Simone Pepe (50 Viewers)

Should Juve buy Pepe in the summer?

• Yes, he's useful

• No, we don't need him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Pepe's performances havent even been that good.
And his performances last season weren't that bad, in general.

I don't think Pepe is playing significantly better this season. It's just that the team is functioning well, so his performance level appears to have gone up.

Last season, because the mechanisms of the team weren't working, Juve had to rely on an individual doing something special to score (Krasic, a lot of the time).

This season, the team is much better organised, so are scoring goals through good movement and keeping a high tempo to put teams under pressure, which suits Pepe infinitely more than having to doing something technically brilliant.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Well said, Juve-Red.

Sadly, this is something most people can't seem to grasp.

This "new & improved" Pepe, is actually the exact same player as we saw last season.
Still error prone, still technically underwhelming, still unable to beat his marker in a direct confrontation, still clumsy, ...
And still working hard, still running around like crazy, still a nuissance to the other team, still positionally aware most of the times, ...

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Well said, Juve-Red.

This "new & improved" Pepe, is actually the exact same player as we saw last season.
Still error prone, still technically underwhelming, still unable to beat his marker in a direct confrontation, still clumsy, ...
And still working hard, still running around like crazy, still a nuissance to the other team, still positionally aware most of the times, ...
Still a poor men's Kuijt?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
And his performances last season weren't that bad, in general.

I don't think Pepe is playing significantly better this season. It's just that the team is functioning well, so his performance level appears to have gone up.

Last season, because the mechanisms of the team weren't working, Juve had to rely on an individual doing something special to score (Krasic, a lot of the time).

This season, the team is much better organised, so are scoring goals through good movement and keeping a high tempo to put teams under pressure, which suits Pepe infinitely more than having to doing something technically brilliant.
I agree (except the bit about his performances being not bad least season) and that's why my opinion on him has changed so little.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Well said, Juve-Red.

And still astonishingly mediocre.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)