South American Football (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
good potential for sure, remains to be seen if he will progress or stagnate, remember he also set up martinez' gol. Chavez' absence was felt for sure, but calleri coming on changed the game, also how sweet was that gago assist on the calleri gol?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Gago has been amazing this year. Best DM in Argentina for the year, especially with Kranevitter going out. He offers far more offensive threat than most in that position too. Such good vision. That assist was sublime. And I hate that word. :lol:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Gago has been amazing this year. Best DM in Argentina for the year, especially with Kranevitter going out. He offers far more offensive threat than most in that position too. Such good vision. That assist was sublime. And I hate that word. :lol:
unless it's kant's sublime ;)

What a game...Gago is perfect this year!
Burrito scored...:lol:
i know right :p

- - - Updated - - -

unless it's kant's sublime ;)

What a game...Gago is perfect this year!
Burrito scored...:lol:
i know right :p

actually believe it or not this is gagos 4th gol in his professional career, yes you read right, 4th gol :p

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Well, I don't have to be crazy depressed, as River crushed Libertad, 2-0, hit the post twice more, and likely could have scored a half-dozen goals. Gallardo is a crazy man, starting Driussi--Teo--Boye in a sort of attacking trident/1-2 at times. Great performance though. Now if only Juve would dominate matches in this manner, start to finish, rather than 15 minute sections only.

Oct 24, 2014
Man Boca scraping through on penalties likes the good old days under bianchi.

As much as I hate Boca and normally I'd want to see Cerro Porteño knock them out, part of me really wants to see a River-Boca clash in the semifinals. This would be very special for me because the 15th of November I have my cousin's wedding in Buenos Aires and the return leg in El Monumental of such a match up would be Wednesday the 19th... Which means I will be there if it happens... I will be there even if we play Cerro Porteño but man I want to play Boca again on a not flooded field.

This weekend is a good round of matches in Argentina. Indendiente hosts Tigre as they try and get closer to River at the top, Lanus hosts struggling San Lorenzo in a match that will see Mario Yepes benched after a horrible first couple of matches for El Ciclon.

Boca hosts everyone's favorite club founded by a bus company, Defensa y Justicia in what should be easy on paper, though el Vasco may choose to rotate the squad thinking about the sudamericana. The late game sunday is River-Rafaela. I am nervous about this game as Rafaela has a very difficult field and River has actually never won there in 3 matches, all three games ended in draws the last two 0-0 and the first meeting back in 2003 when Rafaela first came up was 1-1.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Man Boca scraping through on penalties likes the good old days under bianchi.

As much as I hate Boca and normally I'd want to see Cerro Porteño knock them out, part of me really wants to see a River-Boca clash in the semifinals. This would be very special for me because the 15th of November I have my cousin's wedding in Buenos Aires and the return leg in El Monumental of such a match up would be Wednesday the 19th... Which means I will be there if it happens... I will be there even if we play Cerro Porteño but man I want to play Boca again on a not flooded field.

This weekend is a good round of matches in Argentina. Indendiente hosts Tigre as they try and get closer to River at the top, Lanus hosts struggling San Lorenzo in a match that will see Mario Yepes benched after a horrible first couple of matches for El Ciclon.

Boca hosts everyone's favorite club founded by a bus company, Defensa y Justicia in what should be easy on paper, though el Vasco may choose to rotate the squad thinking about the sudamericana. The late game sunday is River-Rafaela. I am nervous about this game as Rafaela has a very difficult field and River has actually never won there in 3 matches, all three games ended in draws the last two 0-0 and the first meeting back in 2003 when Rafaela first came up was 1-1.

rafaela is indeed very hard to beat in their homeground, and imo this is the best river team i have seen since the d'alessandro/cavenaghi days. i dont know what gallardo did but he has them playing with so much confidence.

Do you know what the story is with copa lib qualification? correct me if i am wrong, but it think boca goes through if estudiantes doesnt win sudamericana right?

Oct 24, 2014
rafaela is indeed very hard to beat in their homeground, and imo this is the best river team i have seen since the d'alessandro/cavenaghi days. i dont know what gallardo did but he has them playing with so much confidence.

Do you know what the story is with copa lib qualification? correct me if i am wrong, but it think boca goes through if estudiantes doesnt win sudamericana right?
Boca would qualify if they make finish as the best Argentine team in the sudamericana not already qualified for the libertadores... So, If River knocks out Estudiantes and Boca knocks out Cerro Porteño, Boca is in the Libertadores regardless of what happens with between boca and river, since River is already in the libertadores.

However I have no idea what will happen if both estudiantes and boca get eliminated next round.

Hopefully one day argentina will have a normal league system again where qualification for the Copas is straight forward and not dependent on 50 trillion different absurd scenarios. Though hey, if Boca wins the league title, you would qualify, you're only 8 points back jeje

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
So Mauro fucks with River Plate, Trezeguet played for them and Boca Jrs are their rivals. Then my position in this is as clear as day. Fuck Boca i put pene in their boca. For River Plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)