Simone Pepe (11 Viewers)

Should Juve buy Pepe in the summer?

• Yes, he's useful

• No, we don't need him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Yeah, but reality is what it is, Rami. The FIGC are a bunch of corrupt, inbred muppets, who clearly don't like Juventus.

Appeal the decision, move forward - hopefully it will be reduced. These bastards have screwed us much bigger than this, everyone knows the sporting trial process is corrupt as hell, it's a goddam joke. The fact that we get two important pieces of the team back (good locker room guys too - Pepe's value is in some of those related intangibles, for sure), is important. Conte still gets to train the club, there's quite a bit of leadership on this team, I don't expect us to capitulate.

Hate to say it, as it's terribly cliché, but adversity builds character. This squad has lots of talent, is young and improving, and this will serve us well in the future. We still have all the pieces to win Serie A right now; CF and a LWB, and we're going to be a handful for clubs in Europe - whether Conte is on the bench during matches, or not.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
RAMI¹⁰;3799605 said:
Conte is irreplacable, Pepe is.
Yes, but let me tell you one thing. Next season, I believe it's important that we have all of "Conte's men" available. The entire group is one of those, but some more than others. If there's one player who would break himself in half for Conte, it's this guy. I'm very happy that he won't be banned. He's gonna play his heart out for Conte. The same goes with people like Marchisio, Vucinic, Barzagli, Bonucci and Vidal I think.

Forza Pepe!

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Yeah, but reality is what it is, Rami. The FIGC are a bunch of corrupt, inbred muppets, who clearly don't like Juventus.

Appeal the decision, move forward - hopefully it will be reduced. These bastards have screwed us much bigger than this, everyone knows the sporting trial process is corrupt as hell, it's a goddam joke. The fact that we get two important pieces of the team back (good locker room guys too - Pepe's value is in some of those related intangibles, for sure), is important. Conte still gets to train the club, there's quite a bit of leadership on this team, I don't expect us to capitulate.

Hate to say it, as it's terribly cliché, but adversity builds character. This squad has lots of talent, is young and improving, and this will serve us well in the future. We still have all the pieces to win Serie A right now; CF and a LWB, and we're going to be a handful for clubs in Europe - whether Conte is on the bench during matches, or not.
:tup:

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Yes, but let me tell you one thing. Next season, I believe it's important that we have all of "Conte's men" available. The entire group is one of those, but some more than others. If there's one player who would break himself in half for Conte, it's this guy. I'm very happy that he won't be banned. He's gonna play his heart out for Conte. The same goes with people like Marchisio, Vucinic, Barzagli, Bonucci and Vidal I think.

Forza Pepe!
I just realise I miss del piero even more now. :(

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006

Couldn't agree anymore... Top post :tup:

Forza Pepe!
I'm with you. I didn't say I want Pepe to be banned, I just was stressing that Conte's importance to Juve is more than that of Pepe!
In fact I like Pepe as a player and as a man :tup:

Juve Fanatico

Aug 20, 2010

Forza Pepe!
Agree completely. Great point.

I'd add Lichtsteiner to that list, too.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I used to hate Pepe due to his obvious lack of skill. But he has a lot of heart and he was important last year, mainly in the first part of the season.

But honestly, we need to improve the squad quality. I think Carrera will do many things Conte want and prioritize 3-5-2, where Pepe doesn't even have a place on the bench. He'll play a few games in serie A and Coppa. He's important for the squad in personal terms, probably, but I'd rather get 6/7M and invest in quality upfront or for the LWB, the positions where we really need it.

Mar 9, 2006
I used to hate Pepe due to his obvious lack of skill. But he has a lot of heart and he was important last year, mainly in the first part of the season.

But honestly, we need to improve the squad quality. I think Carrera will do many things Conte want and prioritize 3-5-2, where Pepe doesn't even have a place on the bench. He'll play a few games in serie A and Coppa. He's important for the squad in personal terms, probably, but I'd rather get 6/7M and invest in quality upfront or for the LWB, the positions where we really need it.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
lol

counting on a LWB, good CF and possibly Pazzini coming on:

Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Isla, Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio, De Ceglie/LWB; Vucinic, CF

bench: Storari, Lucio, Caceres/Litchsteiner, Asamoah, Pepe/Giaccherini/Pogba/Marrone, Giovinco, Matri/Quagliarella/Pazzini

I mean, Giovinco would be a certainty in the bench, just as Asamoah and one out of Matri/Quagliarella/Pazzini (if he comes). There would be one vacancy for either Pepe/Giaccherini/Pogba/Marrone, reminding that the scheme is 3-5-2 and Pepe is a RW, rarely being used as a forward or a RWB.

So being optimistic he would rotate on the bench. That's not much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)