Simone Pepe - Winger - Udinese (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #182
    So when did SKY become remotely reliable again? The shit they've come up with over the past weeks wasn't any better than Tuttosport.
    What did they miss so far?

All of the meeting they mentioned did happen. They didn't say it's official anyway.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Camo was younger, technically gifted and way more talented. I'm pretty sure this is what we'll see from Pepe. I highly doubt a player like him can reach the higher level.
    Camo was 26 in 2002, same age as Pepe is now. At the time we bought him, I doubt anyone knew anything about Camo, let alone how technically talented he was. Camo was in fact a sweet deal with a fair share of luck.

I'm not saying it will happen with Pepe, but after all the Tiago's, Almiron's and Melo's, we're bound to strike gold sooner than later. Who knows.

Djabrail

May 23, 2008
    Now I am in no way trying to defend, or justify, Pepe's purchase, but didn't we buy a pretty "average" player from Verona, called Camoranesi, back in 2002, for something around 10m? Look how he turned out.
    Are u serious?..........Camor was 25 and made directly difference. He was unknown player, that didnt play at the big stage. Pepe is going to the WC and he is a finished product thatve been around for a quite some time. So no, big NO to him, as a "new" Camor.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    Camo was 26 in 2002, same age as Pepe is now. At the time we bought him, I doubt anyone knew anything about Camo, let alone how technically talented he was. Camo was in fact a sweet deal with a fair share of luck.

I'm not saying it will happen with Pepe, but after all the Tiago's, Almiron's and Melo's, we're bound to strike gold sooner than later. Who knows.
    Pretty different players (in terms of style), but you do have a point.

In fact, back then, Camo wasn't even near the level that Pepe is right now imo.

I still don't want him though :D

mondo1

May 14, 2006

hehe thats like saying you will win the lottery cause u did not win it before :D

srsly pepe is a proven medicore player....

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #189

I thought he was younger.

Not many people knew Camo and he was an amazing transfer, true. On the other side, people know Pepe and know he's limited, so why buy him? One match was enough to say that Camo is talented. One season and it's not the same deal with Pepe, so why throw all those millions if he's just average at best and already over 25?

Maybe he can shine...chances are 0.1

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Are u serious?..........Camor was 24 and made directly difference. He was unknown player, that didnt play at the big stage. Pepe is going to the WC and he is a finished product that been around for a quite some time. So no, big NO to him, as a "new" Camor.
    You so did not get what I'm trying to say.

And Camoranesi was born in '76.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
    Aug 17, 2007
    If I weren't so lazy I'd look for more examples Dusan, but according to SKY we've already signed Krasic. Where is he?

There's been a few cases where they've said 'done deal' and fuck all happened.

I'll just wait til the player, the agent or our club says it's official. I don't get excited over seeing SKY in blue anymore.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    "Pepe, who appeared in last night’s 2-1 loss to Mexico, will net approximately €650,000 a season and will be handed a three or four year contract."

That's pretty cheap if it's true. If he gets 650k a year then only Manninger and Ariaudo will be earning less than him.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #193
    Pretty different players (in terms of style), but you do have a point.

In fact, back then, Camo wasn't even near the level that Pepe is right now imo.
    What are you talking about? You always seem to defend whatever we do. Nothing weird about that but sometimes it's too much.

You don't want him but you think he's on a higher level than old Camo. So tell me, why is he good and how can he be worth as much? What did he show? Saying he plays for Italy is nothing as this is the weakest Italy ever.

He tries and runs? That would cost us 10mln much?

Even if we don't buy him, tell me how can he possibly be any good?

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #196
    "Pepe, who appeared in last night’s 2-1 loss to Mexico, will net approximately €650,000 a season and will be handed a three or four year contract."

That's pretty cheap if it's true. If he gets 650k a year then only Manninger and Ariaudo will be earning less than him.
    Is that a positive thing?

And how much was he payed?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Is that a positive thing?

And how much was he payed?
    If we sign him then it's positive, of course.
    I doubt anyone here wants him signed. But we can't changed that, can we? So if we're signing him anyway, then it's sure better if he earns 650k a year than the 2.5-3m eur a year we've been paying for Almiron, Poulsen, Andrade or Tiago.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)