Simone Zaza (39 Viewers)

How many Goals will Zaza score this season?

• 0-5

• 5-10

• 10-15

• 15 +

• All of them

Results are only viewable after voting.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I always thought this deal was done anticipating we could offload Llorente for a decent value, instead we end up with no buyer for Llorente and on top of that when you got two players , Llorente or Zaza , who you need to keep, and you just ship our the lousier one of two on loan since that's the best we could make off.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I would even sell Llorente and bring back Matri
:tup: We should have done this in the first place. Morata/Mandzukic/Matri and the rest of the money (from Zaza and Llorente) spent elsewhere.

It's all fucked up now. We are struggling to sign a starting 11 quality AM but we threw away 18m for a bench CF that we loan out a few weeks later. I guess we'll never find out what it was all about.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Ok.

So, explain why this was done after June 30th, when it cost Juve an additional 3 million?
check the official agreement on juventus.com

there was never a mention of any fixed price or a buyback at all in the official press release, that was the number spread by journalists (probably due to us receiving 7.5M people assumed the buyback is 15M) so we cant take it as a fact

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
check the official agreement on juventus.com

there was never a mention of any fixed price or a buyback at all in the official press release, that was the number spread by journalists (probably due to us receiving 7.5M people assumed the buyback is 15M) so we cant take it as a fact
Ok. I''l give you that.

However, the fact still remains that this guy was signed two weeks AFTER mandzukic came aboard, while Llorente was, and still is, on the team.

To me, Marotta tried to play his cards in a manner where the acquisition of Zaza would have been motivation for Llorente to accept a cut in salary for the opportunity to return home, whilst still trying to make a good profit for his sale.

One of two things happened. Either A) Llorente didn't want to take a pay cut, or B) Marotta was asking for too much for the sale of a 30 year old striker who had a down year with large wages.

Either way, it appears that Llorente will still be here and an 18 million euro investment that was just done a little over a month ago will be shipped off on loan.

Regardless of one's personal opinions of the players mentioned, this doesn't look good.

In fact, I can't remember the last time this happened.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
West ham is already my favorite EPL club because of Ogbonna. I'm going to cheer hard for them if they can give us back some of the 18m.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Ok. I''l give you that.

However, the fact still remains that this guy was signed two weeks AFTER mandzukic came aboard, while Llorente was, and still is, on the team.

To me, Marotta tried to play his cards in a manner where the acquisition of Zaza would have been motivation for Llorente to accept a cut in salary for the opportunity to return home, whilst still trying to make a good profit for his sale.

One of two things happened. Either A) Llorente didn't want to take a pay cut, or B) Marotta was asking for too much for the sale of a 30 year old striker who had a down year with large wages.

Either way, it appears that Llorente will still be here and an 18 million euro investment that was just done a little over a month ago will be shipped off on loan.

Regardless of one's personal opinions of the players mentioned, this doesn't look good.

In fact, I can't remember the last time this happened.
wasnt Mandzukic bought before the mercato even started? i think we announced Zaza only after the transfer window officially opened, i dont remember it that clearly to say for sure. but thats less important, my point was that Zaza was agreed last summer and that we would have bought him anyway.

to answer you the part about Mandzukic, we 1st have to look at the way these signing happened and why we decided to buy them. with Tevez gone, Llorente completely out of form, our attack was very "light" with Morata the only sure thing (though he is still very young himself) and a young uprising star in Dybala. the Mandzukic signing was needed due to a sudden drop in quality in our attack. im sure you agree with this so i wont go on any longer. the why Zaza after Mandzukic and Llorente still here answers the above part ( he was already agreed). with both incoming, Llorente was the one that should have left, but after refusing Monaco and probably the EPL too, there wasnt much for Marotta to do.

i think Llorente preferred to stay, but made it clear if he would to leave, then only Spain. i dont think Marotta had any problems with the offers for Llorente (they were in the ~10M range i think) since it would have a positive effect on the books for a player we dont use anymore.

if going by whats reported, Zaza and his agent are looking to get loaned due to uncertainty that he will get playing time. probably has to do with Llorente staying in the end.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
18 fukin mils..

If sergio´s theory about marotta buying zaza to force llorente are true (which i doubt), then marotta needs to pay those 18 mils back from his pocket.

He must know that one of his weak points is to sell aging players, or to sell players at all....Llorente had the iaquinta/quags/amauri/Isla case written all over it...yet he decided to play the dangerous game?... i cant believe he is that dumb.

the obvious was to sell llorente/loan first, then look at his options with zaza.

Still..this deal is just too wierd. IMO this deal must be tied with berardi somehow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)