Should Zambrotta be fined/suspended for admitting to diving? (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Well I never really said Nedved sets a standard for fair play, just that Juve isn't a team known for having so much of a repeat offender.

When people talk about Roma's players, u automatically think of Totti the pearl fisherman, and in the case of Milan, frail frail Inzaghi.

Not so with Juve. It's like Arsenal, I don't consider them to be a team of divers, because that Pires incident was 1 in a dozen...

Buy on AliExpress.com

kharbana

Jul 7, 2003
Guly from Bologna in other match made a goal with his hand...and then he admited that...so FIGC will keep his goal...come on....how many players don't do the same what Zambro make.....

People sometimes make this stuff too big...
Just coz was Juve player....
Totti made it every time...
Roberto Carlos , Ronaldo in MAdrid made it millions of time...

For love of God...

Byez :fero:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

BUT... speaking about criminal law... ;)
To get lower punishment, they thief must do two things together: to admit AND to repair a damage to property.
Really?

I think even murderers get let out early on good behaviour bonds... maybe the fact that they show remorse and genuinely show themselves to have changed their ways, is healing enough for the families of the victims...

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

No, but Zambro's not asking for anyone to ignore it or acquit him of anything, he made a simple statement: "I dived", without knowing what kind of consequences there would be. In the legal system (here at least) if a criminal shows remorse for what they've done and behaves well in prison, they let him out earlier on "good behaviour".
Read my post above this one.

The key point is, Zambro never asked for any reward for his honesty . If he was only thinking of his own good, then he wouldn't have said anything, but it seems that his integrity is worth more to him than a penalty, and I thoroughyl respect him for that.
That honesty would be useful during the match, not after.
And I would respect him then.

I'm not saying, that he did totally wrong admitting that after the match, but it was completely useless - post above again.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002

Really?

I think even murderers get let out early on good behaviour bonds... maybe the fact that they show remorse and genuinely show themselves to have changed their ways, is healing enough for the families of the victims...
I was speaking about thieves, not murderers, they are not the same as you know ;)
And that example I said was only about thieves, cause they are able to repair demage: they can give back some thing to owner.

Murders will never take back someone's life, no matter what, and no matter what remorse he would have - his remorses dont bring you back member of your family.

So forget about murderers when I say sth about thieves :)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Murders will never take back someone's life, no matter what, and no matter what remorse he would have - his remorses dont bring you back member of your family.
That was my point, u said that thieves have to repair the damages... now murderers can't do that, but even murderers get let out early if they're remorseful

gray

Apr 22, 2003

That honesty would be useful during the match, not after.
And I would respect him then.

I'm not saying, that he did totally wrong admitting that after the match, but it was completely useless - post above again.
My point is, he did all that he could do... now during the match, all the players are very focused on just winning, and when someone makes contact with him in the penalty box, he has 1/4 of a second to decide what to do, and he did what most players would do in that situation, he won the penalty....

But after all the commotion, and when he had more time to think of his reaction, his honesty showed through.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002

That was my point, u said that thieves have to repair the damages... now murderers can't do that, but even murderers get let out early if they're remorseful

So??

How on earth have you come from Zambro and my example with thief to murders? :D

As I said earlier: there is no point comparing those two.

And remorses are NOT the repair of damage!

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002

My point is, he did all that he could do... now during the match, all the players are very focused on just winning, and when someone makes contact with him in the penalty box, he has 1/4 of a second to decide what to do, and he did what most players would do in that situation, he won the penalty....

But after all the commotion, and when he had more time to think of his reaction, his honesty showed through.

You've got your point here.
But still his honesty after was nice, but useless - and this is the most important for me.

gray

Apr 22, 2003

And remorses are NOT the repair of damage!
I'm not saying that it repairs the damage, but the fact that the justic system is more likely to allows murderers out of jail if they show remorse, means that honesty and remorse is valued somewhat in our society outside of football

As for his honesty being useless, I've said this many times, but it's better than nothing, which is what most players give...

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002

I'm not saying that it repairs the damage, but the fact that the justic system is more likely to allows murderers out of jail if they show remorse, means that honesty and remorse is valued somewhat in our society outside of football
Yes they are... but so what is someone is dead?
Remorses are cool for murderer, but not for family, who lost some member of them.

You're thinking about one side, and I about the other: about people who lost sth, so they dont care about remorses.

Do you think, that people who lost the match care that much, that someone admitted that after the match?
At least not me.

As for his honesty being useless, I've said this many times, but it's better than nothing, which is what most players give...
Maybe better than nothing, but still a nice try to show himself as a fair guy, when it doesnt affect the match.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
i think its cool that he admitted it, but why do it if youre gonna do it after the matchs over? all youre gonna do is cause more controversy

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
cuz its juve, its a huge issue. this stuff happens every week in the football world and yet, nothing is remotely said.

if he gets fined or banned, then expect inzaghi to retire and the likes of totti to miss a half season.

come on, even if he didnt come out with it, its not like we didnt know that he dove.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #54
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    Just gonna repeat what I said in the other thread (since this is its relevant thread)....

Ok then why wasn't such a point raised when Nedved dived against Roma last year? And he even shouted to the Roma players that it was a penalty when it was quite obvious that he dived!

Zambrotta had the balls to admit it, other players don't! If he gets fined or sanctioned I hope that the next time he does it, he will lie or at least not say anything.

Where are we going? Encouraging players to lie and not admit their responsabilities.

If we had to sanction or fine each player that dives and admits and not sanction those that dive and don't admit, well then that's a pretty ****ed up logic.
    If a player admits to cheating and you don't do anything, that means you're fine with it.

Sep 28, 2002

Yes they are... but so what is someone is dead?
    Remorses are cool for murderer, but not for family, who lost some member of them.

You're thinking about one side, and I about the other: about people who lost sth, so they dont care about remorses.

Do you think, that people who lost the match care that much, that someone admitted that after the match?
    At least not me.

Maybe better than nothing, but still a nice try to show himself as a fair guy, when it doesnt affect the match.
    vit, it's european court of human rights for you. you'll be a great lawyer. i just read and learn from. :thumb:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Why are comparing Zambrotta to a thief or murderer :eek:

Alex yes you have a good point, but what would have been worse: If he did what he did, admitting he dived, or denying he dived when it's so obvious he did? It owuld have been really stupid of him to say he did not dive.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    The question is, Should Zambrotta be fined/suspended for admitting to diving?
    In an ideal football world my answer would be yes (Zambrotta should be banned for 3 matches by the FIGC & fined a weeks wage by Juve) & Juve penalised too - Say deduct the goal & consequently two points.
    But who lives in an ideal world?

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    That would be too big a punishment. Why punish a player who is repentant and will think twice next time before doing it, when you could punish players who do it week in, week out and never admit?

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    A stiffer penalty should be imposed on a player who does it and the ref catches him. As for those who get away with it then remember a thief has 40 days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)