Soon to be official: Mutu to Juve (1 Viewer)

May 28, 2004
Comeback Day for Mutu and Di Canio Friday 6 August, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today should see pen put to paper as Adrian Mutu and Paolo Di Canio stage their comeback to Serie A for Juve and Lazio respectively.

Although Chelsea issued a denial yesterday afternoon, Mutu’s three agents insist a contract will be signed over the weekend.

“Roman Abramovich had put a stop to everything on Thursday,” revealed Andrea Pretti, “but then Jose Mourinho intervened and sorted it out. We should complete the loan move on Friday.”

Juventus representatives are keeping tight-lipped about the affair, but they had already shown marked interest in the former Parma forward last summer.

Chelsea had dived in with a £15.8m cash bid that took him to the Premiership, only for a promising start to be sullied by injury and personality clashes.

Another fiery figure is making his return to Serie A this weekend, as Paolo Di Canio (pictured) has flown out to Rome in order to sign a new reduced wage deal with Lazio.

Charlton Athletic had initially ruled out his return to Serie A, but this morning finally admitted he had flown out to the Peninsula in order to “urgently address some personal issues.”

It was new President and majority shareholder Claudio Lotito who convinced Di Canio to come back and take a leadership role within the Lazio side.

The 36-year-old began his career with the Capital club in 1986 and moved on to Juventus four seasons later, but never hid his desire to end his playing days at the Stadio Olimpico.

The fan favourite was so eager to seal this switch that he accepted a massive pay cut, signing a two-year contract worth just £165,000 a season.

Channel4.com

Jul 19, 2003
I'm still about 40% skeptical this will go through. I hope I'm proven wrong.

If he does sign, will he be ineligible for the CL since the list was already submitted, or is that list just for the preliminary rounds?

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Loaning is a good start, after all I've understood that Chelsky will pay some part of Mutu's wages too?! Well, let's see how he'll do...

JuveLove

Oct 17, 2003
this news i found on fiorentina offical website , i think its important , please can anyone translate it .....

Mercato: perso Mutu si punta su Mista. Possibilità Miccoli
06/08/2004
Rassegna Stampa Mercato
Dopo aver perso Adrian Mutu la società viola per bocca del suo Direttore Generale, Fabrizio Lucchesi, ha deciso di fermarsi qualche giorni a valutare l'attuale rosa, in modo identificare le lacune presenti. intanto perٍ le voci di mercato continuano a moltiplicarsi, arrivando a toccare anche due sconosciuti difensori cinesi...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Market: lost Mutu is pointed on Mixture. Possibility Miccoli

06/08/2004 Review Prints Market After to have lost Adrian Mutu the purple society for mouth of its General Director, Fabrizio Lucchesi, decided to stop itself some days to appraise the present rose, in manner to identify the present gaps. meanwhile forٍ the shouting of market continue to multiply itself, arriving to touch also two unknown chinese defenders..

:confused:

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
i just read it now in my newspaper. its offical. maybe he will presented tomorrow or cause its weekend at monday. jupeee!:cool:

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
I don't think that Capello will let Micco out, he likes Miccoli... :cool:

And it's 99% certain, it was in papers and TV in here too... Well, I'll definitely take Mutu over Di Vaio...

And I'm still shocked about Maresca, my nerazzurri friend told me about that move just a week ago... :down:

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
Is it reliable? Are you 100% certain? :confused:
of course i dont know 100%(means i wont give my life on it:D)...but they wrote the deco transfer and the emerson transfer 2 days before it was offical anounced...plus iam living in switzerland...our media sources are very relitable...so i say it will be if not today in the evenig anounced, tomorrow or, as i said, at monday cause its weekend...maybe we find the offical .pdf document a bit earlier on the website how it was by emersons transfer too....lets hope its true. he would be a PERFECT when not even better replacment for di vaio. if he comes, we just need our 2 cbs....:cool:

-->mascherano, cannavaro/or jankulowski:cool::cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)