So Who Should Play for the Azzurri? (16 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Here is a perfect scenario including Andy and those Italian fans who don't want Amauri to play for Italy because he's not Italian (not even Italien) :

1. Amauri gets the Italian passport and is picked by Lippi to play for Italy.
2. Amauri sucks for the Azzurri and becomes the main reason for the WC 2010 failure.
3. Amauri scores a last minute goal that eliminates the USA from the WC and he scores another last minute goal that eliminates the US from the Confederations Cup.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #683
    Here is a perfect scenario including Andy and those Italian fans who don't want Amauri to play for Italy because he's not Italian (not even Italien) :

2. Amauri sucks for the Azzurri and becomes the main reason for the WC 2010 failure.
    3. Amauri scores a last minute goal that eliminates the USA from the WC and he scores another last minute goal that eliminates the US from the Confederations Cup.
    4. FIFA changes the rules to allowing players to switch full National Teams, Lippi cuts Amauri because of his poor WC, Amauri becomes angry at the abuse he receives from non-Juve supporting Azzurri fans, and leads the United States to victory at World Cup 2014!

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #688
    Anybody who doesn't want Amauri in their team is just an idiot as far as I'm concerned.

I was bombarded with insults on Xtratime because I said it was ridiculous that people wouldn't want such a player on their team, even if he doesn't have Italian ancestry. But of course morons will be morons and hide behind their faux Italian blood.

The player would do wonders for whatever country he plays for.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
    Apr 22, 2005
    True that. Toni is way past his best. And Gila is a small team player.
    I still feel both of them were one or two season wonders...never really consistent

Amauri is a beast... he has great individual talent and is his future looks bright

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006

Or he'll get his Italian passport and Dunga will call him up to claim him for Brazil and then go right back to ignoring him.

JuveYank

Juve Ultra :D
    Jun 29, 2008
    Yes he might not be a natural born Italian but he is soon to be an Italian citizen and he has lived in Italy for many years, he speaks the langauge, and loves the country... sounds like he is Italian to me...

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #697
    I hope Amauri suits up for the Azzurri ASAP, so I can make fun of all the people in this thread who disagreed with me.

It won't be making fun per se, considering that Amauri will help them immensely.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    What I don't really understand is the personal motivation of the players. I could understand that Hleb wants to play for the Azzurri, but if you're Brasilian?

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    What I don't really understand is the personal motivation of the players. I could understand that Hleb wants to play for the Azzurri, but if you're Brasilian?
    in his heart of hearts he probably wishes for the Selecao, but what are you gonna do when you have an assclown like Dunga at the helm

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #700
    Who knows what Amauri feels. But anybody who doesn't want Amauri in their team is an idiot.

That makes Dunga an idiot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)