So Who Should Play for the Azzurri? (5 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #703
    Shut up you people, Amauri doesn't have Italian blood. He's a fake. No to Amauri.

- Guy who has alien blood from Turkmenistan

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I guess I have always been softer on the issue than most. I think that as soon as one officially has citizenship of a country, he should be eligible to play for the national team. I fail to see what blood has to do with it all. Hell, Amauri even sounds Italian, perhaps 10% of his blood is Italian. As soon as someone speaks the language, knows the culture and has been in the country for over a couple of years he qualifies as an Italian. It's the only rational argument. People have always been able to move around, you know..

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #708
    No, Andries, you're wrong. People should not be allowed to move because their blood doesn't permit it. Those in Australia who love the Azzurri need further injections to save their support.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    :lol: They do have medical tests for this you know. The pizza sauce levels as measured in mgl/dl must be at least 200 to be considered of true Italian blood.

Unfortunately, the crackdown against sports blood doping has not covered this yet. Some athletes have been known to gorge on jars of Ragu just before a blood test in order to forge their qualifications, putting much of the world's national sport pedigrees in serious doubt.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    imo, the italian government is taking waaay too long to get him his citizenship....by the time he gets it, he will have been selected by Dunga

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #712
    :lol: They do have medical tests for this you know. The pizza sauce levels as measured in mgl/dl must be at least 200 to be considered of true Italian blood.

Unfortunately, the crackdown against sports blood doping has not covered this yet. Some athletes have been known to gorge on jars of Ragu just before a blood test in order to forge their qualifications, putting much of the world's national sport pedigrees in serious doubt.
    :lol2:

Is this similar to what happens at the Milan Lab?

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #714
    ßüякε;1846882 said:
    No, that involved age-increasing injections of Mutilozamine.
    Although, they do say that a glass of vino a day keeps the doctor away.

This is the secret behind Milan's success. Drunken old guys.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #717
    Amauri delays Azzurri decision

Amauri has delays in getting his Italian citizenship and is tired of the Italy-Brazil debate. “We'll talk when someone calls me.”

The Brazilian Juventus star has hinted he would play for the Azzurri if his homeland did not bring him in for international duty.

However, the option may not be open to him, as there are delays in his wife's citizenship process due to some missing paperwork.

“In these days I have read and heard many things that are simply not true,” said Amauri.

“For this reason, I have no intention of leaning either way. When I receive the call from one of the national teams, and only then, will I make a decision.

“I will get back to talking about international football later on, but for now I am focusing only on Juve. I cannot say what will happen.”

Marcello Lippi had hoped to call Amauri for the February friendly against Brazil at the Emirates Stadium in London, but that now seems very unlikely.

channel 4

Hist

Founder of Hism
    Jan 18, 2009
    they found some shit that his wife couldnt prove she was in italy the last decade or something like that so there are further problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)