Simone Zaza (7 Viewers)

How many Goals will Zaza score this season?

• 0-5

• 5-10

• 10-15

• 15 +

• All of them

Results are only viewable after voting.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Have a cookie :D :cookie:

This move only makes sense if they it means they sell Llorente in the summer

- - - Updated - - -

Let me do the math here.

Juve originally bought his half from Sampdoria for 1 million.

Juve sold their half to Sassuolo for 7.5 million

Now, Juve have bought him for 15 million

In other words, Juve will have spent 8.5 million for him.
Not bad at all.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

Let me do the math here.

That's pretty sweet a deal actually.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
so happy this is done! A talented young forward who needs to play at Juve and the Italia
Imagine the hustle and bustle and mobility of this guy instead of Llorente, in the 3rd striker role. Right now the Spaniard isn't adding anything but some size.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me do the math here.

He is certainly a lot more mobile than Llorente.

It's possible that this has cemented the notion that at least for this year and next, that Morata will be the first choice striker going forward.
That's pretty sweet a deal actually.
Gents. :tup:

8.5m for a guy that is more of a complete striker and much more mobile than llorente. Well done beppe, well done.

- - - Updated - - -

waste of bloody money :sergio:
:touched:

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
We currently hold just 4 forwards and if Llorente is gone, we'll have Tevez, Morata and Coman.

If Zaza is one of the two new signings (or three, if Coman is set for a loan) id be okay with it, as already stated above, he'd only cost us ~€8m in total.

I like forwards who can create chances on their own and i don't think Zaza can do that (Morata can). But he's definitely an interesting acquisition considering his age and status as rotation player.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
8.5 mill for another depth signing :sigh: Jees when are we actually going to start addressing the starting 11 for a change?
He could theoretically break into the starting 11. But even as it stands now, Morata is continuing to improve anyway so we're fine in that department imo. The only place where we REALLY need a signing for the starting 11 is AM (or wingers) and maybe LB.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
He could theoretically break into the starting 11. But even as it stands now, Morata is continuing to improve anyway so we're fine in that department imo. The only place where we REALLY need a signing for the starting 11 is AM (or wingers) and maybe LB.
yes but at this rate we won't have money to sign a LB or AM because we spent our money on friggin depth again! and resorting on cheap short term ideas or versatile of low quality players to plug the gaps in the mean time

RFSK

Jul 19, 2013
It's all part of the master plan! This kid is gonna come good! By this time next year, i can even see him earning a starting spot...

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
8.5 mill for another depth signing :sigh: Jees when are we actually going to start addressing the starting 11 for a change?
Signing young players is expensive because they have potential and a re-sell value. This summer we signed Pereyra as a depth signing for €15m, but he's shown great potential and could explode in short time and become a €25m+ player. By then you don't even want to sell him. Same goes for Zaza.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Signing young players is expensive because they have potential and a re-sell value. This summer we signed Pereyra as a depth signing for €15m, but he's shown great potential and could explode in short time and become a €25m+ player. By then you don't even want to sell him. Same goes for Zaza.
yea man. people hated the pereyra signing and it was a smart move

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Andy, I think that this one makes sense tough, if you look at it from this perspective.

The general consensus is that this club plays a lot better when Morata is in the starting lineup.

When Llorente is in there, he is so vastly different, that the shape and the tactics have to drastically change.

I think it is safe to say that Zaza's skillset more closely resembles Morata, and therefore in the times that Morata can't start, Zaza can take his place without having to alter anything.

Morata also has skills as a SS, and a partnership with those two leading the attack could cause problems for the opposition.

I think that it is more or less, the reason for this purchase

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
thing is we haven't sold Llorente, nor even look like we will, and I doubt marotta can without loaning him out for the next 5 years with next to no return which makes the money set aside for zaza even more sickening. Just waiting to see Juve splash another 15 mill on berardi next making our grand total spent on 2 players at 30 mill money better spent elsewhere.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Andy, I think that this one makes sense tough, if you look at it from this perspective.

The general consensus is that this club plays a lot better when Morata is in the starting lineup.

When Llorente is in there, he is so vastly different, that the shape and the tactics have to drastically change.

I think it is safe to say that Zaza's skillset more closely resembles Morata, and therefore in the times that Morata can't start, Zaza can take his place without having to alter anything.

Morata also has skills as a SS, and a partnership with those two leading the attack could cause problems for the opposition.

I think that it is more or less, the reason for this purchase
You are talking to Cronios 2.0, Serg. The guy already has it in his mind that this is a bad buy, even for 8m. Pereyra has been improving game by game and it's still stuck in his head that he is useless.

- - - Updated - - -

thing is we haven't sold Llorente, nor even look like we will, and I doubt marotta can without loaning him out for the next 5 years with next to no return which makes the money set aside for zaza even more sickening. Just waiting to see Juve splash another 15 mill on berardi next making our grand total spent on 2 players at 30 mill money better spent elsewhere.
Where the hell do you get your math from? Serg already pointed out Zaza was 8.5m and Berardi likely 15m (unless we sell or include someone in the deal)...Max it's 8.5 + 15 = 23.5

:sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

yea man. people hated the pereyra signing and it was a smart move
They sure did. His potential is there and if he continues on the course he is going he is going to be a fantastic player for us, whether first team or squad. :tup:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
here's some simple maths... we got 15 mill from selling zaza.... KEEP IT! spend it on better players instead of spending it and justifying it with how that figure offsets his previous deals

- - - Updated - - -

jees pereyra made out to be the second coming of zico or something :sergio: yet nobody even knows what his best position is?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
here's some simple maths... we got 15 mill from selling zaza.... KEEP IT! spend it on better players instead of spending it and justifying it with how that figure offsets his previous deals

- - - Updated - - -

jees pereyra made out to be the second coming of zico or something :sergio: yet nobody even knows what his best position is?
-Stop saying he is 15m when in actuality he cost us 8.5m.

-Pereyra is doing fine, in fact, he has consistently gotten better and better.

Only ones justifying their "cost" are the players that got the club a 14 point lead and further than Conte in the CL. But go ahead and try to nullify that like you do everything else.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Thing is, I'm not a big fan of Zaza at all, but I'm just trying to make sense as to why this move is happening. Of course, if Llorente is still on the team next year, then this move makes no sense at all. You simply can't have him on the team as a 5th striker on that salary.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
My bet is Llorente is show the door. We already got Gio out.

Tevez/Dybala
Morata/Zaza
Berardi

That would be nice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)