Should Zambrotta be fined/suspended for admitting to diving? (3 Viewers)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++
Such rules/punishments would be hard to make and enforce because....... if 22 players can cause organised violence on the pitch.........what can 60k crazy fans do?

Diving wise....... what are the advantages of diving???? Penalty...which practically equals a goal.

If you make take away this advantage, or if you decide to impose some kind of punishment to players who dive........fans will go absolutely nuts.....and they are the greatest force to deal with in a game.
Do the fans riot every time they get cheated by a diver? Or by an off the ball incident that the ref missed? Or by a wrong call of off-side?

How about everyone in the Stade Delli Alpe threatens to riot unless Juve win the next home match? Threaten the ref with his life?

The fans can't dictate the rules. That's anarchy.

If there's crowd trouble, do like what happened to Napoli (?) recently - a five match ban on home games. If the fans don't like their players being punished for diving, they should pressure their players not to dive.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

Do the fans riot every time they get cheated by a diver? Or by an off the ball incident that the ref missed? Or by a wrong call of off-side?

How about everyone in the Stade Delli Alpe threatens to riot unless Juve win the next home match? Threaten the ref with his life?

The fans can't dictate the rules. That's anarchy.

If there's crowd trouble, do like what happened to Napoli (?) recently - a five match ban on home games. If the fans don't like their players being punished for diving, they should pressure their players not to dive.
no, i don't mean about every small incident, and yes, what you've mentioned in the last paragraph is good.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
I personally feel that diving incidents should be looked at by a video panel, and that appropriate suspensions should be handed out.

Diving is cheating, just like clothes-lining someone on the pitch is cheating. If guys like Inzagi, who spends more time lying down than an invalid, were punished for every incident, it would curtail the habit. Well,maybe not Inzagai's, but who'd pay for a striker who misses ten or twelve matches a year because of suspensions.

I would also suggest that a goal from a penalty won by a dive should be appealable. If someone dived to win a penalty which changed the course of the match, say from 1-1 to 2-1, then the match should go down as a 1-1 draw.

My suggestions would
  • Remove the benefits of diving.
  • Punish those who dive anyway.

Can anyone tell me why that would be a bad thing? And don't give me that shite about how it's engrained in Italian football - I'm suggesting you take a belt sander to that.
Too messy... the best to remouve mostly of the ref's mistake it will be to have the possibility to review slowly the most controversial things in a video during the match.
But this will make matches more slow ruining the schow...

Anycase... why are you guys so sorry with Bologna??? Didn't they win to Udinese thanks to a Guly goal made with a hand last sunday???
Ok to be disappointed with Zambro, but not to be sorry 4 Bologna... they stole 2 points to Udinese and they have been stolen 1 by Juve... that's soccer...

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
Should he be fined for admitting he dived?
Should we start fining players if they admit they did an illegal tackle aswell?

These type of things happen all the time, in every game(almost).

He should get credit for being brave and admitting that he cheated. He obviously regrets what he did and that is enough. I am proud of him.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Not proud cause he could avoid diving. But with so many players who dives and than deny it in a ridicolous way he admitted it at list... in an unsporty thing he did a sporty one.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002

Why is it harsh? Watch video clips of English football thirty years ago, and you'll see an organised fight. Violence has been largely eliminated by stricter controls, and if a Giles or a Bremner played today, he'd be sent off every match. Why not get rid of diving the same way? It'sjust a matter of making the advantages of cheating so small compaired to the potential cost that it isn't worth doing.

It would also improve the quality of football we watch. Imagine the really technically gifted players like Figo, Totti or Duff were forced to stay up under fair challenges - you'd see them beating two of three players at a time because they have to, instead of half-beating one and then falling over.
for sure the quality of football will improve, but to hcnage the result of a game is not good. could you imagine what will happen if the FA decides to change a result of a game?
:eek: :eek: I don't want to imagine.

because the certain game could have been affected by more than one mistake, even if they'r just tiny mistakes. and like I said, almost all the mistakes are debatable! so one may think the referee was right, and another may think he was wrong. so your suggestion is actually just making the favourism problem even worse. football will become war. to change the result because one mistake or another, is not good at all.

hey looks at Mate's example.. football balances eventually! I think the rules are good as they are now. of course there is a lot of room for improvments, but not too harsh!

and stop with the Totti comparison, it has nothing to do with this discussion.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Tonight there was the 'Processo di Biscardi' football program (quite popular in Italy) and well they were trying to see if it was really a dive and they came up with a really good point:

Zambrotta is running very fast towards the area and when he reaches the ball, his foot hits the ball in an awkward way and the ball trips him. Don't forget that Zambrotta did not say he dived, he said that he felt a minimal contact which probably was him hitting the ball.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
Anycase... why are you guys so sorry with Bologna??? Didn't they win to Udinese thanks to a Guly goal made with a hand last sunday???
Ok to be disappointed with Zambro, but not to be sorry 4 Bologna... they stole 2 points to Udinese and they have been stolen 1 by Juve... that's soccer...
I dont feel sorry for them at all, if you think so, you didnt get me at all.

++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
and stop with the Totti comparison, it has nothing to do with this discussion.
But I was right with that, wasnt I?
btw: it wasnt a comparison, I used his name as an example.

Good post, Vit.

Someone once said that referees have a hard time because fans don't want the rules enforced fairly, but rather they want them enforced in their teams favour.
ty ;)

And yes, that's right.

++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++
Thanks Vit. I felt i had my head on the chopping block after posting that :D
Ivy, I was: :eek: wth is chopping block? :D
After I figured out, I got :stress: cause my head seems to be also there :D

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
:wallbang:
I don't understand why Zizou & Oded are not getting the point Vit, Mikhail & I are putting across. The thread has a simple question and we have provided our thoughts on this.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
My opinion.

He dived, and of course thats not good. But he took the right decition by admitting it. It was a very good answer from him, and even the bologna coach praised it.

Just imagine that he was now like "No!! i didnt dived!! i swear!!", when the video shows another hting...it would be so shamefull and disrespectful to everyone.

The only complain i have about using in-game videos,,,is that it will slow the game......but if a solution for this can be found,,well use it!.

Zambrotta is not that kind of player who loves ot cheat!, and he did that almost automatic. Even nedved dives more times than him.

Maybe he should be fined, but this will not fix the problem. IMO the solution is in the videos.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Tonight there was the 'Processo di Biscardi' football program (quite popular in Italy) and well they were trying to see if it was really a dive and they came up with a really good point:

Zambrotta is running very fast towards the area and when he reaches the ball, his foot hits the ball in an awkward way and the ball trips him. Don't forget that Zambrotta did not say he dived, he said that he felt a minimal contact which probably was him hitting the ball.
Interesting...

does anyone know what his exact words are? (Translated would help)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
After the match you mean gray? He said something like "I felt a minimal contact so I accentuated the dive, but I'm not sure so I will rewatch it on tv tonigh to be able to judge it better. The referee could have either blown a penalty or booked me for simulation."

That's from memory so it's not word by word, but most critics were agreeing that he did not simulate cos he was coming in very fast and his foot hit the ball in a wrong way which made him fall.

DaJuve - Well if we are not getting your point, you three are not getting ours either ;)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Referees In Favour Of Video Evidence

Following the Gianluca Zambrotta incident in last weekend's Juventus-Bologna match, the referees have waged war on the divers.

The referee designator, Paolo Bergamo, stated that, "I hope the FIGC guards us with the help of video evidence; the referees need protection."

The president of the Footballers Association, Sergio Campana, is also in favour of the introduction of video evidence, as in his view, this would discourage acts of diving and disloyalty.

In fact he will be proposing this idea in the next federal council that will be held on the 14th of October and this time, unlike the past, he will have the backing of the referees.
SA Italy

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Well this will probably drag on for ages. I doubt it will be implemented before the next season, unless they really have good reasons.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
DaJuve - Well if we are not getting your point, you three are not getting ours either ;)
That doesnt mean the same ;)
I agree with Ali, that you dont get our point - your replies or rather your non-replies to my posts told me that.

And actually I get you very well, but I disagree with you, that's all.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

That doesnt mean the same ;)
I agree with Ali, that you dont get our point - your replies or rather your non-replies to my posts told me that.
sorry I didn't know how to reply, but that doesn't mean I don't get your point. I get your point (I think :D ), but I think you'r wrong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)