Someone give me some advices please (1 Viewer)

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Yikes, that's one sucky book :D

Alright, point taken about the map :lazy:

This is of more use then; a map of the language families. What languages are related to German and Russian respectively:

this is pretty cool, a small nation like Albania having their own group of language

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
arent germany language hard to learn? gives me head-ache by looking at the instruction in germany...

OP

ilovemarek

Nov 18, 2004
  • Thread Starter #67
    Yeah but if I were gonna learn Russian - I'd have to start from scratch by learning their ALPHABET.

I mean, jebus.
    Have you ever learn it B4??

Jan 24, 2004
    And yes, yes it is. Very hard. But Russian is harder.

From a Dutch point of view anyway.

Basti - I once tried to arrange a hotel in Switzerland, go out in town and ask for directions. When I came back home my doctor said it equals 5 years of stress in an ordinary country :D
    :D

Jan 24, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by ilovemarek ] ++
    Is Germany hard to learn?
    I guess it is hard but you'll appreaciate all effort - to read Goethe and Schiller in original language should be motivation enough :cool:

And if you learned German you can easily shift to Austrian (if you want to book a skiing vacation), with some more work you'll understand Swiss (in order to have fun and establish a numbered account) and you should also be prepared for learning Dutch (though I don't know Dutch myself I think it shouldn't be too tough). So you can tell Erik off. That would be fine, or? :D

OP

ilovemarek

Nov 18, 2004
  • Thread Starter #70
    ++ [ originally posted by kurvengeflüster ] ++

I guess it is hard but you'll appreaciate all effort - to read Goethe and Schiller in original language should be motivation enough :cool:

And if you learned German you can easily shift to Austrian (if you want to book a skiing vacation), with some more work you'll understand Swiss (in order to have fun and establish a numbered account) and you should also be prepared for learning Dutch (though I don't know Dutch myself I think it shouldn't be too tough). So you can tell Erik off. That would be fine, or? :D

Well.....Erik is a German or you are a German??
    Maybe after I learning it, we can talk on MSN by German:D

Jan 24, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by ilovemarek ] ++

Well.....Erik is a German or you are a German??
    Maybe after I learning it, we can talk on MSN by German:D
    Erik is Dutch, I am German. We are neighbours but when it comes to our NT we are the most distanced fix points in universe. Dutch and German people become crazy when their teams clash. They are a bit idiosyncratic. :D But beside soccer I don't have any problem with Erik's small but nice country. They build up a system in order to lock out the nature's force. All these dike reeves with their beta works system ... :fool:

If you have some questions about German feel free to pm me. I'll help you but I wont adopt the new language reform. I'm old school (in the truest sense of the word). :stuckup:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    kurv, speaking of Germany, today on the radio I heard the most f up song (pardon my German har har) sung by a 4 year old boy about his pet crocodile, which allegedly currently tops the German music charts. WTF is that about?

Seriously, the German music industry.. as if Scooter wasn't enough.. :redface:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    About German music; you have GOT to try Sportfreunde Stiller. Great band, I have one of their albums.

Naturally I informed my German teacher about that and he decided to give me an extra point on my exam; turning it from a fail into a pass :D

Erik is Dutch, I am German. We are neighbours but when it comes to our NT we are the most distanced fix points in universe. Dutch and German people become crazy when their teams clash. They are a bit idiosyncratic. :D But beside soccer I don't have any problem with Erik's small but nice country. They build up a system in order to lock out the nature's force. All these dike reeves with their beta works system ... :fool:
    And nobody messes with German beer :lick:

Did I tell you I was thinking of doing my workplacement (starting january 2006 - six months) in Germany yet? A friend of mine is half-German and so I know people there.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Did I tell you I was thinking of doing my workplacement (starting january 2006 - six months) in Germany yet? A friend of mine is half-German and so I know people there.
    Okay, now you're really scaring me! :eek::dazed:

OP

ilovemarek

Nov 18, 2004
  • Thread Starter #76

If you have some questions about German feel free to pm me. I'll help you but I wont adopt the new language reform. I'm old school (in the truest sense of the word). :stuckup:

Oh my god, you're such a nice guy.:kiss:
    As I know, Germany is a country which is good at science, industry.....
    Maybe after I learning German, I can practice German with you guys(If it's burdensome for you:D)
    BTW, your national soccer team is my most favorite team, I like Ballack and Klose the most:)

Jan 24, 2004
    @Martin

every culture has its backyard and we have "schnappi the little crocodile"

actually it is a song for children which was composed 4 or 5 years ago. So it was published on compilation for kindergarden children. Obviously it wasn't a great success but some moron made a mp3 of it and so its journey through the web started. Then the usual law of cause and effect:....record company...radio stations...ring tones...and yesterday the girl (4 or 5 years old) had an appearance at prime time (together with her aunt who is the composer of that song) that's media :)

We had Scooter, we have Schnappi, who can top us? :fool:

for all interested:

Ich bin Schnappi das kleine Krokodil,
    [I am Schnappi, the little crocodile]
    komm aus Ägypten das liegt direkt am Nil;
    [come from Egypt which is located at Nile]
    zuerst lag ich in einem Ei,
    [first I was in an egg]
    dann schni schna schnappte ich mich frei.
    [then schni schna snapped me out]

Refrain
    schni schna schnappi schnappi schnappi schnapp
    schni schna schnappi schnappi schnappi schnapp

hab scharfe Zähne und davon ganz schön viel
    [have many sharp teeth]
    ich schnapp mir was ich schnappen kann
    [I snap what I can snap]
    ja schnapp zu weil ich das so gut kann.
    [yes, I snap because I can do that well]

Refrain

ich schnappe gern das ist mein Lieblingsspiel
    [I like to snap, that's my favorite game]
    ich schleich mich an die Mama ran
    [and sneak up to mama]
    und zeig ihr wie ich schnappen kann!
    [and show her how I can snap]

Refrain

ich bin Schnappi das kleine Krokodil
    und vom Schnappen da krieg ich nicht zuviel,
    [I can't get enough of snapping]
    ich beiss den Papi kurz ins Bein
    [I bite dad's leg]
    und dann dann schlafe ich einfach ein.
    [and then I simply fall asleep]

...man that is art. :D

Article 5 (Freedom of expression).
    (1) Everyone has the right freely to express and to disseminate his opinion by speech, writing and pictures and freely to inform himself from generally accessible sources. Freedom of the press and freedom of reporting by radio and motion pictures are guaranteed. There shall be no censorship.
    (2) These rights are limited by the provisions of the general laws, the provisions of law for the protection of youth and by the right to inviolability of personal honor.
    (3) Art and science, research and teaching are free. Freedom of teaching does not absolve from loyalty to the constitution.

OP

ilovemarek

Nov 18, 2004
  • Thread Starter #78
    About German music; you have GOT to try Sportfreunde Stiller. Great band, I have one of their albums.

Naturally I informed my German teacher about that and he decided to give me an extra point on my exam; turning it from a fail into a pass :D

The beer and pork in Munich is extremely great!!
    :thumb:

Jan 24, 2004
    they are Bayern fans :undecide: ..Ich Roque! :D

where will you work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)