Simone Pepe (94 Viewers)

Should Juve buy Pepe in the summer?

• Yes, he's useful

• No, we don't need him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Pepe is ok for now, when we are playing once a week, and in a weakened Serie A, with some teams focusing elsewhere. However, once we qualify for the CL next season, there is no way that this guy should be starting. We'll be playing more games, and we'll obviously need someone with more creativity and talent in certain games. We have no one in our current 11 that gives us that spark, that element of surprise. I'm sure there are other wingers out there who can adapt to our system, run just as well as Pepe, have good off the ball movement, make menacing runs into the box, and are far more creative and unpredictable.

When we had Zidane and DP in his prime, we had not one, but two players who could grant us the victory at any given moment in time. We were almost invincible!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Well, that's an insult if ever I saw one.

The irony being that many Liverpool fans love Kuijt as they appreciate his effort, whereas it seems many Juve fans think every one of our players should be like Zidane, or at least have a Youtube video to fap over.
Not an insult at all, Kuijt is loved everywhere and mostly for his hard work rate, Pepe is doing the same here.

I don't get the Kuyt hate. I would love someone like him instead of pepe.
Who's hating? The guy has 4 lungs, but he's lacking speed atm, hopefully he's ready for the EC2012!

Kuyt is great and is an expert on scoring on goalkeepers rebounds.
True!

Kuyt is much better than Pepe.

Not even close, actually.
Ofcourse he is but Pepe is faster.

Juventino[RUS];3367727 said:
Fuck Kuuyt kayt Koit kejt or whatever! It's pepino's thread!
Pepino? That's what you call your idol?

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
And his performances last season weren't that bad, in general.

I don't think Pepe is playing significantly better this season. It's just that the team is functioning well, so his performance level appears to have gone up.

Last season, because the mechanisms of the team weren't working, Juve had to rely on an individual doing something special to score (Krasic, a lot of the time).

This season, the team is much better organised, so are scoring goals through good movement and keeping a high tempo to put teams under pressure, which suits Pepe infinitely more than having to doing something technically brilliant.
Exactly, Pepe got hate from the get go just because he wasn't a fashionable signing. I would even say he was one of the better players for us last season, but this is no great achievement.

He is a decent squad player, and always was. He deserves to play until someone better steps up.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Me neither.

Pepe is a decent player in a working team. If the team plays well - his blunders goes unnoticed. If the team sucks, his blunders are exposed.
I don't think it's so much that Pepe is making any huge blunders, he is just a very limited player. He has a limited set of skills he brings to the team and when things aren't working for us offensively he isn't the type of player to make a difference.

although I somewhat disagree with those who say that Pepe is playing just like he was last season and the only difference is the team around him. IMO his movement, the accuracy of his short passing, and his general teamplay have improved significantly under Conte.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
He was simply horrible and a pain to watch last year. He's definitely improved under Conte but he's still not good, he's decent.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
It can't be that hard to improve when you are absolute shit really.

It's like a 5"7 dude weighing 320 pounds. If he loses 20 pounds, it's an improvement. After all, things can't get much worse for him, or he risks dying, so the 20 pound loss is an improvement, albeit a slight one. However, were he to lose 120 pounds, than that would be a massive improvement. It's like Pepe transforming into Hazard or Robben. It's not going to ever happen, let alone happen overnight.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
It can't be that hard to improve when you are absolute shit really.

It's like a 5"7 dude weighing 320 pounds. If he loses 20 pounds, it's an improvement. After all, things can't get much worse for him, or he risks dying, so the 20 pound loss is an improvement, albeit a slight one. However, were he to lose 120 pounds, than that would be a massive improvement. It's like Pepe transforming into Hazard or Robben. It's not going to ever happen, let alone happen overnight.
Leave Pepe alone he has played like Pele resurrected this year. I'd extend his contract by another 10 years on 10m a year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)