Soon to be official: Mutu to Juve (6 Viewers)

Jul 19, 2003
channel4 said something about Abramovich trying to make it harder by Mourinho intervened to let Mutu go. They probably realized they can't recall Cole or Forsell from their loans, so they must keep Mutu.

Plexus

Aug 24, 2002
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.......we are still tree players short I think. We need a forward a middfielder and a defender.
(Mutu,jankulovski,bonera). Are juve in some economical crise? Why cant we afford to buy players as other clubs like milan, barcelona and madrid?

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
It feels like we've been screwed over since day one of the mercato. Moggi running around all over the world, getting close to deals here and there and then everything changes and we get no one. This wasting of time is so unnecessary.

Evil tongues say that Milan and Berlusconi crashed our Mutu-deal this time, one has to admit that the circumstances are very odd. First a couple of days of discussions and then when a deal is imminent chelski change the deal and everything falls apart.

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
OK, it's bad to miss out on Mutu, but it was only a loan anyway! Personally I'd see it as a temporary solution. We'd all then hope for a permanent forward to sign next season, which would leave us in the same situation again. Sorry, but I don't like Juve taking players on loan.
So our options are....?

Gilardino? Won't come because of Trez
Zlatan? No way in hell will he come without being first choice
Cavenaghi? Whoops, missed him

I don't think Gilardino will go to Roma either, because they already have Cassano.

I personally do not think we will get a DV replacement :down:

Which worries me significantly! We can't rely on Trez for goals, or for DP to create them right now. And we can't rely on either staying injury free! Nedddy, Micco, it all rests on you guys now!

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
Its not about Moggi, it's about the owners and their lack of wealth. In todays world its not the rich clubs that makes the big buys, a rich club has nowhere near as much money as a rich private owner. They play in different leagues.

Moratti spends his money, Sensi spends his money, Berlusconi spends his money, Roman spends his money. Fiat are going bust and the Agnelli's can't compete, thereby we look like fools :down:

Inter and Milan were offered completely different deals than us, the whole point of this was to publicly humiliate us.

kurvengeflüster

********* a.D.
Jan 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nekton ] ++
... thereby we look like fools :down:
I've no problems with that. in the days before Abrahmovic took over the premier-club, Chelsea would have been happy if Juventus had knocked on their door. they play a dangerous/double-tongued game and it it's easer to lose it then to gain victory (e.g. dortmund)

well done Moggi :thumb:

OP
IceBlu

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #552
    Its not about Moggi, it's about the owners and their lack of wealth. In todays world its not the rich clubs that makes the big buys, a rich club has nowhere near as much money as a rich private owner. They play in different leagues.

Moratti spends his money, Sensi spends his money, Berlusconi spends his money, Roman spends his money. Fiat are going bust and the Agnelli's can't compete, thereby we look like fools :down:

Inter and Milan were offered completely different deals than us, the whole point of this was to publicly humiliate us.

not true.

Fiat has problems but its not like the Agnellis can't afford 30-40 million if they wanted to. Besides Juve themsleves generate more than enough money to make transfers.

Its just a deal that didn't work out - something that happens often in the Football world.

theres still a possibility that something may be worked out.

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
    Of course that is only my own thoughts and opinions, to define how 'true' those are is hard. All I know is that we haven't had much of a mercato, contrary to Inter and Milan. We're not number one anymore, that's for sure.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    OH MAN!!!:fero::fero::dontcare:!!!
    WHY?!
    Fvck that.....man i am so upset about the calciomercato....plz Moggi i'm beggin,show us some happe days and some of your Magic if you didn't lost it.:down:

OP
    IceBlu

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #555
    Of course that is only my own thoughts and opinions, to define how 'true' those are is hard. All I know is that we haven't had much of a mercato, contrary to Inter and Milan. We're not number one anymore, that's for sure.

...neither have Milan.

The only major transfer they have had in recent history is Nesta. The rest are just normal transfer that have worked out for them.

and Inter always win the Mercato battle but win absolutely nothing...

so we're just fine the way we are.

OP
    IceBlu

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #559
    Adrian Mutu's proposed move from Chelsea to Juventus has collapsed because the two clubs could not agree terms, according to the player's agent.

The Romania international striker was due to move to the Italian side on loan for the coming season, after becoming surplus to requirements at Stamford Bridge.

Mutu travelled to Turin to discuss personal terms on the deal, but his move has collapsed because of a disagreement between the clubs.

Mutu's agent Andrea Pretti told skysports.com that the reason for the collapse was that Chelsea want Juve to buy the player next summer.

The Italians were unwilling to agree to the permanent transfer of the striker next summer and they ended the negotiations.

"The latest news is that the negotiations have failed for the moment," Pretti told skysports.com.

"What happened? The proposal Chelsea made is that Juve had to promise to sign the player permanently next summer, so it was not just a free loan for a year but a complete transfer.

"At this moment I don't see much chance of negotiations reopening.

"So I can say that Mutu will stay at Chelsea next season too."

"Mutu is Chelsea's player for the next four years."

Mutu had been quoted in the Italian press as telling Jose Mourinho that he could not stay with Chelsea now he was not wanted.

"I can't stay here, I want to go back to Italy," Mutu said in Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I want Juve. I'm looking forward to it, and I am only thinking of this."

Mutu may well now look for another Italian side to join for the season if he is so against staying in West London, if the deal with Juventus can not be saved.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Hopefully he pull off another Emerson :D

i think we'll get him.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    When a player really wants to go you cant make him stay. He could just play like shite, stay on the bench, and collect his 5 mil € salary for the next for years. I dont get why players complain about not playing, I'd be more than happy to get lost of money for not doing my job :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)