Simone Zaza (36 Viewers)

How many Goals will Zaza score this season?

• 0-5

• 5-10

• 10-15

• 15 +

• All of them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
you want better than Mandzukic? who would you rather have then? Lewandowski? Cavani? Suarez? Aguero?
Someone who can score. I dont care if he costs 1 dollar. Bu of we can get Cavani why not? he is miles ahead of mandzukic and already saaid he would not mind coming back to serie A (napoli of course but who knows).

So far, im mad that we let go 2 of my fav players (tevez and nando) and brought this guy who was supposed to be llorente on steroids and so far has been very underwhelming, and we seriously need goals.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
But u said mandzukic was atrocious

- - - Updated - - -

Wait you are mad we sold Nando but have someone better?

If you think mandzukic is atrocious then what do you think of Nando? :D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You said 3 goals before, so you was lying.... about his rates, his last 30 games he almost always rate below 7
my post clearly says 2 goals. ratings are not relevant to my point

- - - Updated - - -

And what does your eyes tell you?
not sure what you mean

the whole point was that mr. DUKAC wants to rate strikers by goals only, not by how much they run or anything else. my post was to show him that Zaza has the best goal to minute ratio out of our 4 strikers so if he thinks Zaza is terrible, what does he think about the rest of our strikers, because they arent scoring the goals as much as they should. are all of our strikers terrible then?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Missed the part of that being his criteria and not yours. Wanted to clarify the obvious of judging stats alone being meaningless on its own, Zaza despite scoring effectively 2 goals in lesser minutes is clearly our weakest attacker in overall qualities and ability. That's why I asked what does your eyes say, in case you were misguided by goals per minutes ratio.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
And this is the Zaza thread, but yeah Mandzukic too is very likely to become a mistake acquisition. His overall qualities is bit limited and not really suited for this team, we do not play in a way that ideally brings out the best use out of him. It's too soon to say, but was my fear when we signed him, and it will remain so until it looks better.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Someone who can score. I dont care if he costs 1 dollar. Bu of we can get Cavani why not? he is miles ahead of mandzukic and already saaid he would not mind coming back to serie A (napoli of course but who knows).

So far, im mad that we let go 2 of my fav players (tevez and nando) and brought this guy who was supposed to be llorente on steroids and so far has been very underwhelming, and we seriously need goals.
Mandzukic is a proven goalscorer, no needs to worry. he was injured/out of form for most of the time here and when he starts playing regularly, he will deliver. he was never exactly the most clinical striker out there, so he will be missing chances often, but he will get his 10-15 league goals eventually. he is also someone that adds something extra, his pressing game and defensive contribution and this will be much more noticed against bigger clubs. now, im sure i dont have to explain in detail about Mandzukic to you, but it seems to me that you underrate him a lot, probably has to do with the fact that you love Llorente for some reason. any improvement on Mandzukic, unless we somehow discover a "new Morata" somewhere out there, would cost way too much. the only one we could get is Ibrahimovic who has an expiring contract but would have to accept a huge paycut when he can get much more elsewhere

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
But u said mandzukic was atrocious

- - - Updated - - -

Wait you are mad we sold Nando but have someone better?

If you think mandzukic is atrocious then what do you think of Nando? :D
I think nando would have improved for us this season, as he seemed to be getting on form in our last months or so... but anyways it was too little to late for him, because his form during the whole season was much worst than what mandzukic is doing right now.

Im precisely mad because mandzukic on paper is WAY better than llorente, but still cant deliver for some arcane reasons...so we practically just changed skins. Llorente was a player that loved this team and i really wanted him to have another chance here, but thats another story. The point here is that im demanding much more from mandzukic than llorente and he is failing on this. We were getting nuts at llorente because of his sloppy play, and now we were hyped for mandzu, but he is just so so. I want him to be heads and shoulders more effective than nando,.... in the lines of morata... but i dont know why he is si fuking wasteful and that irks me. He is supposed to be a superb targetman.

For the standards and expectations i have for mandzukic (a player much, much better and with better numbers than llorente) i find his lack of goals and wasted chances atrocious. If he cant deliver, he needs to be sold and we need tofind another effective forward in the line of Morata.

Still, the season is young, but we are trailing hardcore and is not a good sign.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Missed the part of that being his criteria and not yours. Wanted to clarify the obvious of judging stats alone being meaningless on its own, Zaza despite scoring effectively 2 goals in lesser minutes is clearly our weakest attacker in overall qualities and ability. That's why I asked what does your eyes say, in case you were misguided by goals per minutes ratio.
yeah, quite obviously. i like Zaza but even i wouldnt put him ahead of our other 3 strikers.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Kinda madness to do so. But few more opportune goals and I wouldn't be suprised to see reason go out the window with some :D

Though can see him competing with Mandzu if the big guy struggles for form or lack of service. The croat requires crosses to be at his best, while Zaza is more of run into space mobile type. Latter easier to fit in, I mean even Chiellini was finding him with long opening balls in counters :D

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
my post clearly says 2 goals. ratings are not relevant to my point

- - - Updated - - -

not sure what you mean

the whole point was that mr. DUKAC wants to rate strikers by goals only, not by how much they run or anything else. my post was to show him that Zaza has the best goal to minute ratio out of our 4 strikers so if he thinks Zaza is terrible, what does he think about the rest of our strikers, because they arent scoring the goals as much as they should. are all of our strikers terrible then?
That's was exactly the opposite what I wanna say.I say,IN GENERAL,that strikers are usually valued by the amount of goals they scored and not by the meters they ran during the game because they aren't a midfielders.That's why they are strikers and goals are their primary job.This means in particular for Zaza,that, if you can't rate him high as a goalscorer which is his primary job ,then you describe his number of meters/workrate per game as a attribute/plus for him like some of his admirers here do.
Having that in mind I gave the comparing between Zaza and our other strikers (Morata,Dubala and Mandzukic) that, this last three are rated only by scored goals not by metters they ran per game.That doesn't have anything with the fact that Zaza played less then the other strikers and scored awesome amount of 2 goals .So ,no I don't gave a ratings of an attacker by an amount of goals .I just find it strange , an attacker in absence of other attributes to be hailed for his workrate.That's all.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, quite obviously. i like Zaza but even i wouldnt put him ahead of our other 3 strikers.
Well your posts yesterday didn't sound like that.According to them you would put him as our first attacker option.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Mandzukic is a proven goalscorer, no needs to worry. he was injured/out of form for most of the time here and when he starts playing regularly, he will deliver. he was never exactly the most clinical striker out there, so he will be missing chances often, but he will get his 10-15 league goals eventually. he is also someone that adds something extra, his pressing game and defensive contribution and this will be much more noticed against bigger clubs. now, im sure i dont have to explain in detail about Mandzukic to you, but it seems to me that you underrate him a lot, probably has to do with the fact that you love Llorente for some reason. any improvement on Mandzukic, unless we somehow discover a "new Morata" somewhere out there, would cost way too much. the only one we could get is Ibrahimovic who has an expiring contract but would have to accept a huge paycut when he can get much more elsewhere
I dont underrate him,on the other hand.. im expecting a lot from him..and in this moment of needs, we need an experienced player like him to step up and lift the performances of the young ones like Pogba. He, so far, has been not that player.

Yes you mentioned the injuries and what not, ok, kind of understandable... but all i ask for him is to be more clinical. The chances he has been wasted are not ok, it doesnt matter if he has a good curriculum viate, i just cannot accept it. I want goals and now. We need them, and morata alone will not cut it.

Mandzukic is THE one who needs to show the path, as he is the player with the higher pedegree in the forward line.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Kinda madness to do so. But few more opportune goals and I wouldn't be suprised to see reason go out the window with some :D

Though can see him competing with Mandzu if the big guy struggles for form or lack of service. The croat requires crosses to be at his best, while Zaza is more of run into space mobile type. Latter easier to fit in, I mean even Chiellini was finding him with long opening balls in counters :D
thats what i like this season. all our strikers are quite different from each other, which gives Allegri a lot of tactical flexibility.

That's was exactly the opposite what I wanna say.I say,IN GENERAL,that strikers are usually valued by the amount of goals they scored and not by the meters they ran during the game because they aren't a midfielders.That's why they are strikers and goals are their primary job.This means in particular for Zaza,that, if you can't rate him high as a goalscorer which is his primary job ,then you describe his number of meters/workrate per game as a attribute/plus for him like some of his admirers here do.
Having that in mind I gave the comparing between Zaza and our other strikers (Morata,Dubala and Mandzukic) that, this last three are rated only by scored goals not by metters they ran per game.That doesn't have anything with the fact that Zaza played less then the other strikers and scored awesome amount of 2 goals .So ,no I don't gave a ratings of an attacker by an amount of goals .I just find it strange , an attacker in absence of other attributes to be hailed for his workrate.That's all.

- - - Updated - - -

Well your posts yesterday didn't sound like that.According to them you would put him as our first attacker option.
so what problem did you have with people yesterday praising Zazas workrate? after a few posts that were praising him, you wrote that strikers should normally be rated by goals scored, not by meters run so obviously you didnt like him getting praised.

the only thing my posts pointed out was that Zaza has the best goals per minute ratio out of our strikers, nothing more nothing less

I dont underrate him,on the other hand.. im expecting a lot from him..and in this moment of needs, we need an experienced player like him to step up and lift the performances of the young ones like Pogba. He, so far, has been not that player.

Yes you mentioned the injuries and what not, ok, kind of understandable... but all i ask for him is to be more clinical. The chances he has been wasted are not ok, it doesnt matter if he has a good curriculum viate, i just cannot accept it. I want goals and now. We need them, and morata alone will not cut it.

Mandzukic is THE one who needs to show the path, as he is the player with the higher pedegree in the forward line.
Mandzukic was never the most clinical striker. he was wasting quite a number of chances at Wolfsburg and Bayern (Atletico probably too, but i havent followed him much there). he has other qualities that make him different from other strikers. remember how he destroyed us 3 years ago? he didnt score in Munchen but he was still the most influential player for them. thats what we should expect from him here, especially in big games. he wont score 20-25 goals in the league, hes never done that. he is always scoring 10-15 goals but scoring when it matters, providing that little extra when the rest of the team isnt performing. currently, he isnt doing much of that, as i said he hasnt been in top form and was injured, but as the season goes on, we will see more of this. wait and see

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
thats what i like this season. all our strikers are quite different from each other, which gives Allegri a lot of tactical flexibility.

so what problem did you have with people yesterday praising Zazas workrate? after a few posts that were praising him, you wrote that strikers should normally be rated by goals scored, not by meters run so obviously you didnt like him getting praised.

the only thing my posts pointed out was that Zaza has the best goals per minute ratio out of our strikers, nothing more nothing less

Mandzukic was never the most clinical striker. he was wasting quite a number of chances at Wolfsburg and Bayern (Atletico probably too, but i havent followed him much there). he has other qualities that make him different from other strikers. remember how he destroyed us 3 years ago? he didnt score in Munchen but he was still the most influential player for them. thats what we should expect from him here, especially in big games. he wont score 20-25 goals in the league, hes never done that. he is always scoring 10-15 goals but scoring when it matters, providing that little extra when the rest of the team isnt performing. currently, he isnt doing much of that, as i said he hasnt been in top form and was injured, but as the season goes on, we will see more of this. wait and see
I don't have any problems with people praising Zaza.Praise him as much as you want.It's your opinion .I don't rate him high.That's my opinion.Since when different opinions are problem?I wrote post thatt the work rate of Zaza is irrelevant because I think, that ,for him ,as a scorer ,other things than meters per game are important/essential.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I'm not sure his best position is even striker. Maybe defensive mid. Although his passing would be exposed there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)