Simone Pepe - Winger - Udinese (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2009
Guys, according to what a recall from yesterday game(and I might be wrong, cuz I watched the game for 10min), Pepe played on the left wing and also according to some sites, he played most of the Udine games on the left too...so clearly they are bringing him for the left side and he is in no way jeopardizing Krasic's arrival.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Man, i was so optimistic when Marotta arrived, i thought he will change some things, but I never, ever imagined he'll sign such a mediocre player only because he is Italian. Krasic worth at least 10 millions more than him and if we lose him only because of Pepe, our ambitions can be matched with, let's say, Genoa... Terrible, terrible news... Pepe? Come ooooooooon! Wake me up...

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #168
    We're doubling his value. I don't want him to start though, that's the biggest worry. I can live with him sitting on the bench.
    He would be a decent back up.

On the other, there NO way I'd sign this guy, especially for the price mentioned. There is no way he's worth and I can't believe we're not looking for some other player seeing how much are we "offering".

Of course, I'm saying all this considering 12mln offer. Even if it's 10 it's too much IMO but this is just a joke. 12mln for mediocrity, wtf? Kinda weird when you think about it, adding 5mln would make us get Sanchez for example...and we're doing this.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
    Come on, let's sign Rodriguez, he can play on the left, watched him couple of times this season and, of course, Krasic for the right flank. Pepe is not for us. Marotta, Del Neri, you're not in Sampdoria anymore, there's no need for such transfer, we need far more better players if we want to do something good. Damn, i pissed off.

May 22, 2007
    Of course, I'm saying all this considering 12mln offer. Even if it's 10 it's too much IMO but this is just a joke. 12mln for mediocrity, wtf? Kinda weird when you think about it, adding 5mln would make us get Sanchez for example...and we're doing this.
    Adding 5m is Sánchez, taking 5m is Rodríguez, even for 12m we could go after Candreva.

I think if the deal goes through, I'd like to see what other purchases we make for the wings before calling out Marotta.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #174
    nothing is official yet guys. wait till we have at least the first signing and then start judging...
    It's not but there a meeting apparently and it's close.

Moan now or latter, what is the difference... I now moan about his price, if we sign him it will be around 10mln most likely which is retarded.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #175
    Adding 5m is Sánchez, taking 5m is Rodríguez, even for 12m we could go after Candreva.

I think if the deal goes through, I'd like to see what other purchases we make for the wings before calling out Marotta.
    I hate doing that.

Even if we make a good team and use Pepe to improve depth it's still a retarded move. We're throwing away money for nothing because he simply isn't worth it.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Now I am in no way trying to defend, or justify, Pepe's purchase, but didn't we buy a pretty "average" player from Verona, called Camoranesi, back in 2002, for something around 10m? Look how he turned out.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #178
    Now I am in no way trying to defend, or justify, Pepe's purchase, but didn't we buy a pretty "average" player from Verona, called Camoranesi, back in 2002, for something around 10m? Look how he turned out.
    Camo was younger, technically gifted and way more talented. I'm pretty sure this is what we'll see from Pepe. I highly doubt a player like him can reach the higher level.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    I a Iya I don't know what to say. Huh, err, I'm shocked, pissed, destroyed!!! 12 fuckin' millions euros for Simone "Who the f*ck are you" Pepe?

Seriously, I think Taddei for free was better. :sergio:

12m for a backup? I doubt it. He'll freakin' start! If it was 6-8m and he'd play once in a while I wouldn't be really pissed.

We're getting a couple of starting wingers right? :scared:

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #180
    I a Iya I don't know what to say. Huh, err, I'm shocked, pissed, destroyed!!! 12 fuckin' millions euros for Simone "Who the f*ck are you" Pepe?

Seriously, I think Taddei for free was better. :sergio:

12m for a backup? I doubt it. If it was 6-8m and he'd play once in a while I wouldn't be really pissed.

We're getting a couple of starting wingers right? :scared:
    Why back up? I see he's planned to play on the left. 12mln was a media number IMO, I don't think we'll do that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)