

and he assists another one, this time for an OG, everything working for river in this 2nd half

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Crazy game today. Sanchez was brilliant and then he gets sent off. This is the least I've seen River create this year. Estudiantes mostly shut Piscu and Teo down. They did very little, aside from a brief attacking spell just after the first goal. Funes Mori was just :sergio:

Oct 24, 2014
How in the hell is Gallardo a manager?
What do you mean how in the hell is gallardo a manager? He hasn't lost a game with River in the championship or copa sudamericana. He was also manager of Nacional in Uruguay before and he won the championship there.

River was poor tonight, but we came through as we have under Gallardo every game. Sanchez was the best player for me, and I don't think he should have been sent off. To me it wasn't a dive by any means. Probably not a penalty, but that doesn't mean its a dive. Sometimes when you are running fast you fall when you get touched. Its not complicated.

Also major props to Mora who score on his birthday and for Ponzio and Balanta, two guys who lost their starting spots but are coming through in the big moments.

- - - Updated - - -

Crazy game today. Sanchez was brilliant and then he gets sent off. This is the least I've seen River create this year. Estudiantes mostly shut Piscu and Teo down. They did very little, aside from a brief attacking spell just after the first goal. Funes Mori was just :sergio:
It was not a vintage performance, but we still created a good bit. Mora missed several really good chances in the first half before finally putting that one away.

Teo missed a really good chance when Ponzio of all people put him through on goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)