Should or should we not sell Del Piero? (2 Viewers)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
lets sell him already he is not near his best and after 5 years we should face it he will never be the same player or a great one

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Sell him with Trezeguet and Zalayeta and get Cassano and Nonda

We will have: Cassano, Nonda, Mutu, Zlatan...we will roxors all the boxors

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Four strikers just doesnt work. Considering our hectic playing schedule. And besides, even though, there's more sense in selling Trezeguet if we get Cassano, i think retaining him will actually decrease the pressure on Nedved, if indeed Mutu can shuffle in to the midfield. I think Cassano - Trez with Mutu just behind them. Or Cassano - Zlatan, up front would be just fine. And i dont mind using Trez as supersub. Thats how he won Euro 2000 in the first place.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
But at least with Trezeguet we have a guaranteed goal-getter and a class finisher. He doesn't contribute much more, but Zlatan's finishing isn't brilliant while Del Piero, Cassano and Mutu are creators (support strikers) more than they are goalscorers. Cassano isn't needed with DP and Mutu already on our books.

Buffon
Zebina Thuram Cannavaro Zambrotta
Camoranesi Emerson Nedved
Ibrahimovic/Mutu Del Piero/Mutu
Trezeguet/Ibrahimovic

or

Buffon
Zebina Thuram Cannavaro Zambrotta
Camoranesi Emerson Rosicky Nedved
Ibrahimovic/Trezeguet Del Piero/Mutu

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Del Piero is good. We dont need to sell him. Offload Trez and Zalayeta instead and add Gilardino and Cassano :p

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
If there's any money to be spent it shouldn't be on forwards.There are alot more pressing issues in the team and as it is we are already going to have one of the best forward lineups in Europe come next season.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Exactly. Del Piero, Ibrahimovic, Mutu, Trezeguet and Zalayeta upfront is more than adequate, what we need to work on is ensuring they get good service by purchasing a creative midfielder with good distribution skills.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think besides purchasing any more players, it will be a good idea to see the people who are out on loan and start by bringing them back to add more depth if not anything else for god's sake. We're losing out on everything in the slightest of fashions thanks to our lack of creativity and depth. Bring back Maresca, Chillieni. And buy another midfielder and defender, that's all the transfer market action we need to take this team further.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
OUr forwards are adequate depth but not adequate quality! DP and Zalayeta should go, may be even Trez. Get Bojinov if fiorentina are relegated.

Players like Trez can't create sumthing, only finish, thus either play mutu at midfield or get somebody to fill our attacking midfield.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)